FT71 video - pretty brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Dalton is not in the same league as the examples I gave.

Seriously, can you really see any of the following doing this:
Buffett
Paul Tudor Jones
Ed Seykota
Richard Dennis
Bill Eckhardt
Flipper

and so on...

I've already pointed out that Seykota gives info free.
Dennis isn't even involved in trading anymore.

If he charges money, its cause he needs it, simple as.
As for his book, the CBOT manual on MP gives largely the same info.
I'm out of this thread, better things to do and its a debate that will never be resolved.

the reason i questioned it is the fact i was intrigued as to the (your) motivation to be looking at, or happening to stumble by, a video from their "trader education programme" seeing as you are quoted (somewhere?) as being adamant 99% of trading education is worthless.

I can tell you how I found it. I created a Twitter account. In fact, I already had one, so I ended up just finding my twitter account. A friend of mine, also a board member on T2W mentioned he liked FT71s tweets. I added FT71 to my account & saw this vid referenced on a recent tweet. I thought it interesting.

first look see the type (if any) of training on offer from these people. well that's not directly clear. they are primarily a prop outfit and brokerage. there are plenty of references to their "training" qualifications and public access to "extensive experience in what it takes to recruit, train and turn a new trader into a profitable one" my take is they do remote trader training for wannabe prop traders via remote, this is jodie.

Yes - a business actually promoting what they do. This is the norm, right?

next look was vanKar trading, and a look at the platforms they provide. it comes as no surprise that ninjatrader is on the list.

Aaaaah - the conspiracy. The facts are:

1 - He has some excellent webinars for $129.99 & the money goes to charity
2 - He has a brokerage and pulls people up when they start blowing their accounts
3 - He does not in any way promote the use of Ninja or Tape reading
4 - He promotes many platforms.
5 - He does not pay me or promote my products

now knowing ninja is on the list let's look at their twitter feed

you liked the vid so much you just happened to have found you did a victor kiam and subscribed to their tweets!

I did subscribe not that I know how to view them in real time because I am fairly ignorant in the ways of Twitter. G... from this forum keeps telling me I need to get into Twitter & and perhaps he can post a copy of the email he sent me so that he can then be accused of being a multi-nick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lastly let's look at your site, oh! look you are affiliated to them and you link to their training and they likely sell your product too. fancy that!

why the hell has admin allowed this thread?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I'm an affiliate am I????

Are you sure about that?

Let us examine the page in question: Jigsaw Trading Reconstructed Tape. Improving Time and Sales for Day Traders

This is a blog with mostly free information on trading.The blog is run by a professional index futures trader, trading out of the Chicago Board of Trade building. He trades for a living and has no other profession. He has his own proprietary trading firm and trains traders at his firm, people that have no prior trading experience. There are a number of free webinars available and there are some that you have to pay a small fee for. The proceeds for the paid webinars go to charity. We have watched them all and they are all well worth the small fee. You could pay thousands of dollars for training from a commercial trainer and still not have anything close the richness and value of information on this site. Click Here to go to the site.

I will not reproduce the link - anyone can go there and see it is NOT an affiliate link. It is just a link to his site. In fact, I have no affiliate links. I don't do that.

In short - once again, we have poor research & conclusion jumping.

I know you are still extremely butthurt from when I handed your a$$ to you when you were a Mod but really - let it go.

the reason i questioned it is the fact i was intrigued as to the (your) motivation to be looking at, or happening to stumble by, a video from their "trader education programme" seeing as you are quoted (somewhere?) as being adamant 99% of trading education is worthless.

That quote is from the same page you discussed below. Keep up, please.

I can tell you how I found it. I created a Twitter account. In fact, I already had one, so I ended up just finding my twitter account. A friend of mine, also a board member on T2W mentioned he liked FT71s tweets. I added FT71 to my account & saw this vid referenced on a recent tweet. I thought it interesting.

first look see the type (if any) of training on offer from these people. well that's not directly clear. they are primarily a prop outfit and brokerage. there are plenty of references to their "training" qualifications and public access to "extensive experience in what it takes to recruit, train and turn a new trader into a profitable one" my take is they do remote trader training for wannabe prop traders via remote, this is jodie.

Yes - a business actually promoting what they do. This is the norm, right?

next look was vanKar trading, and a look at the platforms they provide. it comes as no surprise that ninjatrader is on the list.

Aaaaah - the conspiracy. The facts are:

1 - He has some excellent webinars for $129.99 & the money goes to charity
2 - He has a brokerage and pulls people up when they start blowing their accounts
3 - He does not in any way promote the use of Ninja or Tape reading
4 - He promotes many platforms.
5 - He does not pay me or promote my products

now knowing ninja is on the list let's look at their twitter feed

you liked the vid so much you just happened to have found you did a victor kiam and subscribed to their tweets!

I did subscribe not that I know how to view them in real time because I am fairly ignorant in the ways of Twitter. G... from this forum keeps telling me I need to get into Twitter & and perhaps he can post a copy of the email he sent me so that he can then be accused of being a multi-nick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lastly let's look at your site, oh! look you are affiliated to them and you link to their training and they likely sell your product too. fancy that!

why the hell has admin allowed this thread?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I'm an affiliate am I????

Are you sure about that?

Let us examine the page in question: Jigsaw Trading Reconstructed Tape. Improving Time and Sales for Day Traders

FuturesTrader71
This is a blog with mostly free information on trading.The blog is run by a professional index futures trader, trading out of the Chicago Board of Trade building. He trades for a living and has no other profession. He has his own proprietary trading firm and trains traders at his firm, people that have no prior trading experience. There are a number of free webinars available and there are some that you have to pay a small fee for. The proceeds for the paid webinars go to charity. We have watched them all and they are all well worth the small fee. You could pay thousands of dollars for training from a commercial trainer and still not have anything close the richness and value of information on this site. Click Here to go to the site.

I will not reproduce the link - anyone can go there and see it is NOT an affiliate link. It is just a link to his site. In fact, I have no affiliate links. I don't do that.

In short - once again, we have poor research & conclusion jumping.

I know you are still extremely butthurt from when I handed your a$$ to you when you were a Mod but really - let it go.

Lulzy thread. (y)

There is one reason and one reason only that people sell systems, training, robots and all the rest. Everyone knows what it is, and if they don't know, a moment's thought should get them there.

None of the other reasons stand up for a moment when subjected to anything approaching serious scrutiny. Diversified income streams, love to teach, give something back, raise money for charity blah blah blah blah blah. All lies, and obviously so.

It is only hope and wilful stupidity on the part of the public that keeps these charlatans in business. Everyone wakes up eventually, but there will be a never-ending stream of gullible idiots to take their places.

don't tell me to keep up vendor boy. it is you trying to justify linking over to a partner and trying to keep up (n)

if admin kept up and were more proactive we wouldn't even be discussing this.

now the fact you already have a link on your web site to them, encouraging your site visitors over to them says to me you didn't just find the vid yeterday, as is quoted in the opening post "I watched this today" are you saying you didn't review their stuff before recomending your site visitors about their blogs and training.

do they sell your products or promote your products to their trainees?

they do train according to your writup on them "trains traders at his firm"

quickly linking to other vids and the like in subsiquent posts in an attempt to hide what you were up to wont cut it.

Lulzy thread. (y)

There is one reason and one reason only that people sell systems, training, robots and all the rest. Everyone knows what it is, and if they don't know, a moment's thought should get them there.

None of the other reasons stand up for a moment when subjected to anything approaching serious scrutiny. Diversified income streams, love to teach, give something back, raise money for charity blah blah blah blah blah. All lies, and obviously so.

This is a fascinating opinion and it's not been expressed here before. How wonderful to have something refreshing and new on T2W. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could expand on your experience as a trader that has made millions and why at this point, when you are financially secure, you do not have a thread on T2W teaching others how to attain your riches?

Perhaps you are doing it free elsewhere and are merely too shy to tell others of your charitable donations.

Did you watch the video, by the way?

I sense DT is somewhat frustrated at our constant criticism of vendors. Yes it's not always backed up by facts and we usually don't just give them a chance as Barjon emplores us to do. But really whose fault is that? What if a REAL Nigerian Prince did genuinely need help moving $100 million out of Africa? Nobody would believe him because the 10,000 people before him with the same story turned out to be scammers. Somehow DT expects us to believe that this guy is the real deal despite the fact that everyone else who has ever offered such a service has turned out to be a chancer. Yes we're probably not giving him a chance but only because all your other vendor colleagues have abused the system for so long and have all been caught with their trousers down.

This is a fascinating opinion and it's not been expressed here before. How wonderful to have something refreshing and new on T2W. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The things you and your ilk post are fascinating educational material and they have not been seen here before. How refreshing to have thinly-disguised shilling all over the forum which necessitates regularly pointing out the obvious - namely that vendors are vendors and traders are traders. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Perhaps you could expand on your experience as a trader that has made millions and why at this point, when you are financially secure, you do not have a thread on T2W teaching others how to attain your riches?

What is this screed of bullsh1t about? Where have I claimed to have made millions? And what point are you trying to make here? My point is that successful people do not waste their time flogging training, systems or software. Why would I have a thread on here, the vast majority of which type are set up not to help people but to assist (either explicitly or covertly) in flogging crap to gullible fools.

Perhaps you are doing it free elsewhere and are merely too shy to tell others of your charitable donations.

Of course I am not. I have no interest in charging idiots or teaching them for free. Why would you think I do?

Did you watch the video, by the way?

Holy-Facepalm.jpg

Come on Toast, every time you do one of these 'let's discuss vendors in a rational manner, purely as a discussion topic' thing, you end up looking foolish. You've done it far too many times and it's so transparent it's embarrassing.

Be grateful that you can operate and collect your money from chumps. This weird never-ending circus of trying to pretend that vendorscum are anything but vendorscum is simply bizarre and damages your credibility.

don't tell me to keep up vendor boy. it is you trying to justify linking over to a partner and trying to keep up (n)

I know you know nothing of business, so let me educate you. A 'partner' is someone with whom you have a mutually beneficial relationship. In this case, I just have a few paragraphs on my site that recommend people watch his videos.

This obviously confuses you. "Why would someone do something for free?" you ask yourself. Well - there's the thing. If I charged for it, I'd be a charlatan, if it was free I'd have a hidden agenda.

The fact is - there's good info there and it costs next to nothing - so why aren't you recommending it. In fact - what are you recommending?

if admin kept up and were more proactive we wouldn't even be discussing this.

If admin were at your IQ level, any post with words above 3 syllables wold be cut.

now the fact you already have a link on your web site to them, encouraging your site visitors over to them says to me you didn't just find the vid yeterday, as is quoted in the opening post "I watched this today" are you saying you didn't review their stuff before recomending your site visitors about their blogs and training.

Well - according to my FTP logs, the page in question was last updated on 15th June 2012.....

8-19-201211-41-03AM.png

Now - the video in question was posted on July 20th. Do you think me & FT71 set this up in advance?

Look - the more you go on, the more stupid you look.

do they sell your products or promote your products to their trainees?

Nope.

they do train according to your writup on them "trains traders at his firm"

Yes

quickly linking to other vids and the like in subsiquent posts in an attempt to hide what you were up to wont cut it.

Nope - that was just a bit of humour - something you lack.

Come on Toast, every time you do one of these 'let's discuss vendors in a rational manner, purely as a discussion topic' thing, you end up looking foolish. You've done it far too many times and it's so transparent it's embarrassing.

Look - there's about 5 of you on this site with vendorphobia.

None of you contribute anything positive to the site. None of you discuss trading at all in fact.

So - I will continue to post free stuff because most people don't have a stick up their ar$e.

Be grateful that you can operate and collect your money from chumps. This weird never-ending circus of trying to pretend that vendorscum are anything but vendorscum is simply bizarre and damages your credibility.

Let's face some facts mate. You aren't making a cent from trading. You can't trade, you can't show you trade. All you can do is criticise.

Any customer of mine gets their money back if they don't like it. What guarantee do you give? They get you to recant your whining if it turns out to be bu11shi!t? Your money isn't where your mouth is. Mine is.

If you, LV, PBoyles, etc. etc. etc. posted the odd live trade, posted anything substantive on the topic -then you'd be in a position to critique. As it is, all you can do is whine.

ChoccyBiccy at least steps up to the plate - all you guys do is cry about how hard things are, how everyone is out to get you. Well guess what - it's a hard world & you have to separate the crunchy from the smooth.

Bottom line here - I take exception at anyone accusing me of doing something I didn't.

A bit like if you accused LM, LV, PBoyles, Leapord, The Hare of making money trading...

Look - there's about 5 of you on this site with vendorphobia.

Do not try to portray something falsely. A phobia is an irrational fear or hatred of something, based on nothing logical, or prejudice.

The objection to vendorscum does not fall into this category. It is entirely rational and is based upon reason, logic and evidence.

None of you contribute anything positive to the site. None of you discuss trading at all in fact.

This is simply false. The people you refer to (you name some of them in a subsequent post) make many good contributions (in The Hare's case unwillingly :LOL:) and Pboyles must be the most helpful member of the site by a long way.

They all discuss trading, as do I, albeit not in a way that vendorscum are likely to appreciate.

So - I will continue to post free stuff because most people don't have a stick up their ar$e.

A curious motive, although I don't doubt that you are correct. I have not independently verified it, but it would seem likely that most people do not have a stick in their rectums. It seems an odd reason for doing something, but each to his own.

Let's face some facts mate. You aren't making a cent from trading. You can't trade, you can't show you trade. All you can do is criticise.

Oh Toast, really. The aggressive use of "mate" is beneath you - you are not, after all, a Poopy Slapper. You speak of "facts", but what you offer is speculation. You do not know what you claim to know. I have no desire to "show" that I trade - why on earth would I? As you know full well, the kind of evidence that you seem to be requesting is so easy to fake it is meaningless. Again, you make a false statement - I do much else other than criticise.

So, let us face some actual facts "mate". I am not a vendor, you are. You clearly have some reason for doing it. These are facts. The most likely reason that you do it is the same as most vendors - because you need to. This suggests that it is far more likely that it is you who doesn't "make a cent from trading".

Any customer of mine gets their money back if they don't like it. What guarantee do you give? They get you to recant your whining if it turns out to be bu11shi!t? Your money isn't where your mouth is. Mine is.

What guarantee could I offer? What am I selling? Why should I offer a guarantee, of what and for what? You begin to mislay the plot somewhat.

On the subject of guarantees, you claim to understand business. You will therefore know that guarantees are not a service or a benefit, but a marketing tool. If it is realistically possible to take advantage of them (and most will be termed in such a way as it is not) few people will, especially for a trading-related product. It might be a small amount of money and apathy prevents them. They may be embarrassed. Guarantees are for the most part worthless.

If you, LV, PBoyles, etc. etc. etc. posted the odd live trade, posted anything substantive on the topic -then you'd be in a position to critique. As it is, all you can do is whine.

This is false. All we do is not "whine", just in the same way as you do other things, from time time, than promoting your wares.

Live trades, as I am sure you are aware, are worthless. They are very easy to fake and there are countless example of such on this site. They prove nothing.

ChoccyBiccy at least steps up to the plate - all you guys do is cry about how hard things are, how everyone is out to get you. Well guess what - it's a hard world & you have to separate the crunchy from the smooth.

This once again is false. None of the people you mention here or below cry about how hard it is, nor do they say that people are out to get them. They do point out that there are a lot of dishonest people around posing as successful traders in order to deceive gullible people and take their money. That however is a very different thing.

The facepalms pile up, Toasty. With every post, you accumulate more facepalms.

double-facepalm1.jpg

i think the easiest approach and one that wastes as little further time as is necessary, is to report the thread and let admin sort it out - which i have done.

btw it is well known and public my uselessness on the trading front. if toast wants to go down that road again and use it in someway as a shield to justify his vendorings, fine, bring it on (y)

Last edited:
''Live trades, as I am sure you are aware, are worthless. They are very easy to fake and there are countless example of such on this site. They prove nothing.''

Not to go off topic, Leopard, but how do you fake a live call? I've seen you say this a few times. Maybe i'm missing something! I've made quite a few 'live calls' in the ES thread and flashhearts forex thread, along with a few others.
If someone posts a trade entry, yet the price is nowhere near their 'entry' at the time of the post, we give them hell.
Other than that, how can they be 'faked'?

'
If someone posts a trade entry, yet the price is nowhere near their 'entry' at the time of the post, we give them hell.
Other than that, how can they be 'faked'?

You can edit a post for a while after initial post without it showing as edited
I'll use this post to demonstrate:

edit 1
edit 2
edit3
edit4
edit5
edit 6
edit 7
edit 8
edit 9
edit 10
edit 11
edit 12
edit 13
edit 14
edit 15
f**k i'm getting bored now...
edit 17
edit18
edit 19
edit 20 3 mins since initial post still not tagged as edited
edit 21
edit 22
edit 23
edit 24, f**k didn't know it was this laggy...
edit 25
edit 26 18:12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.