North West Traders

Possible North West meeting?

Hi,

I would like to put forward the possibility that I organise a meeting for North West based UK traders in the very near future - perhaps over the next 3/4 weeks.

The idea is that several of us get together to chat about all things trading related - swap ideas, help each other out with queries and basically see if it is beneficial to do so on a regular basis.

Basically form a "Mastermind Group".

Here is the initial plan:

Meet Saturday 14th July 10am - Hotel or Pub in the Preston area

(I've picked Preston because it is off the M61, M6 and M65 - hotel I have in mind is right by all three of these motorways)

We can take control of a small corner in the Hotel bar and have a few drinks and maybe some lunch.

Bring all questions, queries and experience with you and meet some other traders.

Anyone interested? If so, please add to this post or PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I'm up for meeting on the 14th. I've been trading part time for almost 2 years now, currently day trading FTSE.

Peter

I would be there, but am 400 miles away. Maybe us poor southerners could get together. I am sooooo new to this and need all the help I can get..... Just joined Vince Stanzione's spread btting site :confused: don't know what to expect!!!

Mastermind Meeting

Hey I Live In Portland Oregon USA i Would like To Attend A Meeting THAT I Do Not Have To Travel Too FAR some One Start One So We Can Attend

Jamie,
"North West" on this thread means NORTH WEST ENGLAND ....just suggesting you might wish to put your proposal on a thread NW US if you are looking to get something going ...alternatively buy me a ticket and hotel room and I'll see you next month. ;)

Hey Everyone,

I live in the north west, Manchester specifically, I would like to meet up if you guys have space for a complete novice. :)

I have been reading all the books under the sun about trading and have come to the conclusion that trading is where I belong. Here are few books that i've devoured:

George Soros - The Alchemy of Finance

Edwin Lefevre - Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator

Perry J. Kaufman - Smarter Trading Improving Performance In Changing Markets

Jack D. Schwager - Market Wizards

Jack D. Schwager - The New Market Wizards - Conversations with America's Top Traders

Perry J. Kaufman - Trading Systems and Methods 3rd Edition

Larry Williams - Long-Term Secrets To Short-Term Trading

Ralph Vince - The Mathematics Of Money Management

Michael Covel - Trend Following

John Forman - The Essentials of Trading - From the Basics to Building a Winning Strategy

John J. Murphy - Intermarket Technical Analysis Trading Strategies For The Global Stock, Bond, Commodity, And Currency Markets

Mark Douglas - Trading in The Zone

Thomas Stridsman - Trading Systems That Work

Joe Ross - Trading The Ross Hook

Joe Ross - Trading By The Book

Richard L. Weissman - Mechanical Trading Systems Pairing Trader Psychology with Technical Analysis

Curtis Faith - Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods that Turned Ordinary People into Legendary Traders

Van K. Tharp - Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom

I've put what I’ve learned into practice via a Forex demo account, just to practice. I'm at the embryonic stage of constructing a business plan because I intend to take up trading full time.

It would be great to meet up with a few like minded people in the area. :)

Peace

lote_tree

Hi Lote Tree,

I live in Bury, but visit manchester centre most Saturdays. If you fancy meeting up for a chat let me know. Anybody else welcome.

Burble

I may be interested too. Just finished a 2 year jail sentenance at Bank of New York in Manchester. Live in Chester so its not to far to go.

Hi Everyone,

Anyone organising an event in the North West?

I see that there are a few people from Manchester in this thread. May be a good idea if we organise a meeting for the Manchester crew. What do you reckon? I'm from Manchester myself.

Obviously if somebody organises a meetig for all in the North West, i'd love to be a part of it.

Peace.....

lote

Need two pple to team up with me and start a trading outfit here in Manchester. Is anyone ready for this?