DESPERATELY looking for GOOD Proprietary Trading Firm in London UK

Gustavo_ZAM

20 0
Thank you for acknowledging my effort. I have found couple of remote prop shop but I am more interested to know what sort of strategy prop shop use .you seems experienced would you mind sharing how did you get chance working with a prop shop ?
I can't speak for all prop firms, but where i work, trader's are required to provide a type of guarantee or bond beforehand, unless trader has a successful proven track record. This is to offset initial software and data costs that are passed through. Our traders' strategies range from scalping, swing trades, market making, pairs trading and so on.

I suggest you first contact the firms you have researched to get a feel for their customer service, professionalism, etc. If you can't get good customer service when inquiring about opening an account, you can only imagine how things will be once you're already on-board and when you have issues or complaints. Once you find a firm that you are comfortable with, start with a small amount. Find out how often are profit disbursements and refund policies. Goes without saying, but look for as much transparency as possible.

stc

10 1
I can't speak for all prop firms, but where i work, trader's are required to provide a type of guarantee or bond beforehand, unless trader has a successful proven track record. This is to offset initial software and data costs that are passed through. Our traders' strategies range from scalping, swing trades, market making, pairs trading and so on.

I suggest you first contact the firms you have researched to get a feel for their customer service, professionalism, etc. If you can't get good customer service when inquiring about opening an account, you can only imagine how things will be once you're already on-board and when you have issues or complaints. Once you find a firm that you are comfortable with, start with a small amount. Find out how often are profit disbursements and refund policies. Goes without saying, but look for as much transparency as possible.

Thanks for sharing your experience .Most of the firms I have researched charges a hefty amount for training then provide a fund with 50% split .As I have mentioned in my main post customer reviews are not satisfactory . They teach the basic which I already know then you just stuck there . Desk fees , commission eats up your 50% profit split .

The firm you are working for have they taught you from scratch ? Are they using any be spoke strategies which aren't available on internet . If so paying a small amount of bond money sounds fair . I haven't found a single firm in UK where I can say firmly that worth paying the tuition or charges .Would you mind suggest me any firm worth looking into ,you can DM me .Thanks

DT

312 38
As I mentioned before, I suspect what you're looking for doesn't exist. I certainly wouldn't look to pay a firm for training, especially if you don't think they have anything to offer.

stc

10 1
As I mentioned before, I suspect what you're looking for doesn't exist. I certainly wouldn't look to pay a firm for training, especially if you don't think they have anything to offer.
It is frustrating , it is hard to find genuine firm now a days

DT

312 38
There are plenty of genuine firms out there, I'm just saying that this notion of turning up, handing over a small sum of money and that leading to a trading career is rather unrealistic.

Parky

229 27
Most of the "Old style" Prop trading companies have fallen by the way side as some of the other guys have stated already. The issue is that the high volume traders have been run over by the Algo's and have found most of their tried and trusted trading strategies no longer work. This has resulted in a large drop of volumes, which has perversely coincided with the increased costs as MIFID 2 and trade/transaction reporting costs have caused many to think again.
Low volume traders are better off on retail platforms such as Interactive.
However prop-shops do still exist, some offering "training" and as previous contributors have noted these should be taken with a large does of salt. Companies will generally not take on people who have been down this route as they generally have picked up bad habits, and the companies concerned will generally take the best on themselves, which means by default if they haven't taken you on why would anyone else?
What you need is a home that offers market access, has a prop division but is also FCA regulated and offers broking and is diverse, and preferably been around a while. If you have your own finance to put up and back yourself, quality market access companies are still out there.

mikeohr

8 0
Hey guys, thanks for all the info.

@DT @Parky

Any recommendations that you can offer in terms of the "genuine" firms in London would be appreciated. I'm not really interested in firms that offer a training program. It would be great to sit with some veterans / former locals.

I am self funded, trading from my office (Eurex mostly) but am interested in networking and checking out opportunities to sit with other traders.

Parky

229 27
There are not many left and as stc says there is no point paying for "training" if the company concerned does not take you on you are finished as the others will say "if they didn't why should we". If you have traded for a living, either as a salaried trader or as a private investor then there are trading rooms in London who will take you on provided you on. For example Tower or Xconnect (who have just moved to new offices in the City)

Darrenliux23

1 0
Hello All ,

Hope you are all doing great .

I am a self taught trader and trading from home part time about a year now side by side with a full time job .My result are mixed , I mainly trade US small cap stocks and some Forex pairs . It has become a passion for me . I am in my mid 30s and realized If I don't go after my passion I will regret in my life .

I have realized If i have to take trading to a further level i have to work around more professional environment / traders . At the moment I feel I am not going anywhere with lack of capital , information , technology , strategies etc.

I have researched at my best about all the firms in London but most of firm charge a lot for training .I have read reviews site like glass-door and many others But unfortunately most of the people have negative experiences .They charge tuition where they only teach basic which can be found free on internet but later they don't offer job or charge high commission , desk fee etc. I don't mind paying the tuition where I can achieve in depth knowledge but I MUST get a guaranteed career with them . But of course my preference will be those firms who doesn't charge . Here is a list of all the Firms I have researched and spoke with them .

1. AUDACITY CAPITAL
  • £ 3000 ( Inc VAT ) – 1 month training
  • training 9-5 – mon to fri – moorgate office
  • desk fee £380 pm
  • $15 k given to trade – 50 % split
  • No Base salary
2. Samuel & Co
  • 2 weeks program £1250
  • Trading capital given £20 k , No base salary
  • Based in watford
  • No guaranty of in house desk
  • Remote Trading after training
3. Amplifying Trading
  • Course fee £ 5760 over 9 weeks
  • Based on future market
  • -Don't have info what sort of contract after training
4. Pyne Trading
  • 8 weeks training £7500
  • Contacted several times but unresponsive .
5. Futex live
  • 8 weeks Training £3000
  • Based on future market
  • Contacted several times but unresponsive .
Firms DON'T charge for training :

1. Met Traders
  • Based ON future market
  • Free 8 weeks training 12 months minimum contract to trade with company
  • No salary
  • Live trading account fee £1000 pm
  • Not very good reviews , trader don't make money for a year
  • trading model volume generator for the company .
2. OSTC
  • Recruiting in 2019 only
  • basic £13k salary for training 3 months
  • bonus , volume generator , based in swansea
3. Mako Trading
  • Based on option market
  • 18 months training Only for the fresh graduate
Professional ( good track record ) Traders Only / No Training for novice or intermediate Traders / Or only training do not offer position in house :

hamiltoncourt Capital - Do not offer prop trading
Jane Street - Graduate only
Tower Trading group - offer prop trading to professional only
DRW - London branch don't recruit trainee / junior trader
chicago trading london * - Do not offer prop trading / courses for trainee
leaguetraders *- Do not offer prop trading
Jump Trading * - No training only experienced trader recruit
Bluefin capital - offer prop trading to professional only
Tradelinks - offer prop trading to professional only
Liquid Capital - offer prop trading to professional only
Ronin Capital - offer prop trading to professional only
Maven - offer prop trading to professional only
GHCO - offer prop trading to professional only
Bluefin - offer prop trading to professional only
Winchmore Capital - offer prop trading to professional only

I WILL DEEPLY APPRECIATE AND BE GRATEFUL IF ANY OF YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIND A GOOD PROPRIETARY FIRM IN LONDON WHERE I CAN PURSUE MY DREAM.
Hi, how is it going pursuing your dreams?
I'd like to know if you've found a good trading firms to work with.
Please let me know, thanks.

Darren

tuscan

91 1
man... ask yourself why someone would give you his money to trade if you didn't make it with your own ? can you even think logically ? there is a clear route if you want to trade in such environment - profitably trading your own money, build a track record, then if you for some reason want to join such place (at a cost!) they will probably let you. you will pay for their office so why would they block you?

trading arcade as a business model doesn't make sense anymore , this field was taken over by automation and big market making firms. in your favor, however, are facts that futures markets are less volatile and the market access is cheaper so you can do it at your flat. you pay like 50$ a month and you have futures market in your own bedroom, $500 and you can day-trade trade $57k worth of crude oil. fuck, you can ebven trade it if you dont have $500. do you believe you have some exceptional math or skills ? or you believe they will teach you something in those firms ? well ... you see yoursefl even there many dont make money!