Forex Day Trader's Thread

Ridder did you stay with AUD/USD ?? looks like we were right .. too bad I bailed at 72.2 for about $3

You guys played the GBP/USD wrong .. should be buying deep dips or place entry orders beyond the next strongest resistance to get in if an only if it looks like it wants to make a try for 1.55 .. Maybe you'll get lucky but in the future don't jump on the subway on the last stop..

watch for the 1.5187 break for further upside..

approaching 55 DMA at 1.516 ..

Back from tea... How do I know if it is hitting strong resistance? Sorry for the newbie question.
I am currently using IG Markets.

took profit on usd/cad at 119.20

waiting for next chanche , hourly stochastics.. not most ideal right now

do you see how it stalled at 1.518 and then screamed up to 1.527 .. it broke major resistance..

missed a big oppertunity by closing my gbp/usd position before it went above 1.52, looks like its heading to 1.55 now. eur seems to be recovering is well,

sterling rallied like crazy, I know there been some short covering, but at 15:50 it began a 100pt rally. anyone know why?

risk/reward looks great on Cable . .room to run to 1.57 with little resistance .. US stocks are down.. a rally would send Cable skyward! I have my stop at 1.5018 take profit 1.57

Announcement by Reuters...
LONDON, Jan 7 (Reuters) - Sterling extended gains against the euro on Wednesday, pushing the single currency below the key 90 pence level for the first time in three weeks ahead of an interest rate announcement by the Bank of England later in the week.

The single currency fell roughly half a percent to 89.97 pence according to the Reuters Dealing system, its weakest level since mid-December.

Gains against the euro pushed the pound up 1.5 percent to $1.5164, its strongest in three weeks.

The BoE is widely expected to cut interest rates by 50 basis points from 2.0 percent.

"There's an unwinding of speculative short pound positions, given the fact that euro/sterling didn't reach parity," said Lee Hardman, currency strategist at BTM UFJ in London.

"Maybe we're starting to see aggressive monetary easing expectations pared back as well, and that may be helping the pound."

risk/reward looks great on Cable . .room to run to 1.57 with little resistance .. US stocks are down.. a rally would send Cable skyward! I have my stop at 1.5018 take profit 1.57

i am planning to get back into gbp/usd, whats the best time you would say.