Independent Review of WallStreet1928

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tuppence (not an averaged tuppence, nor 1/3 or 2/3 of a tuppence, nay even a spread 'twixt tuppence and sixpence, but a whole, at-the-market tuppence) on this debate for anyone who cares to read:

I believe WS is genuinely trying to help people with reading and understanding the markets and some (most?) of his inter-market analysis is insightful, accurate and useful. It, I'm sure, can be used to trade successfully. He doesn't appear to have ulterior motives when compared to others both on and off of this forum that sell 'services' of one description or another; he seems willing to share his time freely and without commitment. I am not, nor have I been, a subscriber to his service but get the sense, through PMs with him in the past, that it could be a useful learning tool - after all, I've probably spent more than 6 months worth of subscriptions on trading books over the years.

That said, and from my perspective this is the crux of the debate, WS does seem to 'dodge' a number of questions that require binary answers. Talking as someone who works for an IB, and notwithstanding the fact that most IB traders are a bunch of egotistical tw*ts, I would expect that when a question is asked a simple answer is given rather than referring to previous answers, questioning the understanding of the questioner, and so on. It is this type of reaction that creates doubt and uncertainty in people's minds.

At the end of the day, everyone is free to make their own decisions (apart from me, the current Mrs. G tells me!) and a £50 punt on the service doesn't seem the worst thing anyone could do in order to see if they can get benefit from it. Arguably, someone could blow their account up as a result but I would venture that if someone needs to subscribe to a service and then blindly follow it they are likely to blow their account anyway, irrespective of who's service they are buying.

So, if WS really wants kudos/recognition/praise (or whichever other non-egotistical word he would prefer) then, in my opinion, he needs to be clear on exactly what he is doing and how he describes it. When I talk to my traders, that is what I get - clear answers to clear questions - and I expect nothing less as confusion leads to losses.

Eschew obfuscation!

Good thread btw; opinions are what make a market.

Thanks for that, its a genuinely useful facility (other than it being provided by CMC). I'm sure that somewhere in his thread, the issue of who he's trading with has been raised and discusssed.

If he has access to fractional pricing why cant he simply say, my broker offers fractional pricing. The real issue isnt about how many lots he closes, the issue is trying to understand how he eventually ends up at a pip count.

It doesnt really matter how he does it, as long as its fully disclosed, and applied consistently to winners and losers. The fact that he simply wont answer such a simple question is the reason that he's under fire.

I gave a hypothetical scenario, 2 lots at +40 and and 1 lot at +60. Rather than simply type a number such as +48, or +140 he waffles on for pages and pages avoiding the question, and redirecting people to a thread almost 2500 pages in length.

He cant really expect to be treated with respect when he plays these types of games.

he has stated before that he trades with IG markets and CMC.

it's a fair question which should be answered imo.

Finally ..........I kept my word and exceeded target

FTSe , euro and nasdaq shorts closed + 70

+ 520 points for the week

I thank my Lord for his endless blessings

last 1/3 ftse, euro and nasdaq closed + 130 points

what an amazing week folks

unbelievable results !

I have promised my students to hit + 700 points each week now until Xmas .......consider it an Xmas gift !!

Go spam your thread if you can't answer basic questions. This is an Independent review and you don't seem to be adding anything constructive by way of helping us understand your creative accounting. You should never have posted here to start.

Go spam your thread if you can't answer basic questions. This is an Independent review and you don't seem to be adding anything constructive by way of helping us understand your creative accounting. You should never have posted here to start.

"I am short eur/usd from 1.3522

Wallstreet1928
12:49 PM (2 hours ago)

upto 1.3532

avg = 1.3527

stop loss = 1.36

tgt = 1.34 region "

"i am short ftse from 5582... euro closed b/e - as always b/e stop when + 10!!

ftse short upto 5592

avg = 5587

stop loss = 5637

tgt = 5500 "

"short nasdaq upto 2343 ,

avg = 2338

stop loss = 2368

tgt = 2318 , 2308 "

Dutch and skak one will confirm these trades and that all entrys were met ???

I am willing to give my mobile number to anyone who is willing to ring me and discuss my trading with me.

I am willing to clarify all issues that you have ?

I have given a comprehensive answer to every question posted ??

PM me and I will give you my mobile number

I am playing football @ 8pm and then going for meal with a client @ 21.30 !!

Thereafter I will be free

I have given a comprehensive answer to every question posted ??

No you have not. You have avoided every single question asked to date (including poor Barjon's who hopefully isnt holding his breath as he'd be dead days ago)

If I ring you and ask how many pips you made if you closed 3 lots at + 40, and 2 lots at +60, will you answer ?

I would require a single numeric answer. No explanations or jutifications necessary, just a simple one word numeric answer.

Hello my friend ........my fingers have had some rest , so here we go !!

I will start by saying that i come from an academic background ..A levels and Economics degree at Manchester. I AM IN NO WAY ATTEMPTING TO PATRONISE YOU !! The concept I am going to explain is common sense, please dont take this a bad way but I think a lot of people on trade2win do not have any formal qualifications. A lot of traders on trade2win sound like punters turned traders who think they are betting on a horse...hence some very immature/childish remarks. I am 29 yrs old and I honestly feel like a grandfather on here at times due to childish comments I hear that lack any form of logic.

OK let me start by explaining the concept of market tops and bottoms because i honestly dont understand your level of intelligence. I have to assume you are beginners, because the questions you are putting forward would only come from a novice. The experienced traders on here understand where I am coming from and have sent numerous messages of appreciation.

The best trader in the world cant catch a top/bottom in a market but what he can do is spread his entry positions in order to get a good average. This is what Nicholas Santiago/Gareth Soloway do at Inthemoneystocks.com, this is something they have taught me to do.

The chart explains the concept of averaging into a position, thereby increases your chances of an optimal entry. So for example if you trade at £10 a point , rather than enter full £10 @ 5510 , I would enter £2 a time @ 5510 , 5505, 5500 ,5506, 5514 = avg 5507 = optimal entry given the volatility in the market place.

I did A - Level mathematics at college, and trust me when you do stats 1, 2,3 and mechnanics 1,2,3......the concept of getting a smooth average is very important.

The chart explains the concept of averaging into a long and short

so lets deal with the different scenarios

Scenario 1 : I am long ftse from 5510 - 5500 ..avg = 5505 , stop loss = 5475 , tgt = 5535 , 5545, 5555

I trade 4/5 contracts on average

I go long from 5510 and average in upto 5500 as price goes to 5499 ..I managed to average all 5 contracts. i start with 2 contracts and then go long 1 contract a time anywhere in that region until i get 5 contracts long

avg = 5505

stop loss always remains stagnant @ 5475

market rally 5520

stop loss now amended to b/e , all risk reduced from trade

market moves to 5540

and i knock off 2/3 for +40 , then last 1/3 left b/e

market moves to 5560 , then last 1/3 closed + 60

I honestly can't believe I am doing this , as it is common sense !! I'm just shocked that I have to explain this .....Traders are supposed to be sharp people

Scenario 2 : I am long ftse from 5510 - 5500 ..avg = 5505 , stop loss = 5475 , tgt = 5535 , 5545, 5555

I go long from 5510 and average in upto 5505 as price only goes to 5504, I have only managed to fill 3 contracts before market moves higher to 5514-5515. I then check my variables and see that market is not moving lower therefore I add the other 2 contracts @ 5514 and 5512

avg = 5510

stop loss always remains stagnant @ 5475

market rally to 5525

stop loss now ameneded to b/e , all risk reduced from trade

market moves to 5535

and i knock off 2/3 for +25 , then last 1/3 left b/e

market moves to 5560 , then last 1/3 closed + 50

Scenario 3 : I am short ftse from 5500 - 5510 ..avg = 5505 , stop loss = 5535 , tgt = 5475, 5465 , 5455

I go short from 5500 and average in upto 5515 as price spiked higher to 5517, I manage to get all 5 fills.

avg = 5512

stop loss always remains stagnant @ 5535

market sells off to 5495 , stop loss now amended to b/e

market sells off to 5482 , knock off 2/3 + 30 , last 1/3 b/e

market rally back upto 5512 = last 1/3 runner closed b/e

Scenario 4 : I am short ftse from 5500 - 5510 ..avg = 5505 , stop loss = 5535 , tgt = 5475, 5465 , 5455

I go short from 5500 and market drops immediately .......i check my variables and they are all showing immense weakness therefore i add my remaining shorts @ 5497 , 95, 94

avg = 5496

stop loss always remains stagnant @ 5535

market sells off to 5480 , stop loss now amended to b/e

market sells off to 5470 , knock off 2/3 + 26 , last 1/3 b/e

market sells off further to 5450 , last 1/3 closed + 46

and that is how I trade folks...I have explained all the scenarios to you !!

A classic example was today on FTSE ....live trade called in the morning on this thread ... long ftse from 5510 - 5500

I got in @ 5510 , 5505, 5501, 5496 , 5490

avg = 5502

stop loss remains stagnant @ 5465

market rally to 5535 , closed + 32

The whole concept here is that I identify a zone ......one can enter anywhere in that zone , but if one can get a smooth average in that zone it is better as it gives you an optimal entry. The choice is yours as a student ?

I am not here to hold your hand or tell you what level to buy exactly to the pip ??
That is what a signal service does ??? I am not a signal service , I am alive analysis service. I am telling you what I am doing on my trading account and where I am entering.

80% of time I am able to enter calmly and catch any false spikes and get a very good average.

This wide 10 point window entry then allows me to account for different broker spreads , volatility , time delays etc etc. So its a double benefit for me due to optimal entry and for students as they are able to get into trade if they wish.

I hope that clarifies my trading style.......this style is based on a high level of accuracy , my accuracy = > 90% so I am fine to trade it.

My service is called "Live Analysis service" . not signal service. I send out my entry area, with stop loss and exit in real time. I then explain in advance which way i expect the market to move based on intermarket analysis and fundamental news flow, this allows the student to learn in a practical way. I then send TA and FA arguments via email explaining why the market is expected to move higher/lower ...........

The markets hits my target ............I send out text to say i have taken profit and students can do whatever they want with that information. If they choose to follow, they do so at there own risk.

My job is to explain why the market is moving in real time .......I highlight all the variables they need to observe and learn in order to trade independently.

I empower my students by showing them how i do it in real time ???

My neck is on the line on every trade , every day , every week ???

I lead by example and then they follow and learn like a car driving lesson ??

Now tell me if i am ripping people off by charging them a small fee which is peanuts given the cost of learning/courses in this industry that go up to the thousands !!

For just £50 a month for a few months i can certainly make them an accomplished successful trader with a firm grounding of the stockmarket ???

incorrect once again my friend

I have answered barjons question comprehensively , it took me over an hour to type that out whilst watching test cricket Aus V New zealand @ 3am ??

Barjon can you confirm that the answer above is sufficient for you ?

....Barjon can you confirm that the answer above is sufficient for you.... ?

Since you ask - no I can't. It makes no sense to me at all.

Take your scenario 1.

You have 5 separate 1 contract trades bundled into a single 5 contract trade with an average price of 5505.

You say price moves to 5540 where you exit 2/3 for + 40.

+40 where does that come from? Price has moved + 35 from your average price so if you are going to work from your average rather than adding up what happened to 3 separate contracts plus 1/3 of another one (if you can trade that one fractionally) entered at different prices then the point return sum is:

(5540 - 5505) x (5x2/3) = 116.66

Price then goes to 5560 +55 from average price. (you 1/3 for + 60?). The point return sum is:

(5560 - 5505) x (5x1/3) = 91.66

This makes a total point return of 208.32 which looks very nice compared to your 100 but the sting in the tail is that if it was an unsuccessful trade your stop-loss of -30 would have been a total loss of -150. That gives you a 1.39 R:R on this successful scenario 1 trade.

'Course my simple maths might be well up the spout and I apologise in advance if it is.:)

The fact that you cant and wont confirm that he's fully answered your questions to your satisfaction is completely irrelevant. :LOL:

He'll simply continue to claim that he has your 100% agreement on this issue. Any detractors will be told that the sites moderators fully understand the basis on which he calculates profits.

You have now been succesfully assimilated into his marketing campaign, and your involvement used as a testimonial. :LOL: Same tactics as Mr Spreadbetting used (there's probably an e-bool out there that teaches em this stuff)

It doesnt really matter how many times you dispute this, you can write it in flashing red letters a foot high on the front page of the site, but he'll still cite you as a testimonial, and he'll provide a completely poloriszed version of events. Thats his job, and he can devote all the time in the world to marketing himself, whereas you cant devote a fraction of the time to refuting the lies.

Its t2w lulz at its finest, and I congratulate WS1928 for exploiting the opportunity.

Banning him wont work, he'd be back within minutes, and back in business. T2W is a monster that can no longer be controlled. They do say the benefit of banging your head against a brick wall is the relief you feel when you eventually stop doing it :LOL: hopefully you'll feel similar when you hang up your moderating hat.

what a fiasco

It has been absolutely beautiful to watch. Certainly, the very finest T2W lulz.

Some members know how these things are going to end before they they start. How could one not? A vendor who charges £50 a month for his tip sheet and yet claims to be able to regularly make 300 - 500 points or pips per week (or up to a thousand "easily" depending on the instrument) in very liquid markets such as the mini Nasdaq, mini s&p and cable. Yet very few stop to consider the implications of this.

Frankly, I've been surprised at some of the members who appear at least to have been taking this farce seriously. It has made me wonder about them and their motives. Of course, I haven't been surprised by the number of new posters, registered years ago, who have supported this nonsense. Another thing that might make people think, but apparently not.

The vendor in question has quickly been reduced to all the obvious evasions that all should have been (but few apparently were) expecting.

If anyone signs up after reading these superb threads, frankly I think they only have themselves to blame.

I don't think this has quite reached the dizzy heights of the Mr Spreadbetting episode, but nonetheless thank you to T2W and all the members involved in this fiasco, it has been the most entertaining thing on here for a long time.

If you ignore the claims about the number of pips acheived as it's not relvant as far as I'm concerned - measuring pips is a bit like using a ruler to measure temperature IMO; you know you need to measure something but not quite sure how - and look to the analysis that WS is posting then I can actually see some value in that at £50 a month.

Not sure why you're describing it as a fiasco though.....

Last edited:
I don't think this has quite reached the dizzy heights of the Mr Spreadbetting episode, but nonetheless thank you to T2W and all the members involved in this fiasco, it has been the most entertaining thing on here for a long time.

In recent weeks I've found that reading T2W left me in a state of mild depression rather than the usual tears of laughter. It was with considerable sadness I lamented the loss of what was once a rich vein of comedy gold.

I have to say I may have misjudged the situation, there's definately life in the old dog yet. Mr Spreadbetting did indeed provide entertainment, surpassed perhaps only by the Wasp debacle, but lets not forget, this thread is not over till the fat lady sings.

hahaha..you people still posting on here on a friday night ...no wonder you suffer from depression!!

get out and go enjoy yourselves, enjoy your pips and relax.

There is no need to get all worked up .........

WAX ON , WAX OFF

I'm off to play 11 a side football .......good game against the lads from Bolton tonight. I play as a central defender

need to keep a clean sheet tonight at the back

Take your scenario 1.

You have 5 separate 1 contract trades bundled into a single 5 contract trade with an average price of 5505.

You say price moves to 5540 where you exit 2/3 for + 40.

+40 where does that come from? Price has moved + 35 from your average price so if you are going to work from your average rather than adding up what happened to 3 separate contracts plus 1/3 of another one (if you can trade that one fractionally) entered at different prices then the point return sum is:

(5540 - 5505) x (5x2/3) = 116.66

Price then goes to 5560 +55 from average price. (you 1/3 for + 60?). The point return sum is:

(5560 - 5505) x (5x1/3) = 91.66

This makes a total point return of 208.32 which looks very nice compared to your 100 but the sting in the tail is that if it was an unsuccessful trade your stop-loss of -30 would have been a total loss of -150. That gives you a 1.39 R:R on this successful scenario 1 trade.

'Course my simple maths might be well up the spout and I apologise in advance if it is.:)

Mr Barjon, now you understand why i said ring me? I will have to spend another 1hr now to type an answer, when it could have taken me 5 mins on a phone call ??

I kindly request you to ring me today and I will clarify.

I offer the same to everyone who has a concern, please PM me and I will give you my mobile number or i can ring yo if you want to clarify any concerns you have ?

yes you are correct + 35 , please do excuse the accounting error as I did reply @ 3am whilst watching Test cricket....the human brain is not at its optimal level then!! But who cares + 35 + 40 its still in profit my friend !!

CMC market and IG index both allow you to enter and average in ........but surely everyone should know that ?? Again common sense.
CFD trading allows you to enter in increments ............please ring the broker to confirm because whatever I say falls on evil ears that dont want to accept the truth because they have an unjustified vendetta against me ?? Any independent open minded honest person can see the haters very clearly ............

My friend dont get frustrated with last 1/3 , because i never include the last 1/3 in my trading results. Shakone has not included it and nor has dutch ...they along with me have only included the 1st target in my trading results

The last 1/3 is like a runner that I leave @ b/e in order to maximise the profit from the trade .........this is what my teacher Nicholas Santiago @ Stock Market Education | Day Trading & Stock Market Chat Rooms | Learn The Stock Market has taught me !!

Again this is all text book trading stuff.......common sense !!

again you focus on my accuracy level ..............like i have said repeatedly i bat at 90% , hence why my strategy is successful.

ask shakone and dutch ...i have traded @ 100% accuracy since wednesday ???

I have traded for 4 weeks in a row without a stop loss being hit ............my students will testify to that !!

Trading is like a game of chess

pawns = my haters , which is why they always get taken out first ???

Boxing - A Game of Kings & Pawns - YouTube

I do wish you'd stop this, ws. It is you who continually boast about a huge number points gained, not your "haters" who have merely questioned how you arrive at your figures without, so far, a satisfactory response from you.

In your scenario 1 example that we discussed you claimed +40 and +60 (which you now accept show have read +35 and +55) and a total of +100 (+90) for a move that at its maximum was only a 55 point move. Surely you can see that this is a dishonest egging of the pudding.

You go on to say But who cares + 35 + 40 its still in profit my friend ! . Of course it matters if you are continually going to crow about the vast number of points you have accumulated.

jon

So what was the end of week result? I mean the proper result, not the one WS claims. The last running total I saw was -3 but there were a couple of winners since then I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.