Trading club in South London

Hi Folks

Next meeting approaches fast-18/10/09. Again, will be held if there are enough interested traders.

1.30pm, Wimbledon

Please indicate on here if you intend coming, that'll help decide wether or not to go ahead with meeting

Happy trading :clap:

Hi,

I am in.
If there are 4-5 people I can book the room in the pub, otherwise we can meet in another place.

Luca

Tremendous. So far, there is 2 of us! Looks like we're not meeting on Sunday. Will see what happens over today and tomorrow.

I'm back from hols now and could come to the meeting tomorrow. I don't have anything significant to share with the meeting because I stopped all trading activity while out of the country. However I have found the meetings useful and would not like them to cease. Please post here if the meeting is going ahead as at the moment it rather looks as if it will be cancelled.

Hi Folks

Meeting tomorrow not happening I'm afraid. Will wait to hear from interested parties before setting up next one

All the best

Thanks for letting us know Deepak. Please keep in touch. All the best with your business and the trading side of things.

Christopher

Is the group dead?

Hi All,
is the club dead ?
Any plan to meet again ?

I have a question: do you use IG Index as a provider? Is it reliable? I am planning to open an account

Ciao,
Luca

I'd be happy to meet again if the club is still going.

As for IGIndex, I use it for shares and for Forex and find it okay. My previous experience has been with CMC markets - which has a very slow platform and I have stopped using them , and with Finspreads which was okay but I don't think Stops can be altered outside market hours for shares. I have heard good reports of Gekko, which is newish I believe, but have no experience of them. They have an offer for new members at the moment.

If you are interested in Forex in particular I recommend a thread on ForexFactory.com which is run by a Yorkshireman living in California called Strat. The thread - Strat's Long Term Stress Free Trading - started last March I think and is now a long one, but Strat runs a Path of Learning which you can register for (it is entirely Free) and gives access to important posts and guidance for using Price Action at Support and Resistance (PASR) as the only reliable trading method. No indicators or fundamentals, just basic chart PA reading. I find it invaluable. Hard work but worth it. No short cuts and no systems, just basic PA reading. You can post possible trades with chart examples and people discuss/criticise them to help you make decent decisions. Just a thought if you want to have a go. it is FREE and hard work but I have learned a lot from it.

Christopher!

Hi Christopher/Deepak,
I just opened the account. I would like to place my first trades and I have just few questions.
Can you send me your personal email account?
My email is [email protected]

Are we planning to meet again?

Ciao,
Luca

Luca, I've emailed you at the hotmail address you gave and you will find my email address on the message.

Christopher

Hi Luca/Chris

My email is below. Club might live on but perhaps with some alterations. Let me know by email below if meet up would help. I really think we need to use the power of goal setting. Speak soon