• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

There is no improvement needed as most of them are useless for an investment decision, but nice to look at their developement if you are the trader.
(speaking about investable attributes...)
I strongly desagree.
IAs are very useful for investors if you know how to use them.

Monitoring Capacity chart is very useful to determine if a charlatan is impressing investors with return done with a different strategy
For example JHU that migrated 150% done with scalping and than changed to position trading.

Market Correlation is extremely useful to understan if a "trader" is generating return just being long on US stocks/indexes.

Risk Stability and Loss Aversion are very useful to undestand if a trader is running a martingale.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Description has been updated MONTHS after the migration. :devilish:
You can find a screenshot here:
->https://community.darwinex.com/t/jhu-unofficial-discussion/6393/20?u=cavaliereverde
Description stated "night scalping" in august 2020, 6 months after the migration and strategy change.
Unfortunatelly we don't have a changelog, but we have investable attributes to understand HOW return has been produced.
Sir, you are a mine of useful information, thanks for all you are doing here.

Sir, you are a mine of useful information, thanks for all you are doing here.
Haha I am here to share my experience and inspire other investors. :)

It is mines vs landmines.
;)
Edge is scarce and a single landmine will wipe away the profit of a portfolio.
BTW you are on Darwinex since 2016 so you are not a noob.

You know how hard they were working on IAs before 2018.
IAs are a critical success factor for Darwinex, they existed even before Darwins, Tradeslide was created to rate trackrecords.
They created IAs because return and DD were not enough, as we can learn from Zulu and Autotrade.

Last edited:
For example JHU that migrated 150% done with scalping and than changed to position trading.
That's their description, but is it correct?
Or are the trades made in reality a mix between both concepts?
They had 71 trades last month and 4,741 in total. I don't see a significant behaviour change there when I multiply the number of trades with the number of month.
They are trading high risk assets including XAU, WTI and indices.
The most change I see in the different timeframes is that they concentrate on these high risk assets and currency pairs are nuch more seldom.
Read the figures of the Asset&Timeframes chart - mainly the developement between 1 month, 6 month and all, then you will get a better impression about their risk (and the chart of the last week) than from their unspectacular (too good?) investable attributes.
Having written that critical points, I want to point out that they had an all time high in the middle of February.

In this case reading assets & timeframes is not enough.

If you go to Trading Journal you can notice pure scalping before migration, buy and hold spx and gold after, than something
mixed.
This is the point Trading Journal is very difficult to read for non-traders, plotting investable attributes is much easier.
JHUinvestattrib1.png

It is not about "high risk asstes" but about the significance of 150% of return done with a completely different strategy.
I think 250 investors joined because of that result not because of 15% done on Darwinex.

Last edited:
In this case reading assets & timeframes is not enough.

If you go to Trading Journal you can notice pure scalping before migration, buy and hold spx and gold after, than something
mixed.
This is the point Trading Journal is very difficult to read for non-traders, plotting investable attributes is much easier.
View attachment 297196

It is not about "high risk asstes" but about the significance of 150% of return done with a completely different strategy.
I think 250 investors joined because of that result not because of 15% done on Darwinex.
That - at least cp and la - confirms my assumption that they use the old strategy again which means, they started trading again in January.

1. pre migration: pure scalping and CP 0.5
  2. rest of 2020: pure b&h and CP 10
  3. 2021: mixed stuff and CP 5
Stable CP = consistent style and reliable trader.
Unstable CP = unstable style and unreliable trader.

Past return is not indicative of future performance but past discipline is indicative of future discipline.

This is the point Trading Journal is very difficult to read for non-traders
That is why,among few other reasons,I urge investors to respect the most important indicator:Time.Some traders are full of BS,but they cannot BS Time.
There is no substitute for Time:actual trading on darwinex platform,while being under watchful eye of Risk Manager,Investors(public trading)and under stress of managing 'other people's money' in real situation.

Time is the most important indicator but sometimes can be fooled.
Suppose a guy trades only once a month, he profits for 3 years and 36 trades, would you trust him?
I would not and Experience score would be red for him.
When we deal with thousands of trackrecords we could bump into pretty long and lucky martingales, 2 or maybe 3 years.
Risk Stability and Loss Aversion aren't fooled by lucky martingales.
The same story with Market Correlation, spx500 can be bullish for many years.
If you win in the wrong way the black swan always comes but luck can last long.
Investable attributes do not substitute time but integrate it.

Last edited:
Soppose a guy trades only once a month, he profits for 3 years and 36 trades, would you trust him?
I would,provided he is not martingale monkey(trading journal,or if investor doesn't know how to read it :RS and La indicators).
But ,since I am Manual/discretionary trader,knowing for 3 years when to trade and when to stay away from market shows a formidable skill and discipline.

Has anyone invested in darwinex profitable? I don't mean they're bad. But it might be because the way I invested in darwin was not that good.
Who has been profitable. Please share which darwin did you choose?

@Powter
I suggest you to ask questions in the appropriate place. :)
I am profitable on a 6 months timeframe.
I am not sharing the portfolio because I worked 4 years to find it but I am sharing some guidelines that you can read here above.
When you will share your result in this category I can be more specific with suggestions