FT71 video - pretty brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers.
That's another way I guess, but that sort of thing is pretty obvious too and a regular poster who posts quite a few realtime trades would be 'found out' within 20 'calls' or so - possibly a lot less assuming it was a busy thread with more people to notice such shennanigans

Any other ways?

''Live trades, as I am sure you are aware, are worthless. They are very easy to fake and there are countless example of such on this site. They prove nothing.''

Not to go off topic, Leopard, but how do you fake a live call? I've seen you say this a few times. Maybe i'm missing something! I've made quite a few 'live calls' in the ES thread and flashhearts forex thread, along with a few others.
If someone posts a trade entry, yet the price is nowhere near their 'entry' at the time of the post, we give them hell.
Other than that, how can they be 'faked'?

That is a closely-guarded vendor secret. :LOL:

There are a few ways, including the most obvious one. How often do they come under real scrutiny? Then of course, the call is only one part of it. Management and exit also play their own small part. A little lag here and there, slight delays in making posts (perfectly reasonable under the circumstances), a few tweaks, not very difficult.

Of course, you see many such threads. By pure random chance, a vendor operating such a thread simultaneously in a number of places will have a profitable month sometime. That is where he will harvest his victims from. Any that are unsuccessful, the nic disappears and a new live call thread is started the next month.

On a similar note, James16 apparently posted an account statement to show his members it really could be done (according to a member on here). I have no reason to think that the statement wasn't genuine - in fact I believe that it was. He posted a statement from a small account, showing just a month. If I wasn't sure before, that would convince me that he is a vendor and not a trader.

But a lot of people will view it as final proof of his trading brilliance, and rush to hand over their money.

cheers.
That's another way I guess, but that sort of thing is pretty obvious too and a regular poster who posts quite a few realtime trades would be 'found out' within 20 'calls' or so - possibly a lot less assuming it was a busy thread with more people to notice such shennanigans

Any other ways?

No problem there. I was using a limit, didn't get filled. I pulled the order before it triggered. I got filled, thought better of it, closed straight away - just in time too. That's experience for you, knowing when it's not acting right. Etc.

No problem there. I was using a limit, didn't get filled. I pulled the order before it triggered. I got filled, thought better of it, closed straight away - just in time too. That's experience for you, knowing when it's not acting right. Etc.

lol. I get it.
Although I was already aware of such trickery.
I assumed you were reffering too a different kind of dishonesty of which I wasn't aware.

Still, all of the stuff mentioned would be pretty obvious rather quickly - especially in a thread such as lordflashearts.
I remain convinced that in general live calls are a good way to seperate those who can trade profitably from those who can't.

I have my answers and You can now all carry on attempting to gang-rape dinosaurtoast

i think the easiest approach and one that wastes time further as is necessary, is to report the thread and let admin sort it out - which i have done.

btw it is well known and public my uselessness on the trading front. if toast wants to go down that road again and use it in someway as a shield to justify his vendorings, fine, bring it on (y)

I have looked at it and I think you are nit-picking in the extreme. Clicking the link and watching the video is all that happens. You have to work extremely hard to go on from there to find any linkage to DT's stuff and I would say you and others have given him 100 times the publicity that he would have maybe got from posting the link in the first place.

As usual very few choose to discuss whether the video is interesting or not and whether it has any value to newbie traders or not.

I suppose if an entirely "innocent" member posted the link because they had found it interesting then you would have immediately claimed that they must have a secret "vendor" agenda, or you would have spent all your time wittering on about the evil vendor company that produced it rather than saying anything in anyway constructive - good or bad - about the video itself. What a bloody shower you all are - I dunno why I waste my time.

lol. I get it.
Although I was already aware of such trickery.
I assumed you were reffering too a different kind of dishonesty of which I wasn't aware.

Still, all of the stuff mentioned would be pretty obvious rather quickly - especially in a thread such as lordflashearts.
I remain convinced that in general live calls are a good way to seperate those who can trade profitably from those who can't.

I have my answers and You can now all carry on attempting to gang-rape dinosaurtoast

He must have popped off to get some more lube :LOL:.

You are right, and you've probably seen them get caught out. But their main weapon is belief. People see what they wish to see, and ignore what they don't. Plus one of those threads will be stuffed with multinics, shouting down the objectors and supporting the main scamming nic.

Live trades in general from honest people? That's totally different. I don't doubt that people like Flash and Robster are being honest. But then, they're not selling anything. :LOL:

................. I don't doubt that people like Flash and Robster are being honest. But then, they're not selling anything. :LOL:.............

So if they started to do so they'd immediately become dishonest would they?

As usual very few choose to discuss whether the video is interesting or not and whether it has any value to newbie traders or not..

As the video wont play on my ipad (evil vendors take note), and one of the cats chewed through the speaker cable on my PC and urinated on my laptop I haven't been able to evaluate it yet

It does look at first sight to be intelligent nonsense, but I could be wrong.

Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account. As time passes t2w's position should become clearer too, so all in all a useful exercise.

So if they started to do so they'd immediately become dishonest would they?

It depends what you mean by that.

If you mean would they, by virtue of the fact that had begun charging, and assuming nothing else had changed, automatically become dishonest? No, of course not. If everything else was the same, they would be as honest as they were before.

However, in practical terms they would probably become dishonest before they began to vend. They would think to themselves "I cannot take money out of the markets! Woe, woe and thrice woe!". Then they would think "But why should I try? After all, there are newbies aplenty, their pockets stuffed with cash - from there I can remove it with ease!".

In general, I don't think people become dishonest once they become vendors. I think they usually become vendors because they are already dishonest.

This may run deep in them (that is, they could be your run of the mill scammer, who will run scams in anything he can), or it may not (someone perhaps who failed at trading and now needs or wants to make money some other way).

As the video wont play on my ipad (evil vendors take note), and one of the cats chewed through the speaker cable on my PC and urinated on my laptop I haven't been able to evaluate it yet

It does look at first sight to be intelligent nonsense, but I could be wrong.

Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account. As time passes t2w's position should become clearer too, so all in all a useful exercise.

I thought you'd not be able to resist another T2W bash - thx for not disappointing :sleep:

Did it eat your homework as well?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ris...2-ft71-video-pretty-brutal-6.html#post1945068

No reply? :)

BTW DT I'm not having a dig at you, so why all defensive?
The only issue I have with you is that you seldom if ever
mention how big a factor retail comms are in scalping.
Retail comms is mostly what will make or break a retail scalper.

As for trading, live calls etc.
It matter not one iota to me what anyone here thinks of my ability or
lack of it.
Not even vaguely interested.
Nothing to sell, nothing to prove.
If that makes me a looser in your eyes so be it.

I come here for the banter, chat, lulz and odd nugget or link that crops up.
Any other reason for coming here is as retarded as going on
a football forum expecting to learn how to play,
or go on a politics forum expecting to learn how to be a politician (BS and lies is all thats needed).
The most that anyone will learn from forums is the basic mechanics.

Forums are just for banter, chat, lulz and subject related discussion.
Nothing more.
When it becomes more than that, well thats where the problems begin.

It depends what you mean by that.

If you mean would they, by virtue of the fact that had begun charging, and assuming nothing else had changed, automatically become dishonest? No, of course not. If everything else was the same, they would be as honest as they were before.

However, in practical terms they would probably become dishonest before they began to vend. They would think to themselves "I cannot take money out of the markets! Woe, woe and thrice woe!". Then they would think "But why should I try? After all, there are newbies aplenty, their pockets stuffed with cash - from there I can remove it with ease!".

In general, I don't think people become dishonest once they become vendors. I think they usually become vendors because they are already dishonest.

No, they might think "I don't take enough money out of the market for all I want, but I do know how to trade and can teach others". After all if you want to take £40K a year out of the market as your "salary" you've got to net £200 a day each and every day and be pretty heavily capitalised if you're going to take a lot more than that. That's not easy and a less risky additional income is not necessarily to be frowned on as long as you are upfront about it.

Whats the chance a vendor will declare upfront that they can't make enough money trading?

Whats the chance a vendor will declare upfront that they can't make enough money trading?

Well I meant honest in approach. ie: they wouldn't say "I take £1m a month out of the market and so can you", but it wouldn't be a lie to say "I am a profitable trader and can teach you how to trade profitably".

The point is that not everyone who teaches has to be dishonest by definition, nor is it proof that they cannot trade themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.