FTSE 100 - March

Mully
Fib Grid 4566/4357.
The average fall can go to .786 of the grid and this is at 4402,could rest or reverse up from 4402.My only concern is the the fast rate of fall today.
There I go sticking my neck out again.!!

HI fini,
Yes, I have closed all my shorts. :mad:

I got 4520 (limit order filled)

Far too early, I have to add. Very stupid as all my signals were strongly bearish. Just got influenced by the general bullish feel in the air. :cry:

The question now is how far is it going to go?

Is there anyone on here that correctly interpreted charts and profited from this? either FTSE or DJ?

sorry - shouldn't said 'correctly'- refrase= did anyone get a signal that this was about to happen, and profited handsomely?

Shedders,

I wish lol, ive been catching this knife all the way down. B/E point is 4470. was anticipating an attempt to fill some of the gap a lot earlier than this!

roll on a DOW bounce this afternoon!

FC

FetteredChinos...
..join the longs club!
I have been doing a bit of 'knife-catching' myself on DJ last night.
Now long in both.

5min chart for DJ shows a bullish divergence on MACD

its all a bit scary actually. im a bit concerned about the size of my position (fnar fnar lol)

i hate to admit it, but i seem to have been trading like swager over on TT. hitting the trade with a big bag of money.

remind me never, ever to do it again. i seem to have got away with it today. but i have been lucky.

could have lost 40% of my pot had we plunged below 4380

lesson learned the hard way :eek:

FC - reducing your size might be the answer ?!?

I for one visit the land of oversizing......occasionally....

TS, already on the case, im scaling out gradually at suitable opportunities..

cant wait for this day to be over actually..

never try trading with a hangover! :LOL:

tell me about it, objective #1 achieved, now someone please tell me where the ejector seat button is lol.

DOW rallying strongly at the moment though.. may keep a normal stake long though.

how are you faring? nervous holding that DOW long after the gap-down?

FC

Kept my short open from £5 per point from 4,550 and closed at 4,440.

Taken a long at 4,474 on triangle break..which could now be a C&H formation..i hope..taken us back up2 4,500???

Didn't see any reason to close..came near the 32ema once which was the only temptation to close.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    57.4 KB · Views: 192
FC - I have very bullish signals on DJ (nearly as bearish as they were yesterday!!), As far as I can see, 10160 was the low. (cmc bid). I have to admit that I will feel better when (if) we pass 10300.

I am (hoping) to see 4500 FTSE before the end of the day. Can't see why not.

Anyone has any views on DAX?

divergance nailed the bottom there. do you prefer to look for 3 peak divergance chartman-style? i find it misses out a load of signals in comparison to 2 peak.

may have to look into it a bit further methinks... :)

FC

On the 1 in chart look for 3, but feel 2 peaks on the 5 min is sufficient depending on the move.

Not too sure about this move up either..see if breaks through 38% Fib of the move...has the feeling and wave count of a zig zag??

I might have to get one of these traging psychology books as I'm sure I've got a subconscious desire to lose.From giving running commentary to others and not going for the throat when I know the points are there.I'm putting more emphasis on share trading at the moment as I can think more logically in the longer time frame.Can anyone recommend a good trading psychology book,please?

The inability of the market to penetrate the 1 day SMA is not a helpful development.