Appointment of new Forum Moderators

Nika

I'm pleased to announce the expansion of our Moderator Team.

Our two current Moderators - Lightning McQueen and counter_violent will continue their work across the whole Forum as 'Global Moderators'.

They will be joined by three new 'Forum Moderators' who will look after specific Forum categories to start with.

Our new Forum Moderators and their categories are:

zambuck - 'Tools'
Elefteros - 'Forex Markets'
leovirgo - 'Methodologies' and 'Styles & Strategies'

Please join me in welcoming them to their new role.

As a reminder please find below a brief summary of what the tasks of our Moderators are.

T2W MODERATOR TEAM

Introduction
Global Moderators and Forum Moderators are experienced Forum members granted extra privileges not available to ordinary members. In general, these privileges allow the moderator to modify the content of forums to ensure that it remains within T2W Site Guidelines.

Global Moderators work across the Forum whilst the remit of Forum Moderators is limited to one or a limited number of Forum categories (i.e. Forex, Tools).

Moderator Tasks:
* Keeping threads flowing and on-topic.
* Ensuring that the community remains civilised, polite and open-minded.
* Preventing unscrupulous vendors from preying on the community, especially on new members.
* Restoring peace when there is squabbling in the community, without exacerbating the situation.
* Offering guidance to members regarding the ethos, functions and layout of the site and to help them make use of the site’s many features.
* Issuing warnings and infractions to members who transgress Site Guidelines.
* General housekeeping of threads.

Nika

This sounds good.

I think T2W should now Can the 'Advisor' role, now that we have Forum moderators with a real remit.

Advisors serve no useful purpose from what i can see.

Many thanks to these guys (unpaid volunteers) doing an important role that benefits all users.

Welcome to the new uber-mods and the unter-mods.
I trust all these appointments have met with the advance approval of TheBramble?

Seriously, good luck guys and I wish you an easy life and you enjoy cleaning the place up :)
Richard

Yes, congrats to the new guys. :clap:
T2W have picked a good bunch of highly respected players for this, and I am sure they will do very well.

thanks for the comments guys, although i dont envisige having much to do part from delete vendor threads, you guys are always so well behaved.;)

Thanks for kind words, although I see Nika had to delete some 'artistic' ones....!

Time to sharpen the implements and tools.....!

And as Elefteros said, chaps are always well behaved so don't foresee any great problems....

Yes, welcome chaps!
Nika - it appears that the new mod' badges don't appear quite as one might hope that they would appear - if you see what I mean!
Now, can I suggest a comp' for the three of you to have along the lines of: 'which mod' can delete the most threads and most posts in any 24 hour period'?
. . .And make it a rolling comp'!
:LOL:

Yes, welcome chaps!
Nika - it appears that the new mod' badges don't appear quite as one might hope that they would appear - if you see what I mean!
Now, can I suggest a comp' for the three of you to have along the lines of: 'which mod' can delete the most threads and most posts in any 24 hour period'?
. . .And make it a rolling comp'!

dont think i'd win that one. been from southern Europe i'me very liberal;)

Awww go on then elefteros, here's a post for you to delete :D

Last edited by a moderator:

dont have my priviliges 'turned on' yet so i cant help you there Dave.

The moderation permissions are forum specific and as such deletion of posts from this thread would not be an option.

Paul