• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

When you lower your expectations you start to make money
Wise words for traders and investors at social trading sites!

The problem is to find good traders who are not chasing max. Return.That is really big problem for minority of investors who understand the wisdom of your saying.There are good traders on these sites but they crash eventually because they compete too much.
I think only at Darwinex there is a chance we will eventually gather big group of reasonable traders who will be solid base for performing portfolios. Everywhere else I see a jungle where short trackrecords are the rule and there is no serious feedback from investors to tell the reality of their 'investments'.
eToro is claiming millions of users (now it is 10 mil. :rolleyes: ),plenty of profitable traders each year,29% average profit for 50 most-copied traders and yet,there is total silence in general forums.Also in this forum that is supposedly biggest in UK.Why?Those 50 most-copied traders were not the same a year ago and will not be the same a year from now.Only brokers are making money consistently.
There are traders who are able to make money consistently for years and years,on yearly basis,but they are competing with gamblers for investor's attention.
While the majority of people leave their money at banks to get maybe 1% and they get taxed on that.Than some of them come to a social-trading site and say 10% is rubbish,because they see a bunch of traders making 40-100% :p.

eToro HAS millions of users and its trackrecord starts back in 2008.
This is the reason they are able to produce this:
2 years backtested anf 4 years live and invested
15% annualized return with 7% DD
2000 investors with a min required investment of 5k, we have 10 millions without the need of "institutionals"
This is the kind of result that I want to acheive or beat with my portfolio.

The actual Model Porfolio by Darwinex is another benchmark for me: 7% net annualized.
->https://www.darwinex.com/investors/darwins-performance
My "Veterans" 10 darwins portfolio is floating between 5-10% on 6M, it is leveraged and the backtest shows 80% in 4 years.
So I can expect 15-20% annualized.

Last edited:
vet6m11.png

10 darwins Veterans portfolio.
Doesn't print money every month but seems to be able to stay positive on 6M.
Hidden gems, 8 darwins have less than 50 investors.

Good afternoon, Cavaliereverde. I have a question to you, i am asking myself. I read you! You look for +10% profit per year on average, with a long track record, isn't it? As we can see on this link : https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/18/the-sp-500-has-already-met-its-average-return-for-a-full-year.html the s&p500 is +10% profit and with 90 years track record, which is the longest track record existing. My question is why you look for traders? Those who look for traders are those who want to have more profits of the standard stock exchange? Those who want the profit you want, simply have to invest the standard stock exchange. I do not want to attack your way to think, i just want an answer because from my opinion this is quite incoherent. Maybe you have a reason why that i do not yet understand? Thank you, i respect you and your knowledge, i just don't understand.

Thank you for your answer. If you go to see your banker, you can ask him to invest your capital in the s&p500 with 1.5 or 2 leverage tool! That would be very less risky for you instead of risky traders. Trading and traders, it is more to look from 30% and more. Under this, this not trading, this is investment. My 2 cents!

Investing traders is not about risk but about finding real ones that perform in the future, it is extremely difficult.
Unfortunatelly 30% or more is something only Jim Simons is doing and he is not investable.

Investing spx500 makes a lot of sense and it is easy but comes with a DD of 50%, there is not so much room for leverage.
If I did not have 8 years of experience in social trading Iwould go for a Ray Dalio All Weather.
->http://www.lazyportfolioetf.com/allocation/ray-dalio-all-weather/
8% annual with a DD of 12%
Leveraging it could make sense but leveraged ETFs are not so convenient and not so easy to find.

Speaking about a silent trader: JTL.

@CavaliereVerde maybe it is a good idea to create a thread for this Darwin in the Darwins section?

No shouting from this trader, just very good trading, and Ex Score 10.

Although the trader may not be here, potential investors could discuss.
This I what the JTL landing page says: "Japanese traditional trading techniques. 100% rule-based momentum strategy. Fixed ratio position sizing. No target, no stop loss, no time stop. Signals only come from simple strategies ensemble. The reason I don't use a stop loss is because the concept of momentum has a stop loss. High performance in volatile environments."

Although I am curious about the above system, as an Investor on JTL, I am quite happy with their silence. I very much prefer they focus on their trading.

View attachment 296485

Montlhy update of my Veterans portfolio.
DD and stagnation are comparable to the one after August 2020.

Despite the (few) changes, the result is the same as the backtest of the current portfolio.

View attachment 296486
How many Darwins are there in this Portfolio?
I find 6 months is quite good as a minimum period to look back at any Portfolio selection (all of mine have gone South by then, which is the reason I am only running demo portfolios these days). My current demo 6 month performance is -2.1%