FT71 video - pretty brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

x4x

465 61
Thanks - a brilliant video - not often I can sit through an hour long trading video.

I actually thought he was very gentle with her.....!

trendie

Legendary member
6,096 977
good vid, DT.
I too thought he was quite supportive, and constructive.
he went through her trades, and illustrated how her losses could have been capped if she simply bailed out at appropriate times. this wasnt hindsight trading either, just number-crunching.

Your opening remarks suggested a chance to hear someone chew someone out, and thought it would be funny.
But it turned out to be quite a good analysis.

It didnt deal with any specific trading technique, just with how a specific traders losses could have been curbed, through analysing their trading journal.

Reactions: gle101

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,497
Too late. It wasn't so brutal, except that it bring back bad memories.
Sigh... Now you have to go and wash off all that vendor scum.... :LOL:

Good stuff - it wasn't brutal from the perspective of how he talked to her... just brutal to go through that and have it aired publicly.

Gotta hand it to the girl - she obviously OK'd it. :clap: (y)

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 280
Listen to a vendor and you will enter a negative feedback loop 1 step forward 2 steps back. Rinse and repeat. It's the equivalent of hiring a morbidly obese person as a fitness coach. Sometimes I wish people weren't so dumb but then it would be harder to beat up the market.

I opened the video saw all the 5hit on the chart and closed it (after a ruddy good laughs I might add)

BeginnerJoe

3,329 349
Just a beginner making beginner's mistakes. I doubt other beginners will learn anything from that without having to go through the same mistakes themselves.

Reactions: x4x

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,497
Listen to a vendor and you will enter a negative feedback loop 1 step forward 2 steps back. Rinse and repeat. It's the equivalent of hiring a morbidly obese person as a fitness coach. Sometimes I wish people weren't so dumb but then it would be harder to beat up the market.

I opened the video saw all the 5hit on the chart and closed it (after a ruddy good laughs I might add)
Well - you made some presumptions and actually missed an interesting video.

This is a brokerage, seeing a retail client start to blow their account and having a chat with them about WTF it is they are doing.

I thought it was quite refreshing.

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 280
Well - you made some presumptions and actually missed an interesting video.

This is a brokerage, seeing a retail client start to blow their account and having a chat with them about WTF it is they are doing.

I thought it was quite refreshing.
Well each to his own I guess. I certainly wouldn't want to learn to trade from a broker for obv reasons.

Reactions: the hare

BeginnerJoe

3,329 349
(some people feel grateful for this service).
So they should. If the beginner in the video carried on as she did, she would have loosed her blouse. If someone is incapable of learning by themselves sufficiently quickly, then any advice (even that from vendors) is better than no advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.