Message For Ftse Traders......

I had to take a phone call so I missed that level.. for fecks sake, I am just hoping it gets up there again! should've amended my tkt to a limit, but the phone call was urgent..damn

sold @ 4480.. could have been oh so different !! made a profit of £32.00 on that trade, and £30 on a FTSE trade this morning. Thats me done now. No losses/stopped out, all week. I'll spend the weekend learning more about TA. Have a good one!

Thats great well done, I am still new to this and seeing through these roller coaster trades I am sure is good for controlling your emotions, I have got a handle on cutting losses and am still working hard on riding profits!.

No, I don't think that I said that. I see no reason why you should not use Rolling Cash and Daily Future, though, working in different directions although I haven't done it, myself. Might need to be quick thinking!

No, I don't think that I said that. I see no reason why you should not use Rolling Cash and Daily Future, though, working in different directions although I haven't done it, myself. Might need to be quick thinking!

Jeez, I really thought it was you and Finspreads - ok no probs. Want to find that functionality somewhere.

Why don't you ask them? I'm fairly simple in my trading procedure. Perhaps, it's possible.

I was just re-reading some old posts on this board - there used to be so much love and banter flying around. (sigh)

How are you doing today Split?

Ok, but nothing special. Most of it went down on the open. I don't get in that early, normally. What about you?

I lost on one pullback, at 0910, that went higher than I thought and I closed at a loss so a slight net gain overall.

Ok, but nothing special. Most of it went down on the open. I don't get in that early, normally. What about you?

I lost on one pullback, at 0910, that went higher than I thought and I closed at a loss so a slight net gain overall.

I was prepared for a sharp sell off after a bit of homework, at least to gap fill the close @ 4460 area, and then computer froze up right on the open.

I got upset, started chasing as usual, then had a walk outside to calm down.

So down on the day much more than I needed to be, standard.

Waiting for another opportunity here and squeezing my stress ball.

PS. that pullback, don't know if you use/believe in/care about fibs - I only look at 50% on fibs and only in sharp sell offs or hard fast moves where the market needs a level to hang its coat on.

The low of 4419 @ 08.50 and the high of the open made a retracement of 50% exactly back to 4451 where the pullback ended. When the pullback reached that point and started going down again I opened up a short to re enter, made some points but still down overall.

It's pretty much done it again now - I am short at 4434

I was prepared for a sharp sell off after a bit of homework, at least to gap fill the close @ 4460 area, and then computer froze up right on the open.

I got upset, started chasing as usual, then had a walk outside to calm down.

So down on the day much more than I needed to be, standard.

Waiting for another opportunity here and squeezing my stress ball.

PS. that pullback, don't know if you use/believe in/care about fibs - I only look at 50% on fibs and only in sharp sell offs or hard fast moves where the market needs a level to hang its coat on.

The low of 4419 @ 08.50 and the high of the open made a retracement of 50% exactly back to 4451 where the pullback ended. When the pullback reached that point and started going down again I opened up a short to re enter, made some points but still down overall.

It's pretty much done it again now - I am short at 4434

Closed @ +5, I've lost all confidence now, can't hold on to anything.

It's heading to S1 pivot as I thought, would be a good re entry for a long for you Split?

Long @ 4423

Out for +6...

Nerves are killing me as usual, calling it right but if I can't hold and make multiples of my spread the R/R is going to kill me on all these multiple trades.

Cup of tea then back - did you get your entry Split?

Afternoon guys,
I had a pretty bad last week, Got p***d off with the market. Had a fight with wife!! blamed her for my loss!
So i did not bother to get up early today. Guess what? I expected the market to go down and it did..... I was sleeping.
Welcome to the world of trading.

Have you ever done something like this?

Afternoon guys,
I had a pretty bad last week, Got p***d off with the market. Had a fight with wife!! blamed her for my loss!
So i did not bother to get up early today. Guess what? I expected the market to go down and it did..... I was sleeping.
Welcome to the world of trading.

Have you ever done something like this?

I argued with my girlfriend and to make it up proposed to her, so give me another year and I'll be blaming my wife I guess!!

Seriously though, yes, I have done that, many many times. I'm now becoming slightly (slightly, I said!) desensitised to it. The longer you are at this I'm beginning to realise the more you get to grips with the basic fact that there is always tomorrow, there is always going to be another opportunity to profit.

Sounds like an empty platitude and hard to accept when you are here in this moment and fixated on what might have been, but its actually quite a deep truth.

Question is, when it comes around will you be in bed or ready for it, or - like me this morning - have your computer frozen up because you let it overheat overnight?

Oh and by the way, its your fault and only yours if you messed up, gotta take responsibility and all that...

Oh and by the way, its your fault and only yours if you messed up, gotta take responsibility and all that...

... Well thats argueable. He was in a trade, with a stop loss and an exit signal came and we went to his broker platform to shut it down.

Suddenly, big bird appeared and smashed the window climbed in and punched him in the face...Still he managed to close the trade. Only to find the evil big bird had cut the wires.

We phoned his broker and closed the trade at a profit. Later that day we saw his account was down... Big Bird was @ it again, he'd hacked into the brokerage firm IB and opened positions in his name.

Suddenly big bird appeared again and punched him in the face, smashed his head against the wall - Right then, the trader died with a loss that day.

SUppose hes responsible for not anticipating what to do if Big Bird hacks into the broker and makes trades on his behalf. Maybe he couldn't do anything and thats just part of the risk you take as a trader and therefore again its his responsability.

We've been on a long journey - sO TO conclude.

Its always the traders responsability.