[DARWIN] LSC and CVL by CavaliereVerde

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
Yes I know but it is a hassle, not required because Darwinex verification has much more value.
Myfxbook is only for forward testing.

trilobite

92 169
Yes I know but it is a hassle, not required because Darwinex verification has much more value.
Myfxbook is only for forward testing.
Also myfxbook has a habit of "forgetting" the verification after a while, so I agree with you, it's not worth the hassle.
It's also easily manipulated, and sometimes shows demo accounts as real money accounts, so it is pretty useless, except for your own tracking.

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

mpups

Experienced member
1,023 143
The net past result is negative but I think that strategy portfolio is profitable because is different from the portfolio that generated the loss.
The customized result is to show why I am still trading.
Besides that I think that showing a long trackrecord gives credibility and it is better that showing nothing at all.
99% of forum experts have nothing to show.
A break even result is 100 times better than nothing.
You bring up your feelings on "showing track record" and "forum experts" but I was just talking about the 5%pa charge. If you believe you can cope with this charge then that answers my question. Fine. It was you that brought up the subject of actual % returns, and then it got confusing.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
I explained:
  1. why I am sharing a unattractive trackrecord
  2. why I think it is a winning strategy (of course I could be wrong)
  3. why I am trading it on Darwinex paying high swaps

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
LSC & NFO

LSCcust-euraud.png

I decided to remove the EURAUD component from the portfolio.
EURAUD was also the most frequent and expensive both in term of commissions and swaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Currency

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
LSC & NFO

GBPJPY seems to be sideways but the result is negative on 2y 1y and 6m .
It has the most expensive swaps of the remaining components so I will wait for another month to see if there is some kind of recovery.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
On CVL 5/5 assets still fine after one year from revision.
For LSC AUDJPY and EURUSD are fine on 1y , 2y , 3y.

Maybe I am in the phase of removal, tired to pay for nothing.

The more I acquire experience the more I understand that stuff that really work is extremely rare.
Very few darwins and very few strategies.
I am here to make money not to win a prize for diversification.

Last edited:

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
LSC & NFO

NFO-regularity1.png

This is the problem with few component strategies in the darwin.
Few trades and an uneven distribution that can lead to low regularity.
There are 33 on last 3M but only 5 trades on last 1M .

Last edited:

Forexintradiadarwin

41 67
Cavaliereverde, I am surprised to see this statement in your description "Algorithmic swing trading with candlestick patterns. 1 trade per market"
I though automatic trading couldn't program/interpret - perform candle sticks. Am I wrong?

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
Yes you are wrong :) , a candlestick pattern is a bit more difficult to be coded than indicators but is just a set of conditions about candles Open High Close and Low values.

You can find a lot of articles and code on mql5.com

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,594 2,064
I started to trade "manually" back in 2014 with an "end of the day" price action strategy on D1 a la Nial Fuller but it was fully systematic, 100% rule based.
My strategies of today are different but fully rule based so they can be fully automated.
Discretionary is when you combine some rules with some "feelings" that you dont' want to translate into a precise rule.

Reactions: Forexintradiadarwin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock