grumpy old gits thread

Not me!

I shop at Lidl. :cheesy:

Mrs shops at Waitrose. :(

Ah - Mrs tomorton and I never shop together. We think it might be the secret to a happy marriage.

Mind you, come to think of it, we sometimes have had separate holidays. And we do have separate microwaves, his and hers. And we do have separate fridges........ Hmmm.......

Ah - Mrs tomorton and I never shop together. We think it might be the secret to a happy marriage.

Mind you, come to think of it, we sometimes have had separate holidays. And we do have separate microwaves, his and hers. And we do have separate fridges........ Hmmm.......

Hazard a guess you have a BIG kitchen :)

Separate beds ?

Not at all, in fact sometimes the staff complain its so awfully pokey don't you know?
All I said was that an extra cupboard wouldn't go amiss to accommodate all the 2 for 1 deals you insist I take advantage of when I go to Tesco's!

All I said was that an extra cupboard wouldn't go amiss to accommodate all the 2 for 1 deals you insist I take advantage of when I go to Tesco's!

I'm going to hazard another guess you have an extraordinary BIG bin or unusually LARGE number of bins :cheesy:

All round the world violence from politics and crime seems to be on the rise. I rather blame the politicians and the film industry. Nearly every major film out today has an extraordinary degree of violence. Gloryfying it even.
All the kids try to be street smart and tough.
They used to try and promote the arts, literature and good behaviour.

All round the world violence from politics and crime seems to be on the rise. I rather blame the politicians and the film industry. Nearly every major film out today has an extraordinary degree of violence. Gloryfying it even.
All the kids try to be street smart and tough.
They used to try and promote the arts, literature and good behaviour.

You must have missed the gangster movies of the 30s and 40s, the film noir of the 40s and 50s, the JD and motorcycle gang movies of the 50s and 60s . . .

You must have missed the gangster movies of the 30s and 40s, the film noir of the 40s and 50s, the JD and motorcycle gang movies of the 50s and 60s . . .

How old exactly are you db? :eek: :-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0

I thought Splitlink was our current record holder? :cheesy:

;)

I expect they all added to the mess we are in now. Drip by drip. They should never have gotten rid of the censor. Capitalist money grubbing at it's worst imho
There are no standards left as we spiral down into our own poo.

I expect they all added to the mess we are in now. Drip by drip. They should never have gotten rid of the censor. Capitalist money grubbing at it's worst imho
There are no standards left as we spiral down into our own poo.

Movies are simply a reflection of their society. Warner Bros didn't invent gangsters.

But, yes, we are spiraling down. At last. The Earth will soon get a break.

What would you expect them to do, put stuff on tv that no one wants to watch? What's the point in that?

The lines b/w reality and virtual are blurring ...

what do you guys think of the wave of virtual reality devices we are right on cusp of receiving?

what do you guys think of the wave of virtual reality devices we are right on cusp of receiving?

They'll make drugs obsolete!

Will AI and VR need censoring? :whistling

What would you expect them to do, put stuff on tv that no one wants to watch? What's the point in that?

Yup I think you have scored a bullseye there. It's the fault of the viewers wanting to watch total cr&p day in day out.

Of course, there is also that wacky scientific conspiracy theory that we aren't in fact here at all - we're actually a sophisticated form of virtual reality but because we're part of it we can't realise it. Forgotten where I saw this written up by some clever prof - but nobody's proved it untrue yet :LOL: