Forex Gone Social

Hello traders. Orli from Currensee here. As a Forex social network, our mission is to bring sharing and collaboration to the online FX community. It's not news that there has been a noticeable shift of individuals (and traders) seeking information online from fellow traders in forums, social communities, on Twitter, etc.

In the spirit of transparency in the FX market, we're here to talk about new development and news on Forex going social.

The goal of this thread is simple: to create an open discussion about the need for transparency in Forex (and trading in general) and the best ways to achieve it.

So I open up the floor to you. If you have specific questions about Currensee - what is it, why use it, how's it different - we'll be happy to fill you in, but please keep your personal information private. DM us if you need support or assistance.

Happy Trading!
-Orli

Last week we asked our traders their take on Forex forums, and their responses ranged from "it's an invaluable resources for FX traders," to "it is a complete waste of time." Well if you're reading this you're obviously on a forum, so what do you think of forums?

What are you looking for when you come to this site?

Happy Trading!
-Orli

.....and their responses ranged from "it's an invaluable resources for FX traders," to "it is a complete waste of time." Well if you're reading this you're obviously on a forum, so what do you think of forums?

What are you looking for when you come to this site?

Happy Trading!
-Orli

hi.

imo it depends on for how long has trader been trading. for someone just starting its likely to be an invaluable resource.[or confusing but they are not aware..:)] but for someone who has been trading for years its more likely the later.

when i was starting i was following as many as 10+ trading forums. now its just 1-2, but im not visiting every day or week.. its more like i'm visiting almost daily for some time [like month ], but after that i am in none-or very sporadic visits frequency state for many months

and even in times i sign in, im not visiting most of the forums' sections, and i check just several threads (with skipping some posts)

I cant say its the same for all traders with many years of trading experience but i think its likely.

btw. when I signed in this forum today it said 'last activity in march 2009 or something like that'. and i even don't know what made me to revisit today:)

I was close to signing up to this Curensee thing, I quite liked the idea, but what in God's f*****g name is this "secure link to your broker" s**t.

Just because you say it's secure don't mean it's bleedin secure sunshine. And who the hell are you anyway asking for peoples login details so you can monitor their accounts?? No chance me ol' mucker, are you by chance the same nice Nigerian chap who emailed me the other day wanting to put some money into my account?

Just because you say it's secure don't mean it's bleedin secure sunshine.

By that logic your broker's assurance that your connection to them via their online platform don't mean anything either.

And who the hell are you anyway asking for peoples login details so you can monitor their accounts?? No chance me ol' mucker, are you by chance the same nice Nigerian chap who emailed me the other day wanting to put some money into my account?

I've personally met the folks at Currensee. They are not from Nigeria, but rather Boston, with a pretty nice chunk of VC capital behind them. In other words, it's a legit operation with over 5000 current members - all of whom have provided their broker access info.

By that logic your broker's assurance that your connection to them via their online platform don't mean anything either.

I've personally met the folks at Currensee. They are not from Nigeria, but rather Boston, with a pretty nice chunk of VC capital behind them. In other words, it's a legit operation with over 5000 current members - all of whom have provided their broker access info.

Well you can never be too careful these days, what can I say T2W has made me cynical. Even so I don't think I'll be joining, I had no idea I had to provide my broker access info, I don't even trust my broker let alone some dudes from Boston.

Last edited:
Well you can never be too careful these days, what can I say T2W has made me cynical. Even so I don't think I'll be joining, I had no idea I had to provide my broker access info, I don't even trust my broker let alone some dudes from Boston.

You didn't get from the fact that they focus on the transparency of real trades and real trading performance that somehow you'd have to expose that information?

Oh, and they are registered with the NFA, so it's not just some little closet operation.

You didn't get from the fact that they focus on the transparency of real trades and real trading performance that somehow you'd have to expose that information?

Oh, and they are registered with the NFA, so it's not just some little closet operation.

No

I thought it was like Facebook for traders. I thought it was a place for a load of trading nerds to hang out and talk about how they can't get girlfriends, I had no idea that they focused on the transparency of real trades.

Besides I don't want to be exposed for the charlatan I am.

We've been churning over a question for the last few days...

It's not surprise that Forex get a bad rap compared to other financial products like stocks and mutual funds. Do you think that Forex is a legitimate asset class (alongside these other investing options)?

Food for thought this Tuesday morning.

Happy Trading!
Orli

We've been churning over a question for the last few days...

It's not surprise that Forex get a bad rap compared to other financial products like stocks and mutual funds. Do you think that Forex is a legitimate asset class (alongside these other investing options)?

Food for thought this Tuesday morning.

Happy Trading!
Orli

why is your phone number a necessity when signing up?

why is your phone number a necessity when signing up?

Hi dcarrigan,
Your phone number is not required in order to register for the platform, but you can provide it if you like. If you have any other problems during the registration process, you can contact [email protected].

This thread is intended to discuss trends in Forex and social media, and new strides in the Forex market going mainstream as an asset class.

So dcarrigan, what were you doing before you started trading Forex? Did you start trading/investing in other assets and transitioned to Forex, or is Forex your first dive into the markets?

Orli

Same goes for easy-forex. Lots of information on the website and a great community you can talk to on Facebook.
Forex is definitely getting more social, and I like it.

Same goes for easy-forex. Lots of information on the website and a great community you can talk to on Facebook.
Forex is definitely getting more social, and I like it.

Hi Devid,
So when you go to these social platforms, are you looking for participants to share interesting articles and commentary, or do you prefer they contribute original stuff (put their own 2 cents' worth). What is more valuable to you in these communities?