FX Trading: week 16th - 20th July

Range of last week was around 2.0100 to 2.0360. Is cable;

• a Snoop Doggy Dog (Drop it Like its Hot)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im engaged in a little long at the mo 2.0528.8, short term as I will be selling in a bit, but approaching this long based on G.Michaels song, gotta get up to get down. :)

Hope im not the only dancer on the floor though, if the music stops, and it tanks south.

DJ, spin that ****!

mmm, greeted with all the warmth and affection of a "Liverpool Kiss" on that long 528, still holding it, not got short signal yet, been drawn back to asian launch pad, back up to range ?

The Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith.

the chapter headed Mastering Your Demons addresses the emotions, and why some people failed at being Turtles, and their reluctance to accept such simple rules could be profitable.

(page224)
"... My theory is that this belief and the need for complication come from insecurity and the resulting need to find some reason to feel special in some way. Having secret knowledge makes us feel special; possessing simple truths does not. Therefore, our egos drive us to believe that we possess some kind of special knowledge to prove to ourselves that we are somehow superior to others. Our egos dont want us to limit ourselves to commonly known truths. The ego wants secrets."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

mmm, greeted with all the warmth and affection of a "Liverpool Kiss" on that long 528, still holding it, not got short signal yet, been drawn back to asian launch pad, back up to range ?

is a Liverpool Kiss the same as a Glasgow Kiss, except you get your hubcaps nicked as well?

For the superstitious amongst you... last high before retrace was 18th April! Also if you look at the spacings between the peaks they're pretty similar...

not enough reason to go short I know but maybe worth a punt with a big stop!! I'm getting ready to short sometime today or this week :rolleyes: ... hopefully, hehe

all the best

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 162
EUR/JPY has really lost its way in the last week. It has just been stuck in a narrow range and I just seem to be chasing it around for very little return although obviously cable has made up for this. I'm about to be stopped out this morning's short but could really do with a breakout to the upside if it's not going down.

-30 short 499, I dithered at 516, think i was hoping for a flick to ( from 525 - 540)

is it my imagination, or are the asian sessions providing more sedate moves?
the better signals I am getting at around 3-4am, but I dont get them as I am asleep.

(I would be Long-minded on cable, and just got a short triggered on EUR/JPY)

is it my imagination, or are the asian sessions providing more sedate moves?
the better signals I am getting at around 3-4am, but I dont get them as I am asleep.

(I would be Long-minded on cable, and just got a short triggered on EUR/JPY)

i would happily take a long when i get a signal, thats not going to be likely on my setup for a few hours yet, bit miffed i dicked about getting short, I wouldnt of hesitated selling 517 if i didnt have the long, never mind. so just have to se how far cable decends or if they hold it next few hours, but no longs for me yet.

i would happily take a long when i get a signal, thats not going to be likely on my setup for a few hours yet, bit miffed i dicked about getting short, I wouldnt of hesitated selling 517 if i didnt have the long, never mind. so just have to se how far cable decends or if they hold it next few hours, but no longs for me yet.

yep, shorts are it. the low earlier today at 485 taken out.
you are already in.

The low of today - set on the midnight candle is 2.0471 - so this could act as support.

If it's taken out then my system will be going short tonight - now that makes a change! :D

I was hoping it would go down to the 445 area so I could buy cable again... I'll just wait now for the next hour or so.... not saying the rally will continue above today's high but may just have one last crack at it. Then looking at 4 hour charts to show me if the short is really on...

The $ is overdue for a bounce, the £ is in the topping/ranging process and no sign of it in the beginning of a major trend reversal or bear trend, all IMHO.

Trying to be a swing trader, I am long $ and will stay clear of cable at this moment.

EUR/JPY has really lost its way in the last week. It has just been stuck in a narrow range and I just seem to be chasing it around for very little return although obviously cable has made up for this. I'm about to be stopped out this morning's short but could really do with a breakout to the upside if it's not going down.

Oh dear. Badly whipped again on EUR/JPY. Breakout levels turned out to be the top/bottom of the range within just a few points. Very frustrating. Need a drop in cable to save the day.

Earlier 535 short hit limit for about +42 in morn, so trying again from 495. Could be the beginning of a proper downtrend channel?