New Forum Structure

that particular forum acted very badly and blatantly protected a known scammer. even in the face of the obvious they still closed threads and have not allowed further discussion on their behavior.

which brings me back to this particular ongoing episode. i had faith that our forum have acted in a better manner, compared to over there. now i'm not so sure.

Strangely though the same forum allowed all the Baghdady information to remain when you weren't allowed to even mention his name here.

I want to ask two further questions.

1. Can we now discuss Andrew Barnett and his LTG Goldrock scheme? Last time I started a thread about him I was banned and the thread deleted.

2. Can you please answer the question about onetwotrade. Were they T2W partners, specifically was a partner offer issued for them?

I want to ask two further questions.

1. Can we now discuss Andrew Barnett and his LTG Goldrock scheme? Last time I started a thread about him I was banned and the thread deleted.

2. Can you please answer the question about onetwotrade. Were they T2W partners, specifically was a partner offer issued for them?

Anyone care to answer?

Can we now discuss Andrew Barnett and his LTG Goldrock scheme?

I can answer the above and the answer is no as has been previously stated and the reason is legal. I am unable to answer the second one but I am not aware that they were part of a partner offer.

Anyone care to answer?

Oh, for heavens sake get over it.

tin_foil_hat.gif

I am unable to start a thread in News & Feedback forum. Any reason?

I was going to comment about the loss of general trading chat and to find out where you believe we should be hanging out when we are not talking about the specific securities we trade?

Just created a test thread and it worked fine for me. Can you explain what happened when you tried to post a new thread?

Just created a test thread and it worked fine for me. Can you explain what happened when you tried to post a new thread?

Clicked 'New Thread', get the permissions error page Sharky...

Attachments

• T2Wdenied.png
    T2Wdenied.png
    160 KB · Views: 182
Just tried it - same here.

Maybe it's for the under 40s...

PBoyles - that's just a joke, OK?

I was going to comment about the loss of general trading chat and to find out where you believe we should be hanging out when we are not talking about the specific securities we trade?
Hi robster,
I'll leave you in Sharky's capable hands to sort the tech' issues.

Regarding your question about General Trading Chat - this has indeed been dispensed with. That forum had become bloated, resulting in some members becoming a tad 'lazy' about where they posted and/or deliberately posting there as that's where the most activity tended to be. So, where do you 'hang out' now? Well, the answer to that is dictated by your topic of discussion. It'll take a bit of getting used to for old hands like you that knew the old forum structure well but, in a few weeks, you'll be used to it and, hopefully, find the new forum structure much easier and quicker to navigate.
;)
Tim.

Okay, problem solved. We merged the feedback forum into the announcements one, but we'd forgotten the announcements one was only set up for staff to create new threads in. I've reset the permissions now and you shouldn't have any problems creating new threads.

Hi robster,
I'll leave you in Sharky's capable hands to sort the tech' issues.

Regarding your question about General Trading Chat - this has indeed been dispensed with. That forum had become bloated, resulting in some members becoming a tad 'lazy' about where they posted and/or deliberately posting there as that's where the most activity tended to be. So, where do you 'hang out' now? Well, the answer to that is dictated by your topic of discussion. It'll take a bit of getting used to for old hands like you that knew the old forum structure well but, in a few weeks, you'll be used to it and, hopefully, find the new forum structure much easier and quicker to navigate.
;)
Tim.

I don't agree Tim but I'll start a thread separately. I think something valuable has been lost and it was beyond categorisation and classification.

Structuring the user-generated-content is important but a lot of what was discussed in general chat, about trading, transcends the historic and current categorisation.

I don't agree Tim but I'll start a thread separately. I think something valuable has been lost and it was beyond categorisation and classification.

Structuring the user-generated-content is important but a lot of what was discussed in general chat, about trading, transcends the historic and current categorisation.
Hi robster,
I hear what you're saying. It was something we debated at great length and explored all the avenues - well, as many as we could think of - and we felt this is the best solution. Inevitably, whatever we do, there will be elements people don't like. A certain amount of compromise is necessary when undertaking a project of this kind. FWIW, I have the unenviable task of moving a lot of the threads out of Gen' Trading Chat into the new forum structure: I'm expecting it to be a bit of a challenge!
:p
Just start your new thread where you think best. I'm keeping an eye on things and will move threads around if members' get it very wrong. In your case, I'm sure I won't need to!
Tim.

Just start your new thread where you think best. I'm keeping an eye on things and will move threads around if members' get it very wrong. In your case, I'm sure I won't need to!
Tim.

Excellent - I will start it off in the 'Fixed Odds and Binary Betting' Forum :p

What a complete shambles, whoever came up with that stonking idea needs shooting.
Sorry you don't approve mrblonde but, as I have said already and as Steve outlined in his OP, it was a decision taken after long and careful consideration and follows best practice in terms of forum structure and design. As for not being easier on the eye, I would think you're in the minority view there as the size and complexity of the forum structure has been reduced in size by around two thirds.

Please try and keep an open mind and give it time to 'bed in' - and yourself time to get used to it. Lastly, if it's clear that an element isn't working as we hoped it would, then we will of course listen to feedback from members (as we always do, lol!) and make any necessary changes.
;)
Tim.