North West Traders

Hi guys, i live in Huddersfield and would like to meet up in future, Mancs is only 40 mins away.
Good to see a trading community getting together, as we dont work in the city, trading can be a lonely game for us, especially when people around you dont understand it.

Its A Date??

sorted, how about Saturday 7th June 2pm at a pub with a beer garden in manchester, as it might be sunny.:)

Any Suggestions for a PUB in manchester??

Last edited:
newbie trader ( 6 months ) hoping to go full time soon, manchester based, would love to join up for a north west meeting

Hi Lote Tree,

I live in Bury, but visit manchester centre most Saturdays. If you fancy meeting up for a chat let me know. Anybody else welcome.

Burble

I also live in Bury, really is a small world. Anywhere near the centre?

Leon

(ps, I realise this message is old)

Hi
i live in Manchester and trade the US markets. Seems like there are quite a few of us (traders) around and about really! It's a shame this thread isn't truly live, it would be great to have a good active local group. We could share info, talk about all aspects of trading, learn from each other, provide support, etc. There could be some good opportunities to develop working links...
Anyone out there?
Syn

Just keeping the thread alive. So following my above post, is there anyone out there...?

Im alive :)
Why don't we just set a date and place and just see who comes otherwise we will never meet!

Hello Shiromni!
Nice to see there is someone out there! What's yoru style of trading? I think you might be right, set and date and see who's interested...

i wouldn't mind coming to a NW traders evening, as long as there were no Scousers or Mancs........oops

Hi Synonym,

i am based in Didsbury, south mcr, where are you based ?

Hi apollo1970,
just around 6 miles from me then. I've got friends who live in Didsbury. I know it reasonably well, it's got a few reasonable pubs and bars and places to eat. I currently live in Failsworth in NE mcr.

What markets do you trade and in what style?

Syn

Hi there,
Im in rochdale, but seeing as I have a broken leg at the moment, I probably wont be meeting anyone soon, which would be a very good idea, especially for me. I dont know one end of a chart from another, so I would learn buckets!

Hi apollo1970,
just around 6 miles from me then. I've got friends who live in Didsbury. I know it reasonably well, it's got a few reasonable pubs and bars and places to eat. I currently live in Failsworth in NE mcr.

What markets do you trade and in what style?

Syn

Hi Synonym
I know failsworth as i do some work over that way sometimes and have some friends over there.
I trade UK stocks using spread betting, did a bit this time last year and just starting again after a few months gap due to being busy with work however i have picked up where i left off ( loosing !! )
I use MA's put find if i don't put the time in it goes pear shaped

Hi Synonym
I know failsworth as i do some work over that way sometimes and have some friends over there.
I trade UK stocks using spread betting, did a bit this time last year and just starting again after a few months gap due to being busy with work however i have picked up where i left off ( loosing !! )
I use MA's put find if i don't put the time in it goes pear shaped

Hi Apollo

Small world! I spreadbet too, but i only trade the us markets at the moment - i started my journey there and as yet have no reason to move to include any others, but I do see myself trading the uk markets some point in future.

At the moment, i don't want the leverage and so i hardly use SBetting, but i aim to develop a consistent strategy suitable for SB's characteristics. I use City Index, and have a cpaital spreads account (which i hardly use). I like the look of IG INdex too at the moment. Which SB companies do you use?

I can appreciate what you say re time. Trading sure is something that you have to remain focussed on! I don't know how long you have been trading; i know a fair bit but i'm still in on a steep learning curve, and the amount of time you have to put into it in order to become truly consistent can be huge (but it's worth it!). Not that long ago, I negotiated going job-share at work (i work a 3 day week), the rest of my working week is spent on trading.

Hi Karlsparadise
you're not far away either. So how did you get interested in trading? Have you got any plans or ideas of what you want to do or are you still just finding out what it's all about?

Syn

Hi Syn,
i use IG and i think it is a great setup they have, i don't use leverage at the moment as i am not good enough and don't want to loose more than i can afford. I have thought about trading US stocks because i have more time in the evening and have looked at the stockscouter system for picking shares which has a good track record. I think my business will turn bad towards the end of this year and i really need to get my **** in gear and get to a level where i can go full time because this is all i want to do in life ( career wise )
At the moment i am thinking of trading ETF's more medium to long term using daily charts.

Funnily enough i am of to Portsmouth in the morning for the weekend with some friends from Failsworth

Apollo