FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Trendie

If you buy the call options you will pay 132 pips for the right to buy at 1.9838
as you pay this up front this is your max loss, with unlimited profits in theory.

does this mean that I am paying a 9-pip spread for an option?

does it mean that I have a limited risk up till June, but potentially unlimited profit, (of course, accounting for time-decay and Delta, etc) ?

is this better than directional trading, as the down-side is limited?

EDIT: 9 pip spread, not 5!!

morning

im expecting eurgbp to give cable a little push to 9690. waiting for a pullback entry at 25-30ish later during the day.

j

made 14 pips on cable today!! ( off 15-mins. short at 930, out at 916.)
I know its pretty-poor, but its one of my recent successes.

( down-trend. looking for pull-back on 30-mins, which is my preferred time-frame )

hmm, well need to get short, but not at these levels, Ive got a break south point of 1.9795, but I hate chasing them.

So Ive put a stop on my long of 1.9824 at 1.9785. if thats hit then im out until i see a good short price. which at this stage is between 1.9830/40.

So we might go range bound... towards Ideally 1.9860 ish :) would be a good short

Last edited:
But I will just be eying 9842 very closely as I think that this level will be rejected and this is where I would like to put my short in....

Happy Trading All

Rav

Rav - may I enquire as to why you picked that level ? :eek:

hi rav

cable short 25, using eurgbp for a proxi of the opposite to cable at the moment. eurgbp breaking out from a larger triangle, and can only expect upside there, so downside cable.

j

edit: but will bring stop to BE or close, depending on close of 30 min bar. need the break of the inside bar.

edit 2: stop to BE on failure to break 30 min inside bar. stop now above new 30 min inside bar. wait for break of 9800 or close.

edit 3: and out flat. what a waist of time.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have traditionally been a trader of US stocks but Forex has always caught my interest and so I have decided to give it a go. I know that you cannot get volume charts but I am able to use tick charts with my setup. I am curious how others use tick charts to trade Forex so please let me know.

Paul

Hi All,

I have traditionally been a trader of US stocks but Forex has always caught my interest and so I have decided to give it a go. I know that you cannot get volume charts but I am able to use tick charts with my setup. I am curious how others use tick charts to trade Forex so please let me know.

Paul

You can just use, price itself and ignore volume(tic), but using tic pressure, or amount of or flurry of transactions (the tic), may suggest others orders are being forced & late (*sell side orders & others taking the other side) . How much size volume that is, we dont know.

But I had a long last friday, and closed based on heavy 15 minute tic reading into the uptrend circa 1.9838/45 ish.

today we have heavy tic on that run down to *1.9800, so I read flurry of transactions. So to me suggests an "interest area"

I'd also be interested in other members, study of using of tic too.

CB, you seem to have got very right the "range behaviour so far. good luck with the long.

Regarding Tick, the only tick i hear is the tick tack of my watch. never used it. would be interesting to learn something new.

j

I hate scalping - but just had 2 scalps to the short-side for 10 each on cable, 5-mins.
(best bit, both were short from 1.9820 and exit at 1.9810)

frustrating waiting for a "proper" 30-min signal.

up +14, +10, +10, and its time for lunch.

Thanks CB and J for your replies.

CB you said

But I had a long last friday, and closed based on heavy 15 minute tic reading into the uptrend circa 1.9838/45 ish.

Can you expand on this a bit more ?

Paul

Thanks CB and J for your replies.

CB you said

Can you expand on this a bit more ?

Paul

Yeah I had been sitting on a long early Am London which managed 40 points upisde from low (my entry zone too), no real extension of a daily range, no signs of meltdown through my entry, New York open ,session brings in more volume, trend still up as I read it ,so held it, looking for an extension of price range + heavy tic, transactional volume, to offer me an exit, which if you look on the chart was 15.45 bar,(15 minute chart) still a small range from the low for the day, but friday afternoons ? :)

As it turned out, that was selling into the high of the day.

So tic can help indicate a price at which transaction interest is very active.

fibre short term top formed

looks like a short term top on hourly chart for fibre I will try another short 3550 when it
gets there again .... sl 3580

fibre short limit 1.3550 pending, sl 1.3580

aftnoon chaps still in position here and still looking for the 680's with plenty of time to get there Wednesday will be the big move but most will be on board from midday Tuesday so a nice runaway gap will be on the cards