New Look T2W

Sorry - I don't like it

T2W used to be a daily 'must visit' site, mainly for the Dow Jones and FTSE competitions which I found great fun. I am not into FX so the new competition is of no interest.

Sorry, but I won't be visiting this site very often from now on.

Thanks for the recent praise - it's much appreciated. We'll certainly give the width of the forums some more thought. DavidB regarding the competitions, I'm sorry you feel that their demise leaves you with little reason to visit the site. Those competitions had been running several years and it was felt we needed something new to replace them, something that would have a global appeal and crucially would be in real-time. Supporting just one competition is a lot easier than 3 and the old ones were causing us a lot of support issues. We hope to greatily enhance the existing competition to make it an integral part of the new website. I hope you'll take another look at it.

Well; To be brutal. The loss of David B's visits to the site wil be of no lasting damage whatsoever to the main members and contributors to T2W.

It seems he only came for the comps.

And why not they were free after all, and in their later stages became very attractive regarding the prizes...

...which is why there should be a minimum requirement of at least 50 posts to the board for people to take part in the competition.

All the other competitions around, however spasmodic in frequency have a 'requirement' of minimum specification.

This also means that the comp 'stays' with the people of the site and should aim towards the intention of improving posted content and the general aim of T2W.

Over 70,000 thousand members and still only a handful of people post anything of relevence.

I agree wholehearedly that we need to find ways of encouraging participation of the community. After all, members who only posts on the boards to complain about the loss of the competitions having contributed little or nothing in the forums aren't going to be seen as particularly much of a loss by the active membership.

Now that the relaunch is out of the way, it clears the decks for us to concentrate more on making the forums more inclusive and ultimately more insightful and valuable. Over the coming weeks we'll be actively doing this, starting with a restructuring of the forum staff and some structural changes to the forums.

is it just me, but when I use the "Quick Links" option, the ddrop-down sometimes appears "behind" the advert, making it impossible to select the "Todays Post" option, which I use to view latest threads?

I am using Firefox. (seems to happen most on the Deal-Book ad (from GFT, I think))

I agree wholehearedly that we need to find ways of encouraging participation of the community. After all, members who only posts on the boards to complain about the loss of the competitions having contributed little or nothing in the forums aren't going to be seen as particularly much of a loss by the active membership.

Now that the relaunch is out of the way, it clears the decks for us to concentrate more on making the forums more inclusive and ultimately more insightful and valuable. Over the coming weeks we'll be actively doing this, starting with a restructuring of the forum staff and some structural changes to the forums.

The forums are the lifeblood of the site, but you do need the readers aswell as the active posters. Making the site hard to read is not a positive contribution to it's success. I seriously hope that you reconsider the fonts and colours.

I have overridden the site's fonts and colours on my browser in order to be able to continue to use the site.

regards
Tim

I like it, much better.
Still too many categories Vs posters in categories maybe, but so much better than it was.

And-dare i say it, right now at least-its actually F-A-S-T.:p

May have to come here more often, particularly with the brown site seemingly jamming up more frequently than usual.

Great job!:)

Thanks acronym, always good to get positive feedback. I think it would be really useful now that people have got used to the new look 'n feel, to have a review of what's good and bad about the new design. In particular, I'm interested to know how we can make better use of the homepage of T2W (for example, do members find the featured discussion useful?), and also whether any members use the threaded/hybrid display view of the threads, or even know what I'm referring to.

Thanks acronym, always good to get positive feedback. I think it would be really useful now that people have got used to the new look 'n feel, to have a review of what's good and bad about the new design. In particular, I'm interested to know how we can make better use of the homepage of T2W (for example, do members find the featured discussion useful?), and also whether any members use the threaded/hybrid display view of the threads, or even know what I'm referring to.

Paul,

For me the aesthetics are somewhat improved, but the main improvement is in site stability / page loading times. In terms of the homepage, I bookmark straight to the 'view new posts' section so rarely look at it. And threaded/hybrid display views? Eh? This luddite has no idea what you're talking about...

Seperately, some of the modding recently has been a touch heavy-handed, IMO, but otherwise the site is the only investing/trading forum I visit so you're obviously doing something right, if only in my opinion!

Paul,

For me the aesthetics are somewhat improved, but the main improvement is in site stability / page loading times. In terms of the homepage, I bookmark straight to the 'view new posts' section so rarely look at it. And threaded/hybrid display views? Eh? This luddite has no idea what you're talking about...

Seperately, some of the modding recently has been a touch heavy-handed, IMO, but otherwise the site is the only investing/trading forum I visit so you're obviously doing something right, if only in my opinion!

I echo Jack's comments re the functions of the site. It's the speed that matters and I only really "view new posts" .

My only difference is moderation - I personally don't have an issue here. Delete all my posts - I don't care. One day they'll be worth a fortune:LOL: . That said, if it bothers others and we loose the likes of Bramble, it's a worse place for it in my opinion. I'm not easily offended (in fact I think we should fight back and promote political incorrectness;) ) and would prefer the abosulute minimum of moderation.

UTB

PS - It's with great sadness that I notice DaveB didn't add to his single post.