Independent Review of WallStreet1928

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a hypothetical scenario. You enter a trade with 3 lots

You close two lots at + 40.
You close the remaining lot at + 60

How many pips would you report that as on your website. Its a very simple question. And no I wont read your live calls thread :LOL:

God is testing my patience .....for the 100th time, please stop asking questions that have already been addressed ?

your scenario would never occur because i always enter 5 contracts, even if for example the market moves higher and never touches 5500 ..i enter at higher price @ 5512 and 5514 ...please see scenario 2 below that explains this !!

my average would be 5502 , 5508, 5506, 5501 ...depending on the market volatility etc etc !!

your question lacks any thought process?

the market rallys to 5540 , 5550 etc etc

I only report the results from my 1st exit hence + 33 points yesterday

them market rally higher and I closed last 1/3 for + 40

I don't follow..... you wrote:

So how does your example correlate to your trade yesterday when you said you made +33 and you're talking about 2/3 +40 and 1/3 + 60? :confused:

again your misunderstanding ???

FTSe was closed 2/3 @ + 33 , last 1/3 + 40

nasdaq last 1/3 closed + 20

hence i reported last 1/3 ftse + nasdaq = + 60 !! ?????

do you understand ?????????

Lord have mercy

again your misunderstanding ???

FTSe was closed 2/3 @ + 33 , last 1/3 + 40

nasdaq last 1/3 closed + 20

hence i reported last 1/3 ftse + nasdaq = + 60 !! ?????

do you understand ?????????

Lord have mercy

No, I actually don't understand. Fortunately there are other people with a superior intellect compared to my miniscule cognitive powers around asking the same questions who might be able to derive an answer and illustrate it in the form of a few numbers for simpletons such as myself.

I am a patient man, but this is beyond patience

When beddhist gets angry you know there is something wrong like the clip in anger management !! hahaha

No, I actually don't understand. Fortunately there are other people with a superior intellect compared to my miniscule cognitive powers around asking the same questions who might be able to derive an answer and illustrate it in the form of a few numbers for simpletons such as myself.

my friend ...I give up with you !!

I pray that god raises your intellect

It is friday prayers today so I am off ...take care everyone !!

Originally Posted by wallstreet1928

your scenario would never occur because i always enter 5 contracts,

and I closed last 1/3 for + 40

your scenario would never occur because i always enter 5 contracts

Lets assume you open 5 contacts. Presumably you could could close 3 contracts which equates to 60% of your position, or 4 contacts, which equates to 80% of your position, but you cant really close 66.66% unless of course you are trading with a broker who allows you to trade with a totally flexible position size (there are retail brokers who provide this facility for forex markets, but I'm not aware of anyone who provides this for the instruments you trade). However, leaving that obvious discrepency aside.

You enter 5 lots

you close 3 at +40
you close 2 at + 60

how many pips do you consider you made in that situation. Go on, humour me.

Originally Posted by wallstreet1928

your scenario would never occur because i always enter 5 contracts,

and I closed last 1/3 for + 40

gentlemen think for a second .............sit back and think what we are arguing over ?

Do you realise we are arguing over where Wallstreet1928 should take his profit ? hahaha

We are not arguing over stop loss etc etc ...we are arguing over whether I should take + 33 or + 40 or + 60 !!

Life is good when you are arguing over profit

argument won ...argument over !!

Happy weekend to all

gentlemen think for a second .............sit back and think what we are arguing over ?

Do you realise we are arguing over where Wallstreet1928 should take his profit ? hahaha

We are not arguing over stop loss etc etc ...we are arguing over whether I should take + 33 or + 40 or + 60 !!

Life is good when you are arguing over profit

Happy weekend to all

We are trying to point out to you that five cannot be divided by three. Primary school children know that.

I'd probably ask for my tuition fee's back if you really believe its possible to obtain an integer value when dividing 5 by 3

Thats the problem when you dont actually trade, these kind of practical difficulties often come back to trip you up :LOL:

Alternatively, name me one broker who provides a facility to open and close totaly flexible position sizes in the markets that you trade.

I'd probably ask for my tuition fee's back if you really believe its possible to obtain an integer value when dividing 5 by 3

Thats the problem when you dont actually trade, these kind of practical difficulties often come back to trip you up :LOL:

Alternatively, name me one broker who provides a facility to open and close totaly flexible position sizes in the markets that you trade.

Wallstreet,

The game is up, youve been caught out lying. Go and try your luck on babypips, there are a lot more gullible people there.

The game is up, youve been caught out lying. Go and try your luck on babypips, there are a lot more gullible people there.

Perhaps WS1928 has a very accommodating broker who allows him to close partial positions. They are kind enough to provide him fills at levels where the markets didnt actually trade, so I'm sure partially closing a contract wouldnt pose much of a problem.

I really wouldnt advise pulling this stunt at babypips. T2W is a marketers paradise, and they'll tolerate almost anything for lulz, but he might just find things are a litle bit different over there.

Lets assume you open 5 contacts. Presumably you could could close 3 contracts which equates to 60% of your position, or 4 contacts, which equates to 80% of your position, but you cant really close 66.66% unless of course you are trading with a broker who allows you to trade with a totally flexible position size (there are retail brokers who provide this facility for forex markets, but I'm not aware of anyone who provides this for the instruments you trade). However, leaving that obvious discrepency aside.

You enter 5 lots

you close 3 at +40
you close 2 at + 60

how many pips do you consider you made in that situation. Go on, humour me.

I'm going to help him out a little here as I trade CFDs with CMC markets and they do let you do fractional pricing on everything and also you can adjust your leverage from 0 to 99.75%.

So maybe he uses them, as they are the only ones that do it I believe, which is why I use it. Here's the link Fractional CFD trading | CMC Markets

Well it's more fundamental than that. It's whether Wallstreet is actually making 40 pips in a trade rather than 160. It's whether someone can really make 500 pips/week with you when in practise it's making <100 (which could be lost in one or two bad trades.) It's whether your claims are exaggerated by creative accounting.

Do you have skype?

I'm going to help him out a little here as I trade CFDs with CMC markets and they do let you do fractional pricing on everything and also you can adjust your leverage from 0 to 99.75%.

Thanks for that, its a genuinely useful facility (other than it being provided by CMC). I'm sure that somewhere in his thread, the issue of who he's trading with has been raised and discusssed.

If he has access to fractional pricing why cant he simply say, my broker offers fractional pricing. The real issue isnt about how many lots he closes, the issue is trying to understand how he eventually ends up at a pip count.

It doesnt really matter how he does it, as long as its fully disclosed, and applied consistently to winners and losers. The fact that he simply wont answer such a simple question is the reason that he's under fire.

I gave a hypothetical scenario, 2 lots at +40 and and 1 lot at +60. Rather than simply type a number such as +48, or +140 he waffles on for pages and pages avoiding the question, and redirecting people to a thread almost 2500 pages in length.

He cant really expect to be treated with respect when he plays these types of games.

He cant really expect to be treated with respect when he plays these types of games.

I agree. He should probably run for Parliament. He never gives a straight answer to anything. Maybe he likes antagonizing people on here, who knows.

They do say though that even bad publicity can be good publicity. So he's probably got a load of newbies signing up from all the hype on these threads. At £600 a year per person, I imagine he's done alright out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.