FTSE 100 - March

5 min chart....

Using Fib technique on the opening gap u c that it retraced 50%, bounced of the 100ema and bottom wedge trend line marking a short for me....closed out at 4,529 when accumulation started to pick up around 2pm which also marking the end of the adam-eves bottom formation.

Pull back at 4,536 marked the handle of C&H formation which hit target of 4,545 on increased volume.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    26 KB · Views: 362
thats the difference between FTSE and Dow imo...they opperate on completely different scales imo. We have had a tough couple of trading days but really do think the FTSE should have a spread of 1 and we should be able to trade 0.5 of a point :)

Just replaced a part of the central heating system.Come back and most of the action (dax) has finished,got 9.5.

Good mornig. I have both FTSE and DJ hovering above their 38 fib lines (6 monts chart). Is it time now to try to catch the knife? perhaps on both?

The low of 4477 is being tested now. If this is a 4th wave then this level should provide valid support. Interestingly, one can count 5 wave decline on the US indices. (So a bounce may be in order over there). Otherwise the peak of wave 1 (4437) is the next area of support.

The February run from 4357 to 4566=209 points.

This gives fibs of:

38% = 4486 already breached
50% =4462
62% =4437

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 300
FTSE100 chart

Forgot to label chart.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 289
FTSE250

Looking at my favoured FTSE250 it appears to suggest that the run from February could have actually completed. Those with very good eyesight may be able to make out 5 waves, with a further breakdown into 5 minor waves over the last 10 days.

Certainly, cyclical stocks have been weak for the last three days.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 270
Wrong thread I know but does anyone have thoughts on ten dow stocks to trade to give as close as possible to a neutral position overall?

Mully,

This can't be a wave 4....its taken out wave 4 of a minor degree.

Also, u'r wave 1 is a three wave up...so must be a correction??? I've got marked as X

As i posted last week.. the diagonal triangle is found in either wave 4... or wave B. This has just confirmed to me that the triangle marked the end of a double correction with this being the start of a larger wave C...imho

Got support on the S&P around 1,110 so should help us bounce up.