grumpy old gits thread

Well of course, they do say that if you don't smoke/drink/eat anything that's bad for you then you don't actually live longer at all: it just feels like it!
;)

I blame capitalism my sef :cheesy:

http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

Sort of got started on this by accident. Working hard sometimes I don't eat at set times. I then realised my Paul Mckenna hypno CD's where he says eat waht you want, when you want, as much as you want but ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY!.

Anyhow, I've now started skipping breakfast which I always used to have before. Also, reduced it from 2 to 1 piece of toast depending on if I feel void in my belly or not.

Anyhow, it is amazing what people can survive on. We eat because like chickens we are conditioned too.

Stuff they put into packaged foods like artificial sugars the body can't breakdown. So it goes into fat storage.

Also, when you are hungry it's amazing what a glass of water can make you feel. Even a couple of walnuts or hazelnuts can make you feel full. Healthy natural fats.

To top it off, the packaging costs more than the content!

Then there is advertising costs and brand names.

How do some companies get license to sell these goods is beyond me. Then there is that banned substance cannabis.

As I get older and wiser I realise the world is a really fecked up place. :mad:

I reckon this thread should be renamed to Wise Old Gits Thread!!! :idea:

I blame capitalism my sef :cheesy:

http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

Sort of got started on this by accident. Working hard sometimes I don't eat at set times. I then realised my Paul Mckenna hypno CD's where he says eat waht you want, when you want, as much as you want but ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY!.

Anyhow, I've now started skipping breakfast which I always used to have before. Also, reduced it from 2 to 1 piece of toast depending on if I feel void in my belly or not.

Anyhow, it is amazing what people can survive on. We eat because like chickens we are conditioned too.

Stuff they put into packaged foods like artificial sugars the body can't breakdown. So it goes into fat storage.

Also, when you are hungry it's amazing what a glass of water can make you feel. Even a couple of walnuts or hazelnuts can make you feel full. Healthy natural fats.

To top it off, the packaging costs more than the content!

Then there is advertising costs and brand names.

How do some companies get license to sell these goods is beyond me. Then there is that banned substance cannabis.

As I get older and wiser I realise the world is a really fecked up place. :mad:

I reckon this thread should be renamed to Wise Old Gits Thread!!! :idea:

If you keep away from anything that is processed, you won't go far wrong. I can't avoid it, 100%, but I have a good try. Anything that is related to bread, biscuits, cake, I only eat when it is offered, I consider that to be a treat because I'm a glutton for goodies! I never buy any of it, myself, though. There's no sugar in our house, either.

Call me grumpy if you must but I would remove this sign and let the 3astards burn :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Ct_85CzXEAArbQZ.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37653137

If this dog belongs to the family, then the family needs a good slapping.

If this dog belongs to a neighbour or someone else, then if I was parent of those little babies injured in the attack, I'd take out the owner as being responsible and give him some kind of life long injury. Hammer to both knee caps seem appealing right now.

As for young men who keep these pets as some kind of weapons, I see them as no different to cowards carrying knives, chicken ****s who are afraid to fight fair and take a beating.

What a wasteful, useless death. 75% increase in attacks in the last 10 years. :mad::mad::mad:

Didn't know if I should put this on drugs or capitalism section??? Either way it's pretty criminal behaviour by these companies.

Just watched an interesting program on RT tv. Seem plausible all these spreading of pesticides can effect humans and bees. Shocking stuff.

https://www.rt.com/shows/documentary/344545-toxic-children-danger-hawaii/

Is our dependence on pesticides harming the health of our children? Every day, children are exposed to up to 130 chemical pollutants from pesticides. All around the world, scientists and doctors are raising the alarm, linking increases in child cancers, birth defects and even the explosion of autism with exposure to chemicals in pesticides. Six corporations control the pesticide market: Syngenta, Bayer, Monsanto, Dow, BASF and DuPont. They rule over a market of 50 billion dollars. For a year, director Martin Boudot followed the tracks of their molecules to show how some of the most dangerous ones get into our everyday life. In France, children breathe a pesticide classified as "probable carcinogenic." Distributed all over the world, it’s one of Bayer’s best-sellers. Martin Boudot and his team of reporters took some samples of dozens of hairs of children and went to the annual shareholders meeting of Bayer in Germany to confront the corporations with its own principles.

In Hawaii, politics and citizen battle with the pesticides industry. This paradise on earth has become an open-air laboratory where corporations test their futures plants and seeds. But it’s also experienced an explosion in birth defects on the island and residents voted against the massive use of pesticides in the fields close to schools and hospital. So the pesticide industry sued them to enable the use of pesticides to continue. Filmed in France, Germany, Hawaii, Belgium and USA, this documentary reveals how some chemical corporations endanger the health of our children.

Due to copyright restrictions, this video can only be viewed on RT’s live feed. Time of broadcast is available on RT’s schedule page.

Didn't know if I should put this on drugs or capitalism section??? Either way it's pretty criminal behaviour by these companies.

Just watched an interesting program on RT tv. Seem plausible all these spreading of pesticides can effect humans and bees. Shocking stuff.

Is our dependence on pesticides harming the health of our children? Every day, children are exposed to up to 130 chemical pollutants from pesticides. All around the world, scientists and doctors are raising the alarm, linking increases in child cancers, birth defects and even the explosion of autism with exposure to chemicals in pesticides. Six corporations control the pesticide market: Syngenta, Bayer, Monsanto, Dow, BASF and DuPont. They rule over a market of 50 billion dollars. For a year, director Martin Boudot followed the tracks of their molecules to show how some of the most dangerous ones get into our everyday life. In France, children breathe a pesticide classified as "probable carcinogenic." Distributed all over the world, it’s one of Bayer’s best-sellers. Martin Boudot and his team of reporters took some samples of dozens of hairs of children and went to the annual shareholders meeting of Bayer in Germany to confront the corporations with its own principles.

In Hawaii, politics and citizen battle with the pesticides industry. This paradise on earth has become an open-air laboratory where corporations test their futures plants and seeds. But it’s also experienced an explosion in birth defects on the island and residents voted against the massive use of pesticides in the fields close to schools and hospital. So the pesticide industry sued them to enable the use of pesticides to continue. Filmed in France, Germany, Hawaii, Belgium and USA, this documentary reveals how some chemical corporations endanger the health of our children.

Due to copyright restrictions, this video can only be viewed on RT’s live feed. Time of broadcast is available on RT’s schedule page.

Glad to see the Russians are on board for something good. The big money has had it's own way for decades to sell products that are really bad for the animals and humans. Time it was stopped.

Atilla - that's an interesting piece. There's more to this pesticide business than most people are aware of. My personal experience is that I'm fortunate in being very sensitive to foods having pesticide residues: they affect me adversely and therefore I can avoid them after the first experience. However, they do not seem to affect most people in this way - they are most likely ingesting them unknowingly and will be subject to any consequences (possibly,there may not be any but I've not heard of any recommendations to eat pesticides on a regular basis) possibly short or long term. The worrying thing is that this will affect children, who are especially susceptible to this sort of thing during their growing years.

Of course, the needs of big business must always come first. :rolleyes:

Atilla - that's an interesting piece. There's more to this pesticide business than most people are aware of. My personal experience is that I'm fortunate in being very sensitive to foods having pesticide residues: they affect me adversely and therefore I can avoid them after the first experience. However, they do not seem to affect most people in this way - they are most likely ingesting them unknowingly and will be subject to any consequences (possibly,there may not be any but I've not heard of any recommendations to eat pesticides on a regular basis) possibly short or long term. The worrying thing is that this will affect children, who are especially susceptible to this sort of thing during their growing years.

Of course, the needs of big business must always come first.

That is what must change and why just making loads of money out of unsafe food is unethical.

Last edited:

I'm pretty much the same eating the same foods and rarely stray away form the regular diet. Know what you mean as one usually notices effects.

I watched the documentary and basically, the Islanders ended up keeping them because the Islands' employment prospect lay in the hands of these people. They are very active with selected studies, washed reports and paying politicial lobby groups as well as threatening individuals and institutions. These big names are all on this Island and the combined collection of these pesticides is about 130 x higher.

In Hawaii, politics and citizen battle with the pesticides industry. This paradise on earth has become an open-air laboratory where corporations test their futures plants and seeds. But it’s also experienced an explosion in birth defects on the island and residents voted against the massive use of pesticides in the fields close to schools and hospital. So the pesticide industry sued them to enable the use of pesticides to continue.

Apparently some of this dangerous stuff is also on fly sprays and everyday household goods too. :-0

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:On the subject of children here goes:
In recent years (past decade) htere has been an increase in hyperactivity disorder ranging from AD ADHD up to LAMICDWTFIWTD pronounced lamsidwiftiwid. It actually stands for Look At Me I Can Do Whatever The Fkcu I Want To Disorder. These little Bastrdars are most often encountered running up and down the booze isle in busy supermarkets late afternoon. A sure way to focus the parental responsibility is to spot these little forkers early then with the left hand suddenly stop the trolley and push it to the left whilst you peer intently at some obscure liqour mixer on the right, effectively blocking the isle just as the little shiite is mid stride. When he or she runs into your trolley "by accident" the you can put on your best soothing grandfatherly head whilst yumsy mumsy catches up under the reproachful look of othere shoppers as she is normally furiously texting on her smartphone. "Its always difficult with children in a supermarket" you say with the cheesiest of grins just to complete the episode.
I'm not alone in thie am I ?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::clap::clap:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:On the subject of children here goes:
In recent years (past decade) htere has been an increase in hyperactivity disorder ranging from AD ADHD up to LAMICDWTFIWTD pronounced lamsidwiftiwid. It actually stands for Look At Me I Can Do Whatever The Fkcu I Want To Disorder. These little Bastrdars are most often encountered running up and down the booze isle in busy supermarkets late afternoon. A sure way to focus the parental responsibility is to spot these little forkers early then with the left hand suddenly stop the trolley and push it to the left whilst you peer intently at some obscure liqour mixer on the right, effectively blocking the isle just as the little shiite is mid stride. When he or she runs into your trolley "by accident" the you can put on your best soothing grandfatherly head whilst yumsy mumsy catches up under the reproachful look of othere shoppers as she is normally furiously texting on her smartphone. "Its always difficult with children in a supermarket" you say with the cheesiest of grins just to complete the episode.
I'm not alone in thie am I ?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::clap::clap:

Talking of Yummy Mummies on their smartphones: Have you encountered the walking- pace battering rams that comprise a double buggy with 2 toddlers fast asleep & fronted with heavy shopping to ward off any unprovoked attacks by errant pedestrians? The typical MO is for Mummy to be engrossed in the electronic ether (one hand to the ear) while the other hand pushes the buggy - usually the "wrong" hand so there is little directional control. Woe betide if you do not spot them in advance and take early avoiding action: it will be your fault. Apart from getting my specs regularly checked I've found no antidote to this phenomenon apart from staying indoors. The only worse hazard is of course the Pensioner Electric Chariot which once wound up to full speed is usually unstoppable as well as unsteerable. Keeps you sharp I suppose. :)

Talking of Yummy Mummies on their smartphones: Have you encountered the walking- pace battering rams that comprise a double buggy with 2 toddlers fast asleep & fronted with heavy shopping to ward off any unprovoked attacks by errant pedestrians? The typical MO is for Mummy to be engrossed in the electronic ether (one hand to the ear) while the other hand pushes the buggy - usually the "wrong" hand so there is little directional control. Woe betide if you do not spot them in advance and take early avoiding action: it will be your fault. Apart from getting my specs regularly checked I've found no antidote to this phenomenon apart from staying indoors. The only worse hazard is of course the Pensioner Electric Chariot which once wound up to full speed is usually unstoppable as well as unsteerable. Keeps you sharp I suppose. :)
I will watch out for this and come up with an antidote. The mummy tordler ones are difficult because she usually has no cognitive thought process other than "the world is mine so get out of the fckuing way". Pensioners can normally be repulsed by "why don't you fcku orf home and see to your fat ugly wife". Try it sometime.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Supermarket scenarios ???

Please,don't get me started about bloody supermarkets and the braindead customers that frequent them......:LOL::LOL:

N