FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
I apologise for stating the blindingly obvious but incase anyone has missed it 0.68 appears to be big resistance on EUR/GBP and I suspect this will determine cables next move. Personally I'm short from 24 but took half my profit on the move down to the figure with stop now at 40

Good Morning All,

I am sorry for not posting....but have been on the sidelines....I am hating this 600 zone right now as it is a zone that has so much chop to it in the last 4 days that if you are a scalper you could have got hurt like I did....
Once it comes out of this zone I will start trading again.....

Happy Trading
Rav

rav700 said:
Good Morning All,

I am sorry for not posting....but have been on the sidelines....I am hating this 600 zone right now as it is a zone that has so much chop to it in the last 4 days that if you are a scalper you could have got hurt like I did....
Once it comes out of this zone I will start trading again.....

Happy Trading
Rav
Almost funny in it's irony Rav. I'm short and it's never getting low enough for me to take profit but I look at the chop over the last few days and wish I had been in scalping mode. Guess it's hard to win at the moment.

I must admit I'm tempted to take my profits and give this a rest for a while. Something is not right and I don't know what it is. News from UK bad for pound and O.K. to good for Euro so what happens next, the pound gets stronger against everything including Euro. I think games are going on and I don't wish to be caught the wrong side of them so next opportunity and I'm out and giving it a rest.

Hi chaps, I was short all day yesterday and then got stopped out for -20 on the spike upto 81 last night!! Was not happy with that at all. Not been able to trade today which is probably a good thing. Well dischuffed (not a real word I don't think ;) with all that planning going down the tubes. Did it get anyone else?

All the best

Priceman, yes very difficult market, ranges so narrow and spikes always see take stop losses but not quite reach limit orders. I find it very hard to believe that cable didn't go down towards the support below 9600 on bad data but then I guess that was caused by bigger players thinking like me and buying at the figure, expecting more range playing.

I won't go short today but a move above 55 and I'll go long and hope we get some sort of move. That is probably the signal for the market to plummet down to 9500!

IMO which is never correct Rav, I reckon it will shoot up for stops on the news later then plummet... unfortunately (or fortunately for me) I can't be online today to trade so I'll miss out either way.

Good luck chaps, don't try to understand why it's doing it just follow what it does, and without too much thought ;)

Priceman said:
Hi chaps, I was short all day yesterday and then got stopped out for -20 on the spike upto 81 last night!! Was not happy with that at all. Not been able to trade today which is probably a good thing. Well dischuffed (not a real word I don't think ;) with all that planning going down the tubes. Did it get anyone else?

All the best
It took out the stop on my swissie but I was watching at the time and promptly put my swissie back on for 3 pips better, then added another but closed that for 20 profit about 10 mins later.

Meanwhile this last few days of trading has allowed me to break my record for consecutive wins........... on freecell.

A visit to 620 anyone Currently short @ 49........Looking for 20 pips @ 29 and probably lower cos I dont why the buying @ the 70 level seems to have gone down as well....even thought the results were dollar negative....I am assuming they are just waiting for one comment and we shall drop like a bomb...I have my stop @ 89

Here we go attempt to break the high value of 72 I think there should be 2 attempts to try and break it and then we will go all the way down to the 40's again....time will tell....

bounce of 55.....still no idea what it wants to do...Lets see if it bounces again or it breaks it I am ready either way

Hourly stochs and ma's are ready for the turn but confirmation of the 54 break should give us downward movement and a break of 72 should take us to 700

Horrible market, got my entries right today but just had the limit orders in the wrong places by fractions. I hope to see a break higher (sorry Rav) but if it goes back down to 55 I'm giving up today. Very frustrating day, it's days like this when you wish PC had been broken!

this sort of market dose not suit my style of trading
total waste of time grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
going to call it a day

Just thought I would give a little update. This current short position(USDJPY) has me up 131 pips now!