Forex Day Trader's Thread

Well too late, the spreads are 10 pips, I guess I'll have to wait till Sunday. By the way, I made 350 liters of wine and I have to try it every day to see is it getting better. Very demanding activity!

I'm stuck in my house with no beer.. it's snowing today for the first time in 17 years and everyone is freaking out.. All the shops are closed.

Snowing in Texas? I would be quite scared as well.

On the other hand, it's freezing cold in Toronto, Ontario and we're already in December, and yet not a single drop of snow.

I think the poles have shifted! :LOL:

I've decided next week is going to be an insane week. I'll definitely be buying euros sunday evening if it looks good and I don't have to take weekend spread. Today's antics really pissed me off & i'm coming back with vengeance to get my loss + more.

I've decided next week is going to be an insane week. I'll definitely be buying euros sunday evening if it looks good and I don't have to take weekend spread. Today's antics really pissed me off & i'm coming back with vengeance to get my loss + more.

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
“He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself”

Snowing in Texas? I would be quite scared as well.

On the other hand, it's freezing cold in Toronto, Ontario and we're already in December, and yet not a single drop of snow.

I think the poles have shifted!

I guess this means I'll have to learn to play hockey. It's a shame since my parents spent so much money on braces. I bought skates a long time ago and everyone made fun of me, but who's laughing now?

I am now a free range North American.. OH CANADA My home and etc.. etc.. (need to learn anthem)

I'll definitely be buying euros sunday evening if it looks good and I don't have to take weekend spread.

go work on that Donkey Kong score.. I've almost completed my crushing of Evolution's spirit on my own, but an ally wouldn't hurt.

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
“He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself”

Wow, you're full of good quotes. I'm not angry, just disappointed in myself. The market shall feel the wrath of my left hand and tremble in fear at what i'll achieve next week. I shalln't sleep and I won't falter.

go work on that Donkey Kong score.. I've almost completed my crushing of Evolution's spirit on my own, but an ally wouldn't hurt.

:LOL: Nice work, you must have too much time. I'll have a go in the week - let him hang on to some hope and then i'll try crush the remains of his spirit.

I figured you would have made a killing since you said yesterday you were going long ninja with some huge target.. and it's like 200 pips up.

Well.....I have a second account. Smaller that I mess about on. I have 2 cable positions which are bad, and I have that ninja position which is about 250 pips in profit. But i'm more interested in my main account, once I flatten the small account positions i'll probably not touch it again.

The dollar soared against the yen on Friday and also rose on the euro after data showed the United States shed a far fewer-than-expected 11,000 jobs last month, boosting hopes that recovery is picking up steam.

Everybody has a hard on for a strong USD it seems. The USD started it's bounce up after ECB President, Jean- Claude Trichet, said that a strong dollar is "very important" for the euro-zone economy hours before the US jobs data was released (which seem a little to good to be true but that's just me).
China has been very vocal about a strong USD, as well as Russia and india. Canada is unhappy with current level of USD-CAD. So it seems the "powers" that be are making a move to rally the USD... strategically this is their best shot all they need is a little more positive data showing US strength and we can have a bullish USD for 2010( as long as retail sales numbers are strong for this x-mas) good enough movement will draw more and more money.

Why don't you just increase your leverage and use small stops? You can generally at least get back to even except on the worst of days.. I find that I make small gains or small losses on most days and then there are days when you get it right the first time and make big profits.. There are never any days when you really get nailed if you use 20 pip stops and stick with the plan.

Everybody has a hard on for a strong USD it seems. The USD started it's bounce up after ECB President, Jean- Claude Trichet, said that a strong dollar is "very important" for the euro-zone economy hours before the US jobs data was released (which seem a little to good to be true but that's just me).
China has been very vocal about a strong USD, as well as Russia and india. Canada is unhappy with current level of USD-CAD. So it seems the "powers" that be are making a move to rally the USD... strategically this is their best shot all they need is a little more positive data showing US strength and we can have a bullish USD for 2010( as long as retail sales numbers are strong for this x-mas) good enough movement will draw more and more money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfYdh-l01zI&feature=related

I do try keep my losses small. Problem with high leverage and tight stops is you can get a lot of hits pretty quickly and decimate an account in no time. I've been there and done that. I dropped maybe 120 pips this afternoon, not great but it's easily recoverable. Just irritating as i'll have to make it back just to get back to where I was today.

Just came back from 10 days in Thailand then week in Moroccco on motorbike. Where's the feckin 'I'm shorting euros' thread gone!? Also, Pippy 5000 appears to be promoted to Commander-in-chief forex trading!?

The dollar soared against the yen on Friday and also rose on the euro after data showed the United States shed a far fewer-than-expected 11,000 jobs last month, boosting hopes that recovery is picking up steam.

thanks for copy and pasting the title of an article you found. please dont post that here or have random conversations about things you dont understand or have any relevance to this thread to begin with

for the record this is all public info http://www.canada.com/business/fp/strong+comeback+greenback/2303113/story.html

That's right Count!

and already mad with power!!!

Tarhini,

I already pointed him out to the global mods.. I can't ban people, but this guy is fishy.. He does nothing but cut and paste financial articles.

It's snowing in Houston man! Probably happens even less often than it snows in Miami.

cool, yeah I just figured I'd give it a shot haha.

and yeah man, thats what everyone has been saying over here...last time it happened in miami was the late 70's...and I only know that because of my parents hah, I wasnt even born yet...but yeah man..global warming, right? lol im not even going to get into that, plus youre from texas so im pretty sure you feel feel the same way about that (at least i hope so).

I'm not qualified to have an opinion on climatology and apparently the people who are qualified are fudging the data to support their wretched Communist masters.. I just anxiously await the guillotines to take care of the root problem.

nancy_pelosi.jpg

Haha! No worries, those skates will come into good use if you decide to join the Toronto Maple Leafs (our NHL team). On the other hand, you could probably alone defeat the entire team given the disastrous way they have been playing this season. :LOL:

I guess this means I'll have to learn to play hockey. It's a shame since my parents spent so much money on braces. I bought skates a long time ago and everyone made fun of me, but who's laughing now?

I am now a free range North American.. OH CANADA My home and etc.. etc.. (need to learn anthem)