FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am presuming you are talking about cable Jilly B....

Good evening Rav, I was about to ask that very question myself.

Looks to me as the GBP decline will continue (at least through the Asian session) tonight.

I have Sold GBP/USD at 1.9790

SL at 1.9830

cable resis today at 9815 followed by 9860. however from monthly swing perspective it
has more dowb bias. I continue to hold shorts opened from last week (9958, 9960).

fibre resis 3575, support 3500. look to be stuck in range. week strenth look to be down,
but 3500 must be taken out again. Holding last week short from 3590 for 3500 retest

ps: my fibre 3550 short last nite was 1 pip away from being filled ...8-((

Good evening Rav, I was about to ask that very question myself.

Looks to me as the GBP decline will continue (at least through the Asian session) tonight.

I have Sold GBP/USD at 1.9790

SL at 1.9830

I guess due to the lack of volatility and buyers and sellers the consensus is that there is not much downside .....but I my thinking is a visit to 750 as I have said in my previous post...

I am going to wait for the news before I make my move.......

Best of luck with you trade

Also you had a very nice trade yesterday where you went long on the USD\YEN....
That in my books is what you call a perfect trade well done....

Happy Trading
Rav

I must say I havent seen much of our Forex Genius DC2000 ........I hope all is fine ....
With him...He is probably on another world tour somewhere....
I think I saw one comment by him today...but before I could catch him he had dissapeared.....

I must say I havent seen much of our Forex Genius DC2000 ........I hope all is fine ....
With him...He is probably on another world tour somewhere....
I think I saw one comment by him today...but before I could catch him he had dissapeared.....

Hi Rav
I've not been on much as having some remodelling done on the house and tend to get on the site early day and late at night
I have no probs with you quoting me by the way

Im on cable from 831, as I missed Upios post re Dow my thoughts for tomorrow are I will be looking to sell the Dow in the morning and also in the first 10 mins of the US open will take half @290 and let the rest run for the day

Short on yen @ 120.48 amd looking for 10 pips scalp with a limit order set in for tonight

morning,

shorted from 17, got to take the kid to school in 5 mins, so i am at odds with the stop. guess will move to BE ASAP. lets see

j

edit: stop to BE. I am afraid i am shorting a pullback for a move long.:rolleyes:

morning,

shorted from 17, got to take the kid to school in 5 mins, so i am at odds with the stop. guess will move to BE ASAP. lets see

j

edit: stop to BE. I am afraid i am shorting a pullback for a move long.:rolleyes:

dont understand that. move long?
there is a two-bar pin-bar on the hourlies, and a 4-hr pin-bar, all pointing up, so rejection of move up. more downside? :confused:

dont understand that. move long?
there is a two-bar pin-bar on the hourlies, and a 4-hr pin-bar, all pointing up, so rejection of move up. more downside? :confused:

hi trendie

chart explains why the short, and why the risk of a move long.

managed to close for +10 while preparing chart
EDIT: Should have scalped "a la Trendie" and left a limit for +20 while out with the kid....the power of hindsight.

Edit: notice how price keeps making higher highs and higher lows.

Attachments

• cable short.gif
    cable short.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
hi trendie

chart explains why the short, and why the risk of a move long.

managed to close for +10 while preparing chart

Edit: notice how price keeps making higher highs and higher lows.

yes, I see.
I am getting longs on 15 and 30s.
I was flipping a coin to decide direction, as hourly and 4-hrs are shorts, but the signals seemed clearer on longer time-frame.

EDIT: also, the pin-bar has almost cancelled itself out within a matter of minutes.

yep, agree. now it keeps on looking like a sloppy range. range which is mostly contained by Friday's trading range

edit: actually trendie, have a look at that chart. see how there is a slight up trading channel overnight, the 60 min breakout bar goes through it, and the inside bar cant break the lower line. this is obviously hindsight. didnt see it until now.

Last edited:
i'm mega tempted for a long. will pass I guess.:rolleyes:

the imminent news kept me out of the short!!
shouldnt complain, it would have been a random luck success it went down. (hindsight bias)

however, it seems to be holding 9770 support (assuming I read it correctly. 9770 has held for 3 days, and was formed early-April.)

may stay out until US-session starts.