FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
hornblower said:
rav
I have to ask
when do you sleep ?

Helllo mate as you can see....The last 15 Days of trading have taken its toll asI have really not had much sleep....because of my trading but I am going to start sleeping properly from tommorow...I have not been feeling to well so I just had another nap woke up to see it was better that I was asleep...ot I would have lost money trying to scalp from the cable who has not got anything to offer me at all.....

so what is the consensus of the our fellow traders......
Everyone has a short bias....I still have my short open from 652 and all other positions have been closed at b\e and a loss of 10 pips....

So my Total count for Monday is

-30 pips.. Yep I have to admit it this is what happens when you think you can make pips all the time without loosing.......I know that this afternoon there should be a break out but.....is it going to be in the right direction.......ie downards......I am waiting for cable to finish its downward leg so we can get on the train again to complete the Final leg to 2.0000.....

I will be honest with you guys due to lack of traders posting on our boards I went to forex factory for a bit.......but felt like I was between a total group of strangers.....Trade2win is where my comfort lies and I feel that we work very good together....

Okay lets take a look at this Homesales @ 3:00 not the news on Friday did give the dollar a bit of strength...so let s hope the new home sales increases makes the profit taking giants realise that the time is now..........................

My Name should be Rav the Bear....My thoughts are 90% of the time bearish.......

Happy Trading
Rav

Current Range 585 to 625
So that mean for scalpers ...............ie 5-10 pips
I am short @ 22 with a stop @ 32 Target 12 and there onwards....

Best of luck rav

29Investments said:
Morning all. My shameful big leary punt trade from Friday got stopped out in Asia session and I am now back in long again at far more sensible size from 9601 after 580 held recent test. Hourlies look pretty good but Daily stochs are trying to roll over. Hoping for another run at 97.

Good Luck/Good Trading

Moved my stop up to 629 to lock in some pips in case we reject from here again (638)

fxcm now gone long from 97 target 835 stop 625 - worried about overbought hourlies but piling in anyway

29Investments said:
Flat again at 97 - think i'll watch and wait for a bit

Oh dear my... :cry: Pooh bear... :(

At times like this I'm glad for SL when they get blown out. I'm also glad I didn't add to my short position and waited for my targets.

The sad thing is I went long on Friday made a loss closed position and went short. This is what I call over trading. Perhaps I need to increase my stop losses and hold pos longer? Ponder wonder!!! :rolleyes: :confused: :|

Luckilly, my losses are outweighed by gold where I had a bigger stake. Still the thought of losing pips really knocks me for six...

The last three trades have really cost me 100+ pips and I'm going to have to ease off a little on FX. Especially when I can't watch the screen.

Will it brake through 1.9720? With the US housing figures I guess an interest rate drop is almost automatically being factored in. Coupled with continued strong housing prices in the UK.

Well from 11:30-1200 the MAs have crossed up so looks bullish now. Although after these peaks there is always a fib retrace which could be from 1.9685 - 1.9630

Will I place a bet? No. Not now... Time to ponder and test ability to judge FX moves...

Good luck to you all.

Was a good day. Short overnight from 633 closed am 583. Re-short 628 close 585. Re-short 625, double up on stake and out come the wrong US housing figures. So back to b/e on the day, profits all went at stop. Now short again 685 and looking for a ginormous drop, please, pretty please!

Hi all, hope this is a profitable week for all of us.

I just got a buy signal for USDJPY @ 11am est when the market was at 117.87. I have a stop loss of 30 set, wish me luck!

Nice sharp bounce on the swissie for +30, sometimes wonder why I bother with unpredictable cable.

Uphios said:
Was a good day. Short overnight from 633 closed am 583. Re-short 628 close 585. Re-short 625, double up on stake and out come the wrong US housing figures. So back to b/e on the day, profits all went at stop. Now short again 685 and looking for a ginormous drop, please, pretty please!

That make the two of us :rolleyes:
Best of luck .......
This is the one for me
Make it or break it I am afraid........
I need a big break if this hit 555 or there abouts in the next 2 days

Got a good feeling about this one. If cable would be so kind as to get around 700 again gonna double my short and tighten the stop to 730.

Uphios said:
Got a good feeling about this one. If cable would be so kind as to get around 700 again gonna double my short and tighten the stop to 730.

Are you expecting this to go down today and what are you target matey if you dont mind me asking :LOL:

rav700 said:
Are you expecting this to go down today and what are you target matey if you dont mind me asking :LOL:
Nope, expecting a low on Wednesday of 525, just don't think we will get much better numbers between now and then.

Last edited:
I am confused..to be honsest...My Trading has been really crap in the last 4 Days as I mentioned before.....
I have lost track of my rules and trading plan and ....just feel that I need a break....

We have got quite a bit of news out ie
Tue.
3/27 12:50am JPY CSPI m/m 0.4% -0.3%
9:00am EUR German Ifo Business Climate Index 106.5 107.0
9:00am EUR German Ifo Business Expectations Index 102.2 102.6
9:00am CHF Consumption Indicator 1.951
9:30am GBP BBA Mortgage Approvals m/m 46.8K 37.8K
9:30am GBP Business Investment q/q (r) 3.3% 3.3%
10:00am USD Cleveland Fed President Pianalto Speaks
10:45am GBP BOE Governor King Speaks
2:00pm NZD Consumer Confidence 119.7
3:00pm USD Consumer Confidence 109.0 112.5
3:00pm USD Richmond Fed Index -4 -10
11:45pm NZD Building Consents m/m 3.9%
Wed.
3/28 All Day EUR German CPI m/m (p) 0.2% 0.4%
7:00am EUR German Consumer Confidence 4.5 4.4
7:00am GBP Nationwide House Prices m/m 0.7% 0.7%
9:00am EUR M3 Money Supply y/y 9.8% 9.8%
9:30am GBP GDP q/q (r) 0.8% 0.8%
9:30am GBP Current Account -8.9B -9.4B
10:30am CHF Leading Index m/m 1.83 1.79
1:30pm USD Durable Goods Orders m/m 3.0% -7.8%
1:30pm USD Core Durable Goods Orders m/m 1.8% -3.1%
2:30pm USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks

3:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories 4.0M
4:30pm EUR ECB President Trichet Speaks
11:45pm NZD Current Account -4.1B -4.6B

Quite a couple of Fed speakers and also Durable good reports now...525 how can we work this one out so that we f*****n Profit at last....

Rav
Cable has really frustrated me..

Rav,
Don't get too disheartened, you are a breath of fresh air to this thread and we all enjoy
your daily comments .
Leave cable alone for a while and recharge the batteries.
Why not have a look at EUR/USD I think this one has long potential, I am waiting for a slight pull back to a better price before going long again.

ScouseTed said:
Rav,
Don't get too disheartened, you are a breath of fresh air to this thread and we all enjoy
your daily comments .
Why not have a look at EUR/USD I think this one has long potential, I am waiting for a slight pull back to a better price before going long again.

Thanks Mate.....I Just guess sometimes it is better to walk away.......
My Calls of late have been a bit loose......

I will join you guys back on next monday.....If I dont end up blowing another 10% of my balance by then.... :(

Currently have a long term position trade open @ 1.9689 with a stop @ 1.9850....I hope this one come through.....I am looking for a minimum retracement to the 590 region.......but knowing how my ****ty trading has been goin It will probably hit the the 850 by tommorow......

I just need a decent come back not a recovery.....
I just wanted to say thank to all you guys on this forum

Happy Trading
Rav
You win some you loose some.......
Current total loss for monday is now

-84 :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

I

ScouseTed said:
Rav,
your daily comments .
Rav, he's right you know, you really do give a lot to this thread and even if you're having a bad run it's good to post. Then it will encourage others to post and give their thoughts... after all like you said that's what we're all here for, we're not up against each other. We could/should bounce ideas off each other rather than just posting our trades (he says posting his trade below) See if you can watch cable and not jump in for a few days that will be really testing :cool:

Best of luck and keep up the good spirit, you make me smile with your wit and humour.

Ok I got a nice short this morning and out for +19, didn't take the long as I really believed it was going down a lot more than it did. Also I couldn't get near my screen which probably saved my bacon. Now gone short again but not convinced it's going anywhere... may just get out for a couple of pips loss at 09 or hope that it goes down to 60/70. They're my limits today, quite close. Tomorrow's another day, no need to chase 'em there's enough to go round.

TTFN

rav700 said:
Thanks Mate.....I Just guess sometimes it is better to walk away.......
My Calls of late have been a bit loose......

I will join you guys back on next monday.....If I dont end up blowing another 10% of my balance by then.... :(

Currently have a long term position trade open @ 1.9689 with a stop @ 1.9850....I hope this one come through.....I am looking for a minimum retracement to the 590 region.......but knowing how my ****ty trading has been goin It will probably hit the the 850 by tommorow......

I just need a decent come back not a recovery.....
I just wanted to say thank to all you guys on this forum

Happy Trading
Rav
You win some you loose some.......
Current total loss for monday is now

-84 :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

I

rav
I think its lack of sleep
it catches up with you
good night
H