Message For Ftse Traders......

Re-entry @ 4379, 15 point stop

Still see short side bias on opens rejection of S1

Exit @ 4364 for +15

Looking for another re-entry on pullback close to 4370 as poss...hopefully doesn't run away and leave me behind now!

Still think we are heading to pivot @ 4341.5 eventually

Exit @ 4364 for +15

Looking for another re-entry on pullback close to 4370 as poss...hopefully doesn't run away and leave me behind now!

Still think we are heading to pivot @ 4341.5 eventually

Short again @ 4376, 15 point stop

I'm watching the FTSE today, I drew my S+R at 4357/4384 and it seems to be moving sideways in that channel, haven't made any entries yet, waiting for it to break out. I'm pretty new to this game, is that a fair assessment?

I'm watching the FTSE today, I drew my S+R at 4357/4384 and it seems to be moving sideways in that channel, haven't made any entries yet, waiting for it to break out. I'm pretty new to this game, is that a fair assessment?

I'm trying something new today, hence all the posts - to see if anyone can comment on what I'm doing as I'm new myself.

I have 4356 and 4379 in there yes, this morning I'm paying most attention to the S1 @ 4389.2 and a set up for shorts on its rejection as per posts .

Waiting for confirmation of a breakout either sides of your S/R for direction is a good call. For me a breakout at the other side of S1 and having my short stopped out will mean I'll take a long bias.

Last edited:
Was just about to ask if you'd been stopped out, you still must be up on the day though so keep your chin up, that's more than I've achieved! There seems to be a nice little comfort zone established between 4378 and 4385 and nothing can make it shift from there. Hopefully when the US markets open it will give things a kick up the a$$. I might go and read a book!

Was just about to ask if you'd been stopped out, you still must be up on the day though so keep your chin up, that's more than I've achieved! There seems to be a nice little comfort zone established between 4378 and 4385 and nothing can make it shift from there. Hopefully when the US markets open it will give things a kick up the a$$. I might go and read a book!

+12 up from the open - lots learned from this live trade, its something new I'm trying as I said.

I'm taking that level now as support, long now @ 4393, 10 point stop

Last edited:

I won't be here for US open, I don't like it. I want to see us move past 200MA and 4400 to feel comfortable in this long, but with the R1 within my stop and the trend with me it feels good.

I won't be here for US open, I don't like it. I want to see us move past 200MA and 4400 to feel comfortable in this long, but with the R1 within my stop and the trend with me it feels good.

Stopped out, sheesh. Finished for now after two losing trades, day @ +2

Just managed to get stopped out for -12 through a rookie mistake, saw a pinbar forming on the 5m and 15m, just at my resistance, and snapped it up, of course I forgot the little detail that I'm meant to wait for the next bar as confirmation. C'est la vie.

Just managed to get stopped out for -12 through a rookie mistake, saw a pinbar forming on the 5m and 15m, just at my resistance, and snapped it up, of course I forgot the little detail that I'm meant to wait for the next bar as confirmation. C'est la vie.

There are a lot of pinbars around. Were you going against the main trend?

Lapalabra ticked me off the other day for doing that and I'm supposed to be experienced. No mistakes, today, today, though. :)

Split

There are a lot of pinbars around. Were you going against the main trend?

Lapalabra ticked me off the other day for doing that and I'm supposed to be experienced. No mistakes, today, today, though. :)

Split
I was trying to catch a falling knife! Funny isn't it, no matter how much you know not to do something you still do it.

That's what I was trying to do! You have to go with probabilities. There's another one, now, that I am going to close on. My experience is that whipsaws start to happen from now, until the Dow opens.