Message For Ftse Traders......

Why would you require DMA, when other spreadbetting firm provide better value in terms of margin requirements and spreads that are very tight.

Hey mate,Reason I want to trade DMA is because the market makers (GFT) are full of **** and dodge your trades if you are a profitable trader.Trust me...

Thanks Glen,do you use IB and how have you found them, any info would be great ta mate.

Used them happily for years. Ftse futs typically 1 point spread and £1.70 a side.
Fast execution. Platform can be used in simple or complex ways and is always evolving.
Data feed (API) can be used to drive other trading interfaces including simple ones like Excel.
Evidence suggests that most people on here who are using DMA are using IB.
Joining up takes a while, so be patient if you go for it.
They reply to general queries in this thread www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/18316-interactive-brokers.html

Glenn

Thanks Glen,do you use IB and how have you found them, any info would be great ta mate.

If you go with IB make sure that you understand the implications of contract size. I have an IB account which I haven't used for many years. I started to lose amounts that worried me, so I went back to SB, where I am happier trading with amounts that I am prepared to lose. Now that I have trading under control, the fact that I have an IB account that I could use doesn't interest me any more. I stay where I am, provided they treat me fairly. Such is human nature!

Once you understand that, then IB is a good dealer and the platform great. As always. the fault generally lies with the trader and the size of his pocket.

I just need to find a good broker that I can use to scalp the hell out of the FTSE,that are not going to keep me in trades that I have tried 3 times to exit and reqoute my every trade even on the slowest movements.I would prefer to go through a company that is in Australia.Doing as much research as I can to find the right broker,I appreciate everyones time thankyou.

another thing that i would like to explain guys..........

my pivot points on CMC are in stark contrast to IG index........I think this is because IG is a spreadbetting company and operates 24 hours a day, it may be because it doesn't have gaps in the markets which is pretty annoying.

Even though IG index charting software is attractive i still prefer my CMC because it provides better trading results............

my Pivot points on FTSE on CMC are

S2 3924
S1 3857
P 3804
R1 3737
R2 3684

Hi Wallstreet,
How will I get accurate future index pivot point calculation in IG index since they trade 24hrs. I will be grateful if you could help me on this;

Hi Wallstreet,
How will I get accurate future index pivot point calculation in IG index since they trade 24hrs. I will be grateful if you could help me on this;

This is a problem with pivots. Many brokers and data companies use different figures.

If you need them why not work your own one out and stay with it? I can assure you that it will be just as good.

I have generally used live charts:

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivot_points/pivot_points.php?symbol=^FTSE

Seems to do the trick

Hi Wallstreet,

you can calculate on

1. 24 hr charts ........

2. market hours = 8.00 am - 4.30 pm ....in order to get market hours on ig index ..go to :
options
set time zone and trading hours
indices UK on left hand side
right hand side under trading hours - adjust the time to 8.00 - 16.30

and then your pivots will change based on time

Hello I trade the FTSE,

Drop 0.15% in 7 Mins go in
Drop 0.2% in 20 Mins go ily
Drop 0.4 in 90 Mins go in.

Obvoiusly use indercators, but general drift is to look for large movements.