Deletion of threads!

tradesmart said:
The Buddhist, a qualified professional hit the nail on the head
TS - you might want to consider choosing your character references a little more carefully.

The Buddhist said:
"In my 54 years on God's Earth, I have met (and treated) more people with a guru complex than you can shake a stick at. Typically they all pretend to want to shed a little light on the path of les fortunate mortals, but in fact all they are doing is feeding their own ego. If you are not one of these insufferable bores".
{my emphasis}

If I ever need "a qualified professional " I think I'll find one with more sensitivity to his clients.

See this is the beauty of discussion. We get both sides of the story... different angles, different opinions.. its all very stimulating intellectually.

I personally have the highest regard for Buddhist exactly because of the posts that got him band. He was infuriated and had been insulted and treated with contempt by Socrates... merely for asking questions and stating a difference of opinion.

Socrates arrogant little posting to this thread actually confirms buddhists view on matters. I think a post by buddhist is an excellent choice to reference.

Using a snippet of someones posts doesn't actually make it clear about the context and the circumstances in which it was posted. I didn't think Buddhist was out of order at all in his posts because I had seen the interactions surrounding it!

It has to be recognised: If one person is angry,upset and lashes out... then we can consider it a personality clash and nothing more. But when many people express genuine anger and dismay... maybe its not them that is at fault. Maybe they actually have a very good reason that isn't purely based on their imagination. Maybe it actually is true that Socrates is an arrogant, egocentric person with a guru complex! Its a possibility after all.

I dont appreciate seeing people threatened whilst engaged in open debate and exercising their right to freedom of speech. Its not very nice. I tolerate him doing it in his own little thread in 'private' with his special rules... but please, spreading this bile over other threads isn't acceptable. We are here to debate and share opinions not to be abused and bullied. Take such stuff elsewhere I say!

zow said:
Harryp
I'll just have to take your word about the fantastic posting - good luck to you with it.

Zow, I have copied Socrates post , it really is "brilliant"

Jolly good, all of you.

I will be dealing with the matter of the ciphers later.

Now has the chosen one to whom yesterday I imparted today's news not seen it verified for himself in real time, unfolding as anticipated, all day long ?
No public posting please.
If you wish to cantact me do so by PM.
Hope you like it.
Kind Regards.

Loved the "No public postings please"

SOCRATES said:
What is going on here ? What is this behaviour for poeple who aspire to become traders?

I am going to tell you all right now that I am not Grey 1 or Iraj. There is only one of me and that is enough.

Furthermore you are all under the misconception that because you have acquired the hardware, the datafeeds, the software and opened trading accounts,and that you can read and write, add and subtract and multiply and divide, that this makes you traders.You are all very much mistaken in your assumptions. Real traders are committed, serious, dedicated, reliable people, which you are displaying not to be by your collective and individual conduct on this thread, and elsewhere.

Finally, I will tell you now that I am keeping a league table of who is giving unnecessary and unjustified aggravation to the moderators, who do their best to maintain the reputation and very high standards of integrity for which this website is renowned. You may consider it fun, I do not. I do not see it as funny at all.

In this connection I am grading members who post on my thread, not only according to the conduct they display there but elswhere, including here. I am attributing a weighting based on ability, merit and with particular emphasis on conduct.

Do not be surprised if you come to me and you find that the door to progress in this topic gets slammed in your face as a result of your behaviour here and elsewhere. I am watching very carefully, because in my circle I only admit the best according to the criteria described clearly above.

There will be no excuses and no apologies you can offer and no forgiveness granted.
That is all.

Socrates - Although I have never had any wish to disrupt your thread or attack you, I am now seeing why there is so much controversy about you. You certainly do like to pour a lot of petrol over your own fires dont you, you cheeky little scallywag.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people here may infact be BETTER traders than you are? Id take a dose of your own medicine if I were you and try to see both points of view. I've seen your type before, and believe me, it often ends in tears. You'll find most good traders are quite humble people (believe me, I know many - from all over the world) - a quality you seem to lack.

And for the doubters - believe me THERE IS NO WAY Socrates is Grey1. Grey1 had humility and respect for his fellow traders. He also demonstrated his techniques (of ALL aspects and pillars of trading) clearly and concisely and addressed any questions or alternative points of view in an adult and respectful way. Grey1 fully accepted there was more than one way to trade. Grey1 never embarrassed himself either by pretending to have spent MILLIONS on software systems - just to prove him self right!

Anyway, the reason for this post is just to point out recognition of Sharky's efforts and thanks - t2w aint as bad as I may have indicated in my last post. Id also like to thank all the support people have shown me through PM since my brief return.

Thanks and bye for now.

There is a clear warning at the start of the Basement thread that deviating from the script will not be tolerated, it is not particularly my style of things either but the policy is clearly stated, and it woul appear to me that enough posters had been hammered by the time Buddhist copped it for that individual to have picked up the way this specific thread (market) was operating.
Personally, as one who came late to the discussion, it has taken me a lot of spare time over some 4 days to get close to the end of what's already gone past, and I'm darn glad there aren't an extra 500 posts to wade through I assure you.
Like the real markets, you don't have to agree with the way it operates but if you don't then you only have yourself to blame if you crash and burn. I DO have sympathy regarding the pompous etc comments, as Socrates does indeed often come over like that - I also have sympathy with Socrates who believes he's 110% right, passing real gems along, and unwilling to prove it all over again when it's oh so easy to just squelch the opposition.
On balance I think that if Socrates has real magic to impart, and I think he does, then it should be regarded as a lecture rather than a discussion - I'm a teacher by trade (physics) and whilst I encourage pupils to participate there are times I slam the lid down to ensure we progress rather than sidetrack - Socrates is doing pretty much the same as I, and it's a sad commentary if I'm unwilling to endure the same conditions I impose on my pupils.
I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think it's foolish to argue on a thread that is patently set up as a tutorial session - like all pupils we are free to dismiss the material afterwards, but we are not at liberty to disrupt the class, it's downright arrogant to assume that whole class has failed to see through the scam and that therefore it's okay to interrupt.
Dave

Dave JB.
It is indeed the tutorial nature that we are trying to preserve. One day it may become a reference work... and it's nice to see the whole issue being debated elsewhere, including here, without censorship.... so far. :cheesy:

The whole point is that unless you listen through to the end, you won't know what's on offer.

One day it may become an alternative 'Mein Kampf'...... (unless censorship gets it first.........)

(only jokin'.......... :cheesy: :LOL: :cheesy: )

I think............. :confused:

Last edited:
ChartMan said:
Dave JB.
It is indeed the tutorial nature that we are trying to preserve. One day it may become a reference work... and it's nice to see the whole issue being debated elsewhere, including here, without censorship.... so far. :cheesy:

Agreed - I'm not a fan of censorship, but I really don't think that we need a well focussed thread to be littered with sidetracks... left unchallenged the next thing would be somebody posting joke of the day there, and whilst I invariably read the jokes I prefer to do so seperately from the serious stuff. I see no harm in having an 'Is Socrates a Pompous git' thread elsewhere, (my vote is for no, by the way, I think he's just exasperated at times), I don't think that it;s appropriate to have that in the middle of the Basement thread.

I believe this is a valuable and interesting discussion, and despite being a duffer by Socrates' description I'm quite willing to keep an open mind to see what I can learn.

Dave

ChartMan said:
Dave JB.

It is nice to see it being debated without censorship, well done ChartMan !

Do'nt tell skim what you're up to !

{ a reference work for traders ? I doubt it :rolleyes: }

I have read through journey from the basement thread and found it facinating.
If someone has a go at me on a forum then who cares really as long as at the end of it i learned something and dont retaliate.

Read the thread over the long weekend (trade US markets) - reads like many a trading floor I've sat on. The traders/the would be traders/ the teachers/ the pupils/ the know it alls. Many fall into several of these categories. I tend to put a face to each of these categories- not good, I know, but keeps me in MY place.

Closest Ive seen to a virtual trading floor - very healthy environent! We are all adults- let's keep going. Live and let live- its the blood of the markets

Evening Peeps
Back from my enforced vacation

For the record I was banned for disrupting the "no indicators" thread. I have looked again at what I posted ( yes the posts are still there) I still can't see why compared with some disruptive comments but I guess one persons view of disruption differs from another.

I did log back on as "phil ya bewts" "nick leeson" and "daytrade" this was in response of the emails I had received with regard to things disappearing there was only one nick registered at any one time. This was not an attempt by a vendor to deceive as has been insinuated elsewhere if I had wanted to do that I would have hidden my ip address and stopped the cookies from sending information and also wouldn't have used toungue in cheek nicks.

Welcome back DC.......!!!!!!!!

(you'll always be my Nick Leeson.............)

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 516
  • fireworks1.jpg
    fireworks1.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 155
  • fireworks2.jpg
    fireworks2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 197
I may be wrong, but, I think a response I sent, using quotes, to the "Journey From the Basement" thread has been deleted at 00.30 BST, within 30 minutes of being posted. Look at the time- so many viewers- so little to hide!

Is this a record? I should have saved the post to a Word doc before sending but assumed my words would be safe.

What is going on?

(Apologies if it reappears overnight)

jimbo57 said:
I may be wrong, but, I think a response I sent, using quotes, to the "Journey From the Basement" thread has been deleted [...]
What is going on?
Didn't see your post Jimbo, but have you read the first post in the JftB thread?

It's fairly explicit in terms of what the rules are for that thread.

I guess your post was in some way inappropriate within that context.

Jimbo. If it reappears tonight, you are likely to get a ban. Your response to china's post was considered a personal attack and blatently rude too.

Jimbo I've looked at the post that was removed, and the language and tone is clearly inappropriate for these forums. Phrases like "Get a life!", "Get a set of values, and a lesson in syntax!!", "get a history lesson and a perspective.", "you are talking rubbish." are not helpful.