FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aftnoon chaps still in position here and still looking for the 680's with plenty of time to get there Wednesday will be the big move but most will be on board from midday Tuesday so a nice runaway gap will be on the cards

Where you on from DC ?

Any one been trading the euro lately.....am planning to go short on it again....but cant
really get a grip on the patterns...thoughts....anyone

Any one been trading the euro lately.....am planning to go short on it again....but cant
really get a grip on the patterns...thoughts....anyone

Still looks to have a little more rise in it to me.
Good to see you back Rav.

Attachments

• SP32-20070514-144802.gif
    SP32-20070514-144802.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 199
One possible play.

This is exactly what I was looking for a drop down to the 500 and cable down to 700
And then a push up......But what do I know haha

Thanks geldmeister.....

Uphios I dont really like trading the euro but when your foot is stuck with s**t then what do you do....
haha
I have currently got a short @ 42 first time in a long while trading the euro.....
Hence the questions....

I will start trading properly from tonight anyway...Today is just one of those slow dragging days...

Take care

Rav

I hate scalping - but just had 2 scalps to the short-side for 10 each on cable, 5-mins.
(best bit, both were short from 1.9820 and exit at 1.9810)

frustrating waiting for a "proper" 30-min signal.

up +14, +10, +10, and its time for lunch.

disappointing US-session re:cable. only added 7 pips to the bag. (sell 9800, cover 9793).
nett gains = 41 pips over 4 trades.

think I might reconsider scalping on opening volatility of euro and US sessions.
but then again, its the tedium of scratching away for small potatoes rather than swinging for the big bananas.

re: market view. Dont have one. If the MAs point down, look for overbought entries to sell, if MAs point up, look for oversold entries to buy. sorry this isnt as sophisticated as the others posted! :eek:

also disappointed in not getting a 30-min entry, but there were 2 15-min entires to be had.

disappointing US-session re:cable. only added 7 pips to the bag. (sell 9800, cover 9793).
nett gains = 41 pips over 4 trades.

think I might reconsider scalping on opening volatility of euro and US sessions.
but then again, its the tedium of scratching away for small potatoes rather than swinging for the big bananas.

re: market view. Dont have one. If the MAs point down, look for overbought entries to sell, if MAs point up, look for oversold entries to buy. sorry this isnt as sophisticated as the others posted! :eek:

also disappointed in not getting a 30-min entry, but there were 2 15-min entires to be had.

well, you've done quite well. you took 40 pips out of a 55 pip range!! not bad for a null day. if you dont want them, send them to me :cheesy:

j

already spent them j. :cheesy:

thats not very nice of you :mad: well done though. :D

got to say that the bad thing about such a tight daily range is that the Asian session will get to have all the fun and try to breakout while we're asleep.

till tomorrow.

j

does anyone know if there are any data providers that offer DAX and FTSE on Metatrader-4?
( I know I can get Dow and SPX, so why not other indices )

thanks

well, you've done quite well. you took 40 pips out of a 55 pip range!! not bad for a null day. if you dont want them, send them to me :cheesy:

j

I agree, and the concept of trading the same approach on different timeframes, simultaneously is interesting, if one can handle it!

It seems strange to me that the market has traded in such a tight range, and especially that it hasn't gone below 19790 as the market has looked like it wants to go lower. I am wondering if there is some exotic option expiry coming up which is being defended. The market very much looks like it's being held up.

well this has been a fiddly one :) , the thing is Its getting close to me going long. (market going long)

Although I already am. The down threat is easing , so looks like we may see the next leg , going upwards . So I need to hold position long. Ideally buying around here 1.9800 , but as im long 1.9824 still. That'll have to be it.

whats happened as I read it, mid london AM direction change, followed by no urgency to mark up prices to get short, followed by no one way downside sell off. So I see it drifting back to long. If you follow.

I like tight stops, but from now ---> overnight, 1.9785 (only trading 10 above it now ) might be a bit too tight, so stop 1.9769. to cushion any potential short term downside volatility with this new approaching upshift as I see it & to hold my long position without me hawking the screen. These lows gone in, should be the botttom . :)

Last edited:
does anyone know if there are any data providers that offer DAX and FTSE on Metatrader-4?

thanks

Sorry no I don't, but if you find one please let me know.

thanks

I Know Northfinance gives DAX but not FTSE.

Moneyrain gives FTSE but not dax

Cant remember if Alpari gives any of them

j

Just for you Information Trendie ----Alpari Definately gives the Dow,nas and spx and a lot of commodities as well

So Lets have a look at the pairs today:
GBP\USD---Very little movement , What are we expecting tommrow well

9:30am GBP CPI y/y 2.8% 3.1% ( Lower expectations)
9:30am GBP Core CPI y/y 1.9% 1.9% ( No Changes)
9:30am GBP RPI y/y 4.6% 4.8% ( Lower expectations)

So What we should have is a dip down at present to the 760 region on the news if this is the case.....

Now
CrapBhuddist----Is Going Long and expecting to find the bottom at 760 and long from there onwards..
Dc2000--- Is Still short and expecting 680

My Trading Feeling is as I said on sunday....

Travel to 842 and the reverse down so far this has been correct but my reversal is only till 750...

What would be the safest trade IMHO Wait for the news and I am just expecting a fall...straight down to 750 by 12:00 so I guess it will stall there till the us news comes out and then either a bounce back up or continuation to meet DC2000's expected 680.

I really wanna short the USD\JPY tonight so that is all I will be looking at...

Happy Trading
Rav

(P.s Crap Bhuddist and Dc 2000 Please let me know if you have a problem me requoting your comments..Thanks Rav

I'm looking to go long overnight, but will be out before 8.00am if the trade is in profit. Otherwise I will hold it with a 20 pip target.

Long - due to the low being formed second today - but at a late time, which usually indicates an overnight rise.