FT71 video - pretty brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
T2W is literally the oddest forum for a post that highlights a bad trader who doesnt follow rules to the OP having an agenda by the fact the webinar provider has ninjatrader as a partner on his website. That is the only link but creates such a vendor buzz ? unless i am missing something?

¨Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account¨

if that link was posted on BMT or ET people would actually discuss the video and not the OP vendor status, odd all very odd

I have looked at it and I think you are nit-picking in the extreme. Clicking the link and watching the video is all that happens. You have to work extremely hard to go on from there to find any linkage to DT's stuff and I would say you and others have given him 100 times the publicity that he would have maybe got from posting the link in the first place.

As usual very few choose to discuss whether the video is interesting or not and whether it has any value to newbie traders or not.

I suppose if an entirely "innocent" member posted the link because they had found it interesting then you would have immediately claimed that they must have a secret "vendor" agenda, or you would have spent all your time wittering on about the evil vendor company that produced it rather than saying anything in anyway constructive - good or bad - about the video itself. What a bloody shower you all are - I dunno why I waste my time.

no you do not have to work hard at all, i don't see how you get to that conclusion? and it is not nit picking as you say, there is a relationship link here, albeit not proven and indeed since denied.

but your conclusion shows a very good example of why i no longer report posts.

after watching the vid the clue is the thread title, quite catching isn't it, it's not just me that has posted previously noting it not being brutal at all.

so what was the real reason for posting it, if not for showing this so called brutality? what then? the risk and money management part? that consisted of saying having winners bigger than losers and if the equity curve carried on dropping the way it was for jodie she'd be broke, well that was a revelation.

the rest is just a quick couple minute look see at all the parties involved. its not about direct linking at all in the way you state, but a more subtle promo of an alledged vendor partner. dt to his credit has since stated that they do not sell his wares, but it is not undeniable that dt promotes ft71 on his site via the training section links, and has done so for a month or so. but has only just noticed and viewed the vid and promptly posted it here. this seems at odds with doing any kind of dd on a vendors stuff before posting a link in his own site about how good they are.

other than that i'm at a loss as to your confusions, sorry :)

and FT71 has something like 14 platforms to choose from so if DT has agreed some partner program he has chosen badly as FT71 only really recommends investor r/t

do all these vendor bashers have absolutely no commercial acumen?

T2W is literally the oddest forum for a post that highlights a bad trader who doesnt follow rules to the OP having an agenda by the fact the webinar provider has ninjatrader as a partner on his website. That is the only link but creates such a vendor buzz ? unless i am missing something?

¨Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account¨

if that link was posted on BMT or ET people would actually discuss the video and not the OP vendor status, odd all very odd

Well I meant honest in approach. ie: they wouldn't say "I take £1m a month out of the market and so can you", but it wouldn't be a lie to say "I am a profitable trader and can teach you how to trade profitably".

The point is that not everyone who teaches has to be dishonest by definition, nor is it proof that they cannot trade themselves.

The first part wouldn't be, the second part would be. Of course they can't teach everyone to be profitable.

Last edited:
The first part wouldn't be, the second part would be. Of course they can't teach everyone to be profitable.

Oh? Who could then, anyone whose not a vendor I suppose. Or are you in the DIY camp who thinks that trading is the only profession in the world that cannot be taught?

ps: oh, sorry - it was the "everyone" you were pointing at - agreed.

so there's a lot of mileage in discussions there? after all the vids premise of having greater winners rather than losers, and not letting the equity curve drop off a cliff like jodies , else you lose the lot!

does that make for top discussions then? doesn't everyone actually understand that already? you surely don't need to have a further disgussion on this point? i'm sure there's lots here already, and out there, surely?

Not everyone can be taught Barjon, you can't make everyone succeed, and even if you can do it yourself, it's a bold claim to say you can teach it to anyone. Anyone who claims they can, in my opinion, is either inexperienced or a liar. It depends far more on the attitude and aptitude of the student than it does on your teaching.

Also, when you referred to people as a shower, were you meaning a shower of s*** or a shower of p***?

The point is that not everyone who teaches has to be dishonest by definition, nor is it proof that they cannot trade themselves.

In theory you are of course correct however experience here has shown that many trainers are dishonest and can't trade themselves. I can think of quite a few examples but I'm sure you'd rather I left it at that.

Not everyone can be taught Barjon, you can't make everyone succeed, and even if you can do it yourself, it's a bold claim to say you can teach it to anyone. Anyone who claims they can, in my opinion, is either inexperienced or a liar. It depends far more on the attitude and aptitude of the student than it does on your teaching.

Also, when you referred to people as a shower, were you meaning a shower of s*** or a shower of p***?

shakey

yes, agreed - I did "sorry" edit my post (before yours, honest :))

ah, just a shower of gentle rain irrigating the field of vendorbash crop.

jon

well there would be some discussion but u right no not a lot of milage but it would not create 12 pages of the worst conspiracy theory ever (ie DT is in a one sided partner program LOL)

the thread would probably have died out as you correctly state it has all been said before but linking the thread to an absurd vendor promo is beyond ridiculous

so there's a lot of mileage in discussions there? after all the vids premise of having greater winners rather than losers, and not letting the equity curve drop off a cliff like jodies , else you lose the lot!

does that make for top discussions then? doesn't everyone actually understand that already? you surely don't need to have a further disgussion on this point? i'm sure there's lots here already, and out there, surely?

Did I say many? Sorry I meant most, if not all.

In truth, peebee, you can't know. You have exposed many an outright scam with evidence where it is certainly true; you have doubted many where it is likely to be true; you have doubted many more where it might be true; and you have doubted many for whom you don't really have any idea whether it's true or not.

well there would be some discussion but u right no not a lot of milage but it would not create 12 pages of the worst conspiracy theory ever (ie DT is in a one sided partner program LOL)

the thread would probably have died out as you correctly state it has all been said before but linking the thread to an absurd vendor promo is beyond ridiculous

DT's not a bad guy but he does have a very obvious agenda as The Hare says (this is not just related to this thread). Sometimes he goes a bit over the top with it.

A fifth of the way through the video. Nothing of note in it so far, other than don't blow your account. Keep your losers small and your winners big. Wow.

A lot of things are about perception though. And we have a vendor's video being discussed in this thread, another vendor with 'links' to him defending the video and the vendor, and a mod saying there's nothing wrong with it.

I shouldn't have asked if FuturesTrader71 is a vendor...

i agree yes, its all out there already (y)

but the one sided partner program that has been alluded is pretty fetched, unless it is a sunday night "i am bored so lets attack anyone with a vendor badge"

Well I've made no mention of that.
Its not conclusive, although I can certainly see how it looks.

The only issues I ever have with this kind of thing are:
1. Quality and accuracy of content.
2. If content is charged for, is it available for free elsewhere.

Thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.