New Forum Structure

Pete

T2W sent out a superfundfx partner offer to a targeted group of members. (Aus NZ only). One recipient reported joining the scheme here prior to T2W withdrawing the offer. Yes they did later e mail the recipients and said they did not endorse the product. However I'm not sure that gets them off the hook. It's rather like being caught shoplifting and expecting to get off if you leave the stuff back.

Actually, this is incorrect.

T2W did not sent the mailer.

Oxygene Media sent the mailer.

T2W are guilty of not keeping track of the company that they partnered with to do paid mailings.

You know this, so why are you still continuing with the line that you sent it?

so why are you still continuing with the line that you sent it?

I'm not with you.

EDIT: Oh I see, you mean "so why are you still continuing with the line that they sent it?"

Well admittedly we have been told that an inexperienced staff member at an outsourced company sent it. However it was sent in T2Ws name and is (or was) strangely archived on the T2W site.

Attachments

• partner offer Superfund.jpg
    partner offer Superfund.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Sorry - I meant "that T2W sent it".

They didn't send it. It was a marketing company that sent it.

Yes but their marketing company that they had engaged to handle such matters. Its like saying it wasnt Sharky it was one of his employees. What's the difference it was sent in their name, who cares who hit 'send'?

So how did an HTML version of the partner offer end up on t2w's servers ? who created it ? and who uploaded it there ? It may well have been the agency, but its a question that's being ducked.

What is know is that within minutes of this fiasco being made public t2w where furiously deleting similar partner offers from there servers. Who created those pages, and who uploaded those ?

So how did an HTML version of the partner offer end up on t2w's servers ? who created it ? and who uploaded it there ? It may well have been the agency, but its a question that's being ducked.

What is know is that within minutes of this fiasco being made public t2w where furiously deleting similar partner offers from there servers. Who created those pages, and who uploaded those ?

You know what - you will not get an answer to that question.

Such is life. You sometimes dont get what you want.

So why bother with this over & over again? It is not an efficient use of your free time.

Is it an obsession? Do you think you will change things by poking T2W staff like this?

Has there actually been a time in your life where you have affected positive change by trying to annoy someone into submission?

Has there actually been a time in your life where you have affected positive change by trying to annoy someone into submission?

It works all the time, its called campaigning. Do you think the Gurkhas would have got the right to live in the UK if Joanna Lumley hadnt been hounding that cabinet minister retard into submission?

According to you we should just take no for an answer and go away.

It works all the time, its called campaigning. Do you think the Gurkhas would have got the right to live in the UK if Joanna Lumley hadnt been hounding that cabinet minister retard into submission?

According to you we should just take no for an answer and go away.

So you are now comparing your whines about an internet forum to Joanna Lumley campaigning about the mistreatment of war heros?

I'd have to say there is little help for you, if you are that far gone.

Look - fact is, if you had ANY experience in the corporate world, you'd know that all you are doing is building a wall between yourself and T2W. The more you carry on, the higher the wall gets. Make no mistake - you ARE dealing with a company and people who work for that company here.

You have completely mismanaged your campaign. You are now doing nothing more than making yourself look foolish.

There is a way to get people onto your side and attacking them over and over again is not the way to get people to hear your side of an issue.

Obviously, I do not think I will get you onto my side of this argument. It will more than likely put you on the defensive which is exactly what you SHOULD NOT do if you actually want a positive outcome.

If you think something needs to change, then you need to gain the respect of the people you think need to make the changes. What you are doing here will do the exact opposite of that.

It also helps if you come half way, concede a few issues, give the other person a few pats on the back, give a bit of credit were due. Balance the negative with a good dose of positive. Gently sway them your way.

The gentle art of persuasion....

Toasty has a vendors agenda. He's afraid that the environment in which he hunts might possibly change.

Unlike you who doesn't have an agenda?

Seriously - you need to let this go. It makes no sense for a grown adult to commit so much time to a forum they clearly hate so much.

If you got a ban from this forum you hate, you would be back under another id within hours.

Such is your obsession with the place.

I don't get it - I presume you also got burnt by an unqualified trainer you met here? Maybe it was multiple people that burnt you before you realised what was happening.

I feel for you but you really should let it go.

It's not healthy you know.

So you are now comparing your whines about an internet forum to Joanna Lumley campaigning about the mistreatment of war heros?

I'd have to say there is little help for you, if you are that far gone.

Look - fact is, if you had ANY experience in the corporate world, you'd know that all you are doing is building a wall between yourself and T2W. The more you carry on, the higher the wall gets. Make no mistake - you ARE dealing with a company and people who work for that company here.

You have completely mismanaged your campaign. You are now doing nothing more than making yourself look foolish.

There is a way to get people onto your side and attacking them over and over again is not the way to get people to hear your side of an issue.

Obviously, I do not think I will get you onto my side of this argument. It will more than likely put you on the defensive which is exactly what you SHOULD NOT do if you actually want a positive outcome.

If you think something needs to change, then you need to gain the respect of the people you think need to make the changes. What you are doing here will do the exact opposite of that.

It also helps if you come half way, concede a few issues, give the other person a few pats on the back, give a bit of credit were due. Balance the negative with a good dose of positive. Gently sway them your way.

The gentle art of persuasion....

Actually my 'whines' are about the thieves and fraudsters who pray on people and cause immense harm. Let's not forget Senen Pousa's scam took over $100 million from people with many of them losing 6 figures and at least one of them remortgaging his house to 'invest'.

It's hardly the minor matter you seem to believe.

If you think something needs to change, then you need to gain the respect of the people you think need to make the changes. ...

Really, that would work better? It always seems to me like nothing changes until a highly embarrassing incident is highlighted that can't be explained away. Rather like MPs expenses.

According to you The Telegraph should have written them a polite letter asking them to give the money back rather than publishing photos of duck houses etc. Yes that would work.

Sorry you don't approve mrblonde but, as I have said already and as Steve outlined in his OP, it was a decision taken after long and careful consideration and follows best practice in terms of forum structure and design. As for not being easier on the eye, I would think you're in the minority view there as the size and complexity of the forum structure has been reduced in size by around two thirds.

Please try and keep an open mind and give it time to 'bed in' - and yourself time to get used to it. Lastly, if it's clear that an element isn't working as we hoped it would, then we will of course listen to feedback from members (as we always do, lol!) and make any necessary changes.
;)
Tim.

Timsk, a compromise solution would be to use this link at the top of the landing
page (above or below the new trader section):

Trade2Win Forums - Top 50 Stats
That is just the Top Ten Stats link that is currently at the bottom of the landing page.

In other words, put the Top Ten Stats link at the top of the landing page and
rename it discussion heatmap or similar :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also put Trading journals into the Trading methods section as journals
are essentially a diary of someone's method.

Spreads could go into Trading methods, or as a subforum of Techical analysis.

Also, putting subforum links to Risk & Money Management & Trading Psychology
forums in First steps might be an idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, I can see where Robster and a few others are coming from
regarding the dumping of general trading chat altogether.
Worth noting that Elite Trader does still have a General section at the top of
the forum landing page - "trading".
Forum - Day Trader Forum - Day Trading - EliteTrader.com
That would reamove the mammoth task of re-filing all the General trading chat threads...
Maybe just refile the dcurrently stickied, most viewed threads that are clearly
in the wrong section?
The discussion heatmap idea I mentioned earlier might negate the need for that though?

Just my 2c feedback on the changes so far.
On the whole, apart from the above points, I think its OK :)

Unlike you who doesn't have an agenda?

I have no agenda, I just enjoy the lulz

Seriously - you need to let this go. It makes no sense for a grown adult to commit so much time to a forum they clearly hate so much.

I dont hate t2w at all, there's the odd thought provoking post, and bags of entertainment in what would otherwise be a pretty boring day watching screens.

If you got a ban from this forum you hate, you would be back under another id within hours.

No I wouldn't, Ive had the odd ban, and on every occasion I've used the time away far more productively. If I'm honest I would miss the lulz, and I'd probably be tempted to pop back, however, when the day does come when I am banned I suspect that t2w will no longer the type of place that I or the people who's company I currently enjoy would wish to be.

Such is your obsession with the place.

pot kettle black :p

I don't get it - I presume you also got burnt by an unqualified trainer you met here? Maybe it was multiple people that burnt you before you realised what was happening.

I think I've only purchased 3 products or services from vendors in over 15 years, non of which where hunting at t2w, and all of which where perfectly OK and cost significantly less than the price of an average losing trade.

I feel for you but you really should let it go.

It's not healthy you know.

I find it quite therapeutic and relaxing

:LOL:

This whole shambolic episode stinks of painting over cracks in the walls. T2W staff aren't a bunch of moonlighting civil servants by any chance?

Actually my 'whines' are about the thieves and fraudsters who pray on people and cause immense harm. Let's not forget Senen Pousa's scam took over $100 million from people with many of them losing 6 figures and at least one of them remortgaging his house to 'invest'.

It's hardly the minor matter you seem to believe.

It's not though is it?

If that were the case, you'd be back to doing a sterling job.

Now you keep going on about this post deletion. It's an embarrassment for T2W - you know it, I know it, they know it. Rubbing salt in their wounds wont help now.

You do a sterling job here but some of these fairly small issues aren't worth going round over & over again IMO.

This is just my opinion though