The Old Gits Trading Club

Oh, I remember Lee from way back. Well---a few years, anyway. :) He's, probably, got a few grey hairs in his sideboards, by now.

Wasn't he the one who was building up a huge potential loss by increasing his position, while kidding himself that closing part of it for a few points made him profitable? Excellent CV for a top job in banking.

Wasn't he the one who was building up a huge potential loss by increasing his position, while kidding himself that closing part of it for a few points made him profitable? Excellent CV for a top job in banking.

So you remember him, too? :D They were the early days. I'm sure that he has gained more experience by now.

Why not set up a skype room? Think it will have legs esp in this current environment.

Why not set up a skype room? Think it will have legs esp in this current environment.

skype room is probably a better idea.
Although there's probably already a few going now at a guess between various members here.
I used to be in an excellent one with some ES traders from elitetrader. A guy called 'saliva' was quite impressive with his live trades.

Excellent idea nvp,
I see you already have a rec from Lee shepard,He is such an old timer, that the ones who think they are old timers dont even know him.

yeah, I was surprised to see Lee pop up again.
I've always had a lot of time for him

Anymore news about the private club? Any innovative ideas that would attract a select few, then have the rest of them literally begging to get in?

Sorry Gang.........Ive asked Bob Diamond to host it and hes a little busy at the moment ;)

Just an idea that you may like or not

Invite those traders you think are suitable. Don't just advertise an elite group or you'll get noone hardly.

I for one don't want to share all my ideas on a general forum for anybody.

Quality and exclusivity - that is the answer.

and not skype - too revealing !

Another major problem is to get people using similiar methods.

Last edited:
Another major problem is to get people using similiar methods.

That can also be a positive, bit tedious if everyone trading same markets, with similar strategies. Bouncing ideas off people can save an awful lot of time if in a room, just by sharing past experiences with each other. None of it has to be too revealing - sharing of bad experiences can be just as important without giving away your edge (or whatever you like to call it).

A way to do it would be to have some set questions for anyone wanting to join, with a couple of people nominated as administrators responsible for vetting. The q's wld be fairly basic but require enough detail that will enable to filter out the bullsh1tters. Having a balance between experienced and newbie traders is ideal, the newbies have to be keen obv and you can still be a well read, knowledgeable newbie with a strategy which is currently WIP eg being tested on demo or small live acct.

The administrators would just need to be decent fair ppl (maybe too much to ask!), and have the same aim as the occupants ie to be part of a social group which not only provides a sounding board for anything trading related, but also fills in the day where sweet FA is happening and you fancy having a chinwag about the weather et al.