• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

It depends on what are the goals.
->https://www.darwinex.com/investors/darwins-performance
This is the key:
"DARWINs are liquid assets uncorrelated with the market = liquid alpha. Professional investment funds assign 5-10% of their portfolio to liquid alpha assets."
It doesn't say that darwins generate more return than stocks.
Hedge Funds on average generate 4% annualized, with darwins you can have the same net reaturn without being an accredited investor with deep pockets.
For a retail investor using the x3 leverage is practically mandatory.
Even than you can still do better holding growth stocks.

Veterans portfolio, monthly update

vet160821.png

The portfolio has 20 months of trackrecord.

Last edited:
Most Darwins need more than 2 years to reach 50% return.
An exception in the 50% filter is KNI with an incredible 20% profit on August 1st which is only available to sell.
Don't know why they show in its correlation that it is overwritten by DYD, as the correlation value is less than 50% and the Darwins are driven by different users.
Maybe the same trader has more than 1 userid and Friday's data are not calculated yet or they don't change it as long as KNI is not trading.

It works combined with Darwinia and earnings, high DScore would work the same or maybe better.
In my Veterans portfolio 9/10 darwins have more than 50% return.
50% return that could be produced also with farming and migrations.
It is the earning requirement that produces long trackrecords.

Correlation is unreliable when there are these strong movements.
Different strategies riding the same trend.

This recent spike/DD is due to SKI which is my last addition to the portfolio.
>https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SKI#
SKI is still in my main filter and not in my filter for losers but I dont' like what is going on there.
Var blowed up from 8% to 16% in one month.
Loss Aversion score collapsed from a stable 9+ to 4.
Maintain trading discipline is difficult task for manual trader. Manual traders most likely ruin there Stoploss compare to algo traders.

Thanx to the early voters! :)
I hope for some more votes.
BTW I will take my decision during the next weekend.

Drawdown is not a problem for me.
The problem is how the DD is managed, and in this case it was managed with overtrating, overstaying losing trades and adding more (revenge trading).

After Darwinex decision to completely wipe old community I reduced my investments to only one portfolio and 5 darwins.
Old setup was a portfolio with 20 darwins and another with 10.
Also the investment in my trading equity and lotsizes have been cut by 50%.

Here is the monthly update of my Veterans portfolio (5 darwins).

vet171121.png

Last edited: