Article A Day in the Life of a FX Spot Desk Trader (Part 2)

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 54
12:05 Appraisal time. I’m back in my office, munching my sandwich and typing with one finger. The first one is Mike, which is actually pretty easy. He’s experienced, thoroughly competent, and as far as his interactions with spot trading are concerned he’s a model citizen. Done. Next! This one’s tougher. It’s a girl called Carla, who heads up the middle office functions here. I can’t say we’ve always seen eye to eye if I’m honest. We’ve had a few run ins over the delivery of P&L and risk reports (both in terms of timeliness and also with accuracy). She’s not producing them herself, but my personal thought is that she’s had long enough now to whip that team into shape, having come over from our rivals, I heard, at no small expense to do just that, but I don’t give it both barrels. There’s almost zero upside to doing that, on any level. For a start, I’m sure she’s both well intentioned, and, knowing the approach to headcount that all banks take these days, almost...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

meanreversion

3,398 535
Really enjoyed reading this one, took me back to my days trading on the sell side. Total chaos, and when the dust settles, a few hundred k in the tin, couple of pints and forget about work until Monday.

Jack o'Clubs

Experienced member
1,554 342
Great articles. Gives home traders a bit of insight into what they're missing at least in terms of the banter and stress levels on a desk!

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
Enjoyable stuff - thanks for writing it

macd31016

1 0
This article has been more enlightening than some expensive paid for trading lessons,more please.

macd31016

hairyhands

5 0
An interesting read but that's not my idea of trading. No wonder these guys burn themselves out, riding the highs and lows and regular visits to their caffine dealer, no thanks but sounds exciting none the less.

MoneyRush

30 0
Nice article, thanks for good info. Catch like.