Forex Day Trader's Thread

I'm not qualified to have an opinion on climatology and apparently the people who are qualified are fudging the data to support their wretched Communist masters.. I just anxiously await the guillotines to take care of the root problem.

nancy_pelosi.jpg

Mom??? WTF are you doing here? your embarrassing me!:cry:

I do try keep my losses small. Problem with high leverage and tight stops is you can get a lot of hits pretty quickly and decimate an account in no time. I've been there and done that. I dropped maybe 120 pips this afternoon, not great but it's easily recoverable. Just irritating as i'll have to make it back just to get back to where I was today.

Feeling that one, after a great 3 day run on the cable i didn't quite lose my shirt on Thursday more a short sleeve - low cut number. I had that 'feeling' in the morning, I will know for the next time. Good Luck

The good thing about using multiple orders is that you can bank each one individually for small profits to offset earlier losses.. Even in a huge move like yesterday's there are temporary bounces and failures you can bank before the s/r cracks.. If you use just one giant order all you can do is watch and pray.

The thread is being overrun by Canadians.. They're going to spill maple syrup all over it and attract ants. It's ok though, I am always prepared and knew this day would come.

RaidAntKiller.jpg

I am NOT converting to the metric system no matter how outnumbered I may become ;)

Every time Euro made a big move upward schmucks would breeze in and make silly comments as if all we ever talked about was "shorting Euros" :LOL:

I'm doing good.. concentrating on ninja

I took it down for a 2,000 pip profit but wasn't satisfied so I held my trade until it became an 800 pip loss.. Hey, I short Euros, it's a personal decision..

AUDUSD Major resistance @ .9320, minor support @ .8976 or thereabouts, but trend is down. Could be the last part of a head and shoulders that has taken place since October, in which case shorting would be appropriate.
EURAUD ( note other way round to your request) Minor support @ 1.62 or thereabouts. Major support @ 1.600 area. But trend is down.

But then again....never ventured into the Forex arena. Just my two'pennorth'

Shooting star in XAU/USD weeklies points at USD strength next week which will take Aussie with it.

Pip, when did you become a long term trader? :cheesy: I have two opened lots eur long from friday and don't know What to do with them? Closed gbp and aud

I still look at the long-term charts just to see which way the wind is likely to blow ;)

I need to get at least one 60+ pip trade this week. Last week was wimpy and the week before that was medicore as well.. I'm being too cautious..

3 weeks ago KILLED though :cheesy: need another week like that.

MUAHAHAHAHA..

Pip, when did you become a long term trader? :cheesy: I have two opened lots eur long from friday and don't know What to do with them? Closed gbp and aud

Long term? usd will be worth less than the paper it's printed on! short term it will go up then down then up then down.....

I've been trying on my netbook - been getting some 50k's but my keyboard's a bit messed up. If i'm not too busy with trading tomorrow i'll have a big crack at it with the main setup.

Methinks it's time to buy some euros.

gold just mysteriously tanked.. [sigh] here we go again..

sidelines waiting for dust to settle