Central London 'club'

woodlands

Hi,

I work in an investment bank, now in structured credit derivatives, and am losing touch with the real world, and with trading being more than an exercise in marking down assets.

I would be interested in finding some like minded people to form a smallish trading 'club' for regular meets (eg weekly in the City) to cover the markets with a view to position trading.

The idea being something like we all follow gold, oil, & FTSE, and each member follows one or two other markets - a commodity, a stock, and/or a currency/(index) - pooling the insight and gaining consensus, with trading via spreadbetting and covered warrants.

I can contribute bank trading software (1 version old) such as the full VantagePoint suite, OmniTrader, etc..., and was thinking each member would contribute a small share towards the purchase of subsciptions to signals services or similar resources.

I'm not particularly interested in an excuse for a pub meet, or a general chat.
I'm looking for people serious enough to be prepared to trade as a group on the consensus opinion... we all agree and we all trade, collectively based on group confidence, or consider the trade not good enough - i.e. if we can all agree than going long on gold at $680 is a sound bet, then we all take the trade, whether at £1 or £100 / pt. You don't not trade, and you don't take it at $710.

My experience tells me that most private traders could both be protected by and flourish in such a set up, and having read some posts here, I think a lot of people need this...
It largely factors out the killer character traits, and the collective trading forces serious teamwork and commitment. There won't be no setting of stops, and trading on 'feel', if the other nine don't agree...

Alternative suggestions welcome.

I can contribute bank trading software (1 version old) such as the full VantagePoint suite, OmniTrader, etc...,

does an IB really use 3rd party software like VantagePoint? :eek:

I would have thought they could afford to model their own algo's that actually work!

They also run their entire balance sheet through MS Access and have lost $40bn in assets & 2/3 of their market cap . If you follow the news, why would you have thought they could do any better?