FTSE 100 Intraday - December

Bonsai,I am around, just down a very long country lane using a simple dial -up and competing with the other half for access. I am intrigued with the FTSE's reluctance to join in the US run, even with the oils kicking in. FTSE250 (cyclicals) also has not drawn any obvious comfort from the spurt in the cyclical Dow Jones. Anyway I post the FTSE100/250 charts to add an element of clarity to wave counting.

re your earlier message- no have found no way to trade FTSE250 directly other than buy a basket of cyclicals.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    77.9 KB · Views: 290
Bonsai, I tried Liffe, it started freezing me up so I abandoned. I'm not that bothered. I'm happy to leave expiry to the "players".

Mully, how does $ depreciation affect the diff between Dow and Ftse etc?

Inspired by the Ftse/Dow/SnP comparisons I've seen posted, I had a look at the relative prices since Jan 2000. Relative to the Dow value, the are currently about:
Dow: 10250
SnP: 8500
Ftse: 7500

Not accurate figures as I'm not at my main computer and this is from memory. I'll try to post a chart over the weekend.

liffe is notoriously slow,imo

I usually give up too.

never say die !

next stop advfn

Attachments

• options.gif
    options.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 220
unexpected ?

on d4f I have Mar trading at a discount to Cash !

Last edited:
I'm short overnight on Es but it may be forming a base?Unless it breaks this I may soon exit.

looking like another one of the 1/2/3 trendlines, could be worth a trade on a break of 3?

Attachments

• screenshot010.gif
    screenshot010.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 514
still looks quite strong
but I have reached the end of my wave count
so like you, I expect, looking for signs of reversal.

Interesting comparison of dow and FTSE taken from http://www.snappytrader.com/home.html Bit out of date as was posted last Tuesday. So does the Dow fail at resistance at the top of its channel, or does the FTSE play catch-up? Answers on a postcard please.

Attachments

• chartdowftse.gif
    chartdowftse.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
new high
this has turned into a channel rather than a wedge.

that's gonna make it more difficult to trade.

could go on extending

4450 well within range now but didnt half take a long time !

its now broken the bottom channel line so that's a good a time as any to sign off.

almost end of year for me

off up country for a while in Aysgarth. Bit of carol singing, log fires and Mistletoe.

If you dont know where it is, I can tell you its a long way from Harrods !