FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the dows not doin so well but its about to hit 471 and fall to 371 for an exit

as I type

well, dont follow dow myself, but see a flag that has more than given its measured move up. good luck there.

should start looking at the dow myself. lol

j

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 185
??? CMC chart

Chaps, (and Jilly ;) I think she's the only gal on here)

Anyone else use CMC? I am trying to move into longer timeframes with my trading and was just looking back over the last couple of weeks and noticed the 4th May on the daily showed a massive down day.... good job I looked at the other timeframes. They give a totally different picture.

I'll maybe get in touch with CMC to see if it's a software bug but it really doesn't help with my TA!!

Be interesting to see if any of the other SB companies charts did the same thing.

All the best

Attachments

• 040507 cable.JPG
    040507 cable.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 188
Morning, site finally up and running. Short from 45 on breakout. just hope Mr King behaves himself now and doesn't talk the pound higher.......

morning all,

looking to go long at the 10-15 area price-action dependent. primarily looking for a 50% retrace on yesterday's move up. although 38% is already a nice bet. will wait.

good day all.

EDIT: Bu99er, 38% was the entry. well, now wait for a pullback. lets see if we get 28 again for an entry long.

Last edited:
Sold GBP/USD at 1.9860

SL at 1.9895

--------------------------------------

Bought USD/JPY 120.26

SL 119.90

GBP
Dollar resilience is weighing heavy on sterling. As a consequence I see GBP relaxing to around the 1.9680 level.

JPY
From a purely economic stand point, JPY could be set to weaken considerably over the next few sessions. I would like to see USD/JPY trading at around 122.60.

Again. This is my own personal view of market direction and on which my own trading is based.

ouch -20. thats what i get for lack of patience. now to wait for the close of the 4 hour bar.

edit: in the end did get the 15 entry. lol. now wait for price action confirm the entry.

its getting worse and worse!
today I had a short (hmmm, still fixated with shorts) from 846, and exited for +16.

I am making smaller and smaller amounts.
nerves.
I want to swing-trade, but spend all day at the screen, getting fidgety.

its getting worse and worse!
today I had a short (hmmm, still fixated with shorts) from 846, and exited for +16.

I am making smaller and smaller amounts.
nerves.
I want to swing-trade, but spend all day at the screen, getting fidgety.

From the results I've seen you post over the last few days, I'd say you've been doing pretty well :D

From the results I've seen you post over the last few days, I'd say you've been doing pretty well :D

I have set a target of about 150-200 pips per week on cable, so thats my baseline.
I am wary of over-trading to hit my (arbitrary) targets, and also aware I am pulling my punches and bailing out when it could have run further.
also, nasty whippy days like yesterday do my MAs no favours at all.

mind you, I am catching up on a lot of reading!

EDIT:another problem is surfing the web for more trading strategies, whiling away the time, and they seem so much better!! ( but only in hindsight).
I am beginning to understand why they say trading is predominantly "all in the mind".

hope you are faring well JTrader.

EDIT2: crap!! I got out at 830 for +16 as above, but cable is now at 910!! missed out on another 20 pips.

Last edited: