Best Thread STIR's from Scratch

Was wondering if any one got any comments on trading boxes (long term) on Euribor?
looking for some new lower risk-long term strategies to expand my portfolio.

cheers
cyrus

Was wondering if any one got any comments on trading boxes (long term) on Euribor?
looking for some new lower risk-long term strategies to expand my portfolio.

cheers
cyrus

not worth it if you got small amount of capital. best for professional traders with a lot of money to invest in the strategy, because it is essentially a strategy of borrowing or lending money.

hey
Im a pro trader, trade oil at the moment but looking to expand my portfolio. back month flies in brent are good but they have got their limitations so time to look for similar strategies with better volume.

thanks

not worth it if you got small amount of capital. best for professional traders with a lot of money to invest in the strategy, because it is essentially a strategy of borrowing or lending money.

euribor options haven't got much volume at the moment, so if you looking for volume euribor is not the place. I would suggest eurostoxx options.

what sort of vega exposure you carry on oil trades cyrus?
hi
im not really into the mathematical methods behind the option strategies (Should really start learning more about them though!! :smart:). Mostly trading prices and levels.
simple spreads and flies on brent.

looking to expand my portfolio by trading hedged strategies on more markets.

surely you need to know your risk levels. Selling options is a very very risky game to play.

its futures. get the risk people to assign the lot sizes and limits. mostly study different flies and calendar spreads and wait for them to reach strong historical levels and then jump on them.
Once you start in this business there are so much information that its gonna take years before you really know what you doing! just hope dont end up blowing my accounts till then ;) :p

what about ur self? you a fan of these sort of strategies?

yea, do ratio spreads, condors, etc. But as a pro trader you don't have risk guys telling you what your limit is, you decide yourself. are you based in the UK. Because all traders in london make their own decisions based on their risk exposure. Are you a market maker or prop trader?

yea, do ratio spreads, condors, etc. But as a pro trader you don't have risk guys telling you what your limit is, you decide yourself. are you based in the UK. Because all traders in london make their own decisions based on their risk exposure. Are you a market maker or prop trader?

based in london, prop trader. If i go over my limits risk will fire me!

its sorta an updated model of a prop firm. They are much more strict than other firms. Risk really controls the younger traders.

I'm looking to start trading the Euribor calendar spreads in the next couple of weeks. I would prefer to trade remotely (initially at least) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a broker or a clearing firm.

I've seen the commissions with Velocity start at £0.66 per side (including exchange and clearing fees) with an X_Trader subscription. I've been reading through a number of other threads and I understand that I should be able to find a much lower commission rate...

The other issue I have is the speed of the X_Trader platform. I'm based in the UK so I think I need to trade through a UK firm as there's likely to be a slight delay if trading through a broker in the US.

I would appreciate if anyone can help with some advice.

Last edited:
how much volume do you want to do? 66p a side is a heckuva lot on the assumption you're doing reasonable volume...

If you wanna do over, say, 20k sides a month then PM me and I'll pass your details on to where I'm at... we can offer X_Trader to remote clients easily enough.

Hi,

People still trading Euribor's / Short Sterling outrights or spreads, know alot of STIR traders quiting and moving to either other markets or other industries all together due to all the algo's in the market.

Is anyone here reading the order flow of these markets still? Or is it like most other things and its all down to who has the fastest computer and connection with the best C programmer making systems for them that trade in nanoseconds therefore rendering human traders useless.........or do we still have a chance?? Anyone still trading able to let me know?

Is anyone here reading the order flow of these markets still? Or is it like most other things and its all down to who has the fastest computer and connection with the best C programmer making systems for them that trade in nanoseconds therefore rendering human traders useless.........or do we still have a chance?? Anyone still trading able to let me know?

yes still have chance for sure and cant really imagine a time where we dont have a choice. there is many things a trader at home can do, many companies leave strategies on the table because they are too busy picking up better money following other strategies.

yes still have chance for sure and cant really imagine a time where we dont have a choice. there is many things a trader at home can do, many companies leave strategies on the table because they are too busy picking up better money following other strategies.

good to hear, I just fear there will come a time(if not already) where it will just be super-fast computers battling it out, making trades before the human eye can even register whats going on. Read stories about flash crashes all the time and weird things that are going on, seems more and more like supply and demand are no longer the driving factors. Hope I'm wrong.