FTSE 100 - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splasher,

Thinking the same thing...make this the end of Wave B with C to come and retest the lows of Wave A

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    143.1 KB · Views: 316
fin
I think you may find in your wave count that 3 wave is shortest wave ?
Have you tried it assuming that 3rd normally extends ?

So the unknown is BoE decision and what that could do to the FTSE.
My thoughts are no change is bad as the economy is not as strong as we thought and even with runaway house prices the brains at the bank are woorried about hiking.
Up 1/4 is bad as it will hurt manufacturing and exporters and only help the banks, also act as a brake on whole economy
Up 1/2 is pretty unthinkable but would show a panic so very bad

So overall can't see tomorrow propelling market upwards

Only caveat here is that i think my mind has closed out the possibility of market moving higher due to strong convictions and a short position.....always a dangerous place to be so i welcome any contrarian views

Splash

The other side of the coin is that with a short trading week and lighter volume, if NY wants to run then London will follow. :cheesy:

decent volume going through at the figure, some big bids seem to be coming in and getting hit
agree on the us point oatman but going into easter weekend would you want to be long after a 200 point run up from the lows?
what do you make in general when there is a real tussle at a figure?
I always think if it sails through without noticing then it has maybe 30-40 points further to run but not sure when we see a real battle.....maybe it will just mark it out as a future res/support level?

Thanks Bonsai,

I checked the lengths and they were about the same, and thus making me think that wave 5 would be extended...i was wondering why my wave 5 targets were so far away?!!

More like this??...

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    143.1 KB · Views: 407
I'm watching on IB which isn't that reliable for volume but I've got DOM. Fair bit going through here.
How's your chart history? I've got a gap on 10th March at 4531. My charts are not that accurate. Could you have a look?

Fin
now you are humming ?

course the market will do its own thing but
it even looks right , don't you think.

I can see a gap of 4507-4519 on 10th to 11th March
Is that what you are looking at to be filled Oatman?

My gap is 4531 at 17.30 cls. on the 10th and a high of 4498 on 11th opg.
As I said, this is IB and Sierra :cheesy:

Didn't realise you just looked at the open to close gap, i've got that at 4541 to 4500.
I was looking at low of 10th being 4519 and high of 11th being 4507. But then i am a technical numpty.
Do you always look at the open/close gap?
If so surely these occur on a lot of days but generally get filled in the day.
Whereas the actual gap, as illustrated above, that has yet to be filled could deem to be more significant?

Splash

Also depends on wot type of gap it is (breakaway,measuring or exhaustion) on whether it will get filled

It's how I see a gap. Doesn't have to be between a close and an open but usually is. You could easily gap on news, rumours or figures. A gap's a gap :cheesy:

Well looks like tomorrow will be interesting.
FTSE took some beating to get down but seems to be showing some weakness into the close.
I thought my screen was stuck earlier as the dow crumbled andthe good old ftse just stayed up
Maybe we'll see fibs touched tomorrow?

Evening all

have just closed my evening trade at 486
quote is 86/90 and dow is at 536/41

if it stays up here , it will upset a few apple carts ?

hmm

this now looks like something of a relief rally

the fall from grace yesterday has an abc about it - and nothing left to correct ?
but could be a 1-2-3 !

edit

Last edited:
Don't you think there will be hesitation before the possible interest rate rise?

Jean

Status
Not open for further replies.