Changes to the Forums

Sharky

Staff
In our ongoing effort to make the forums as easy to browse as possible, we're making a number of changes to the list of forums.

Work on the changes will commence tomorrow morning, Weds April 13th, at around 9:30am BST.

Although access to the website will not be affected, the changes needed will require the creation of some new forums and moving large number of threads from one forum to another. Hence, you might initially be a little disorientated, or wonder why a forum has no threads in it - most probably because we haven't moved them across yet.

As the site continues to grow, and there are more and more threads in the forums members become increasingly reliant on the search function to find what they are looking for. By reorganising the forums we hope to make browsing them a more worthwhile experience.

This is only the first phase of the reorganisation. We will take into account the feedback we get from you - as to what changes to make, in the second phase, later this year.

Highlights of the Changes, include:
  • New category called "Trading for a Living" which will contain a number of forums, such as "Trading Arcades", "Trading for a Firm", "Taxation and Accounting" and more.
  • Splitting a number of forums into more specific topics, including "Indicies", "Commodities","Trading Resources", Techie's Corner" etc.
  • The Lounge has proved extremely popular for off-topic chat, and that's why we're making it a new group with forums for those wishing to discuss "News & Current Affairs", "Sports" etc.

Hi Sharky.

Any chance of bringing back the 'view last post' button on the boards?

I kinda miss that.

No, in a thread. At the start, where it now says page 1 of etc. Wasn't there a tab that said 'view last post'

Or am I getting mixed up with another site?

Can't remember now whether we used to have that or not, but def. sounds like a good idea.

Yep, we definately used to have that. I have to say, I hadn't noticed it dissapear (although it obviously has) :eek:

All the new forums/sub-forums have been created, and the existing forums reorganised into the categories. We've also moved large numbers of threads into their new homes, although it will probably take a couple more days to finish the job. We're also making efforts on an ongoing basis to move threads posted in the incorrect forums into the right ones.

Thanks to the mods for their help today. We hope you like the changes which we hope will make it easier to browse the large numbers of threads in the forums.

lounge topics now appearing on the front page?? new policy?

i didnt even know they were going to make amphetamines illegal.

oh, hang on.

Actually they shouldn't be appearing - and I was just in the middle of removing them.. honest! :D

We've made a few extra minor changes to the forum layout, FYI these are:-

1. Moved "Classifieds" forum to "The Community" category and renamed to "T2W Classifieds"
2. Changed "Interest Rates & Bonds" forum, to "Money Markets"
3. Created a new "Derivatives" forum, and moved "Futures", "Options" and "Warrants" (changed from Covered Warrants) into it.
4. Renamed "The Instruments" category to "The Markets"