FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
Uphios, I really agree with you. Hike expectations are overhyped in virtually every interest rate cycle. Buying interest rate futures is as close to a one way bet as you can get, it's just that you need lots of money and patience to do it, neither of which I've got much of

Good Morning all,
I am out of all my positions and I am going back to my orignal way of trading....
I feel much comfortable with that........
The Scalpers back...............

Happy Trading
I really appreciate all of your comments yesterday.....Cable is to slow for me to trade...
I had a great trade yesterday on the GBP\JPY...
I think I might start posting my trades on here for that as well if the board permits me too

rav700 said:
Good Morning all,
I am out of all my positions and I am going back to my orignal way of trading....
I feel much comfortable with that........
The Scalpers back...............

Happy Trading
I really appreciate all of your comments yesterday.....Cable is to slow for me to trade...
I had a great trade yesterday on the GBP\JPY...
I think I might start posting my trades on here for that as well if the board permits me too
It's quite amazing what a little sleep can do for you ;)

29Investments said:
Anyone fancy a game of Poker ?

Count me in ........... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
After I kill the gbp\jpy
today..........

rav700 said:
Count me in ........... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
After I kill the gbp\jpy
today..........

Might be good !

We can create our own room on Titan poker and use the chat box to discuss FX whilst we play.

Help pass the time when the mkts rangeing :cheesy:

Hmmm, I thought we might get a choppy day, good for scalping but I am now worried we just get a slow day. GBP falling just a little, stops brought back to entry level due to small concern that Euro and swissie have firmed a little. I don't think my stops will be hit but better safe and all that.

I think Boe King has woken it up. Given his concern over the strength of the pound I had hoped he would be in talk it down mode. Stops just reduced to 665.

Uphios said:
It's quite amazing what a little sleep can do for you ;)
Lets be honest.....Does anyone understand what the f*****k is goin on with cable :rolleyes:

No wonder I made losses...........
Yes believe it or not sleep does make a difference

O.K. trailing stop hit, thought I might of made that a bit to tight. Not to worry, hopefully the '2 to the pound' brigade will let me enter short again on an approach to 9700. Perhaps it's gonna be a scapers day after all;)

rav700 said:
Lets be honest.....Does anyone understand what the f*****k is goin on with cable :rolleyes:

No wonder I made losses...........
Yes believe it or not sleep does make a difference
True Rav, cable is crazy. Yesterday was for me a prime example. The only news of note was US new housing. Poor numbers were not good for dollar but at the end of the day and against the US dollar, Canada flat, Euro up 10 pips, Swissie up 5 pips and Pound up 80+. Now what on earth about US housing makes the pound rise against the Euro etc???

Uphios said:
True Rav, cable is crazy. Yesterday was for me a prime example. The only news of note was US new housing. Poor numbers were not good for dollar but at the end of the day and against the US dollar, Canada flat, Euro up 10 pips, Swissie up 5 pips and Pound up 80+. Now what on earth about US housing makes the pound rise against the Euro etc???

Somebody out there knows something and we don't...

Crazy is true. Went to make tea and took a call and came back to the Niagra falls...

What is happ and why?

29Investments said:
Decided to reverse early - now long from 640
Good luck 29, I think your bang on todays favorite number, yesterday was 613 today is 640. Hope it goes up for you 'cos I want to get my short back on at a better number than this.

Uphios said:
Good luck 29, I think your bang on todays favorite number, yesterday was 613 today is 640. Hope it goes up for you 'cos I want to get my short back on at a better number than this.

Thanks Uphios - Just hoping this can get a few points higher before 3pm so I can get a stop in at b/even before the confidence data.

I see 1.9450 as being pretty important here. A break above should see us back towards 1.9700 and a retest of the resistance above. I am short half my position from this morning but obviously my stop is not far away