• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] Model Portfolio by Darwinex

I remember one Juan Colon video on the YouTube channel, yesss back in the days he made videos. Got my attention when he was talking about improvements, etc and he said they were going to launch a Darwin selection "pata negra" (Spanish expression to say the very best of the best). Never happened.

Well, they've proved to be bad investors. That's not a bad thing 'per se' but maybe they should erase their Model Portfolio if it sucks

It is marketing, they need to show to investors what a portfolio could be and what kind of return it could deliver.

Clearly every time they change it is a defeat because it means they are unable to spot real rubust traders, they bump into lucky monkeys just like normal investors.

If they were able to invest darwins they would show a live result not a backtest but even a backtest is better than nothing.

Last edited:
It is marketing, they need to show to investors what a portfolio could be and what kind of return it could deliver.

Clearly every time they change it is a defeat because it means they are unable to spot real rubust traders, they bump into lucky monkeys just like normal investors.

If they were able to invest darwins they would show a live result not a backtest but even a backtest is better than nothing.
maybe they will give you a job, if your portfolio is successful ;)

I have no words for this last monkey business with 'Model Portfolio'.Speechless.🥇🏴‍☠️☢️🦨🤘

I prefer to see the glass half full.

The Model Portfolio is usefult to:
  1. Set right expectations about return
  2. Set the right expectations about stagnation

I prefer to see the glass half full.

The Model Portfolio is usefult to:
  1. Set right expectations about return
  2. Set the right expectations about stagnation
most important:
3. set the right expectations about quality and results of backtests

The next one to kick out is YZZ with nearly 10% loss.
YZZ had been removed some weeks ago but now we have a significant revision of Model Backtest ;)
QJU removed too (its addition was a very dumb move)
Added PUL by our amazing @Pulse07 !
Added NTI by rustproof @KlondikeFX , it is great come back, NTI was in the very first Model Portfolio created in 2019.

MPv4.png

model22082021.png

It is 3 months since the last repaint and this portfolio has generated 1% return and is at ATH .
Darwinex is learning how to find robust Darwins.
Let's wait and see if it will surrvive.
It is consistent with 4-5% annualized.
I think it is possible to do better but not so much.

It proves that the goal of this page is to attract investors not to educate them.
The former portfolio wasn't a loser, they removed a realistic portfolio to show an overfitted and attractive one.

We have an "impressing" +0.5% profit since 25/11/21
@IlIlIlIlI let's see if the portfolio will last til November 2023.
I think by then there won't be any profit left but it is more likely that they will change the portfolio before November.

Last edited: