Deletion of threads!

If you use the word "cod" too many times it's obviously fishy - you'll get found out....... :confused:

be warned.....

Now lets all consider why perfectly reasonable intelligent posters felt they had to resort to multiple nicks. Isn't it possible that they might have felt that they had been banned unjustly and felt frustrated? Isn't it possible that maybe it was a lash out using the only expression left to them?

I hold in reserve whether this is the best site... it seems okay so far.

The recent spate of multiple banning for doing nothing more than having opinions and asking questions in the Socrates thread is mostly under the spot light in relation to banning. Whether they deserved it, whether banning someone for unabusive unoffensive posts is right use of power? Whether in fact a 'special thread' with special rules should be private, subscription thread.

People become frustrated that they are banned for something they feel they dont deserve... maybe this is a cause for coming in with other nicks. Maybe they wanted to come back to the website they liked but realised they would get banned for coming back under a different name and pretended to be a newbie. Not to decieve us but just to get back in without being banned again. A reasonable assumption.

I dont feel blind trust should be followed though. I feel that moderators aren't the police... they are there to serve us. Keep it safe, keep it tidy... and inform us, the users and posters of the site... the people who create the content and give life to the site... We are the ones that make the site what it is, not them! They keep it orderly... we produce the value, we produce the debate. We therefore have a right to know exactly what is done in OUR name, for our benefit. Just so we can judge for ourselves. Should this person be banned... lets see the reason for each and every one on a separate forum specifically made for it! Let us decide whether people should be reinstated/banned or whether fairness was done. A trial so to speak.

Let us know all threads deleted! Let us have a right to see all deleted posts... in a trash can of sorts. But there to see and judge whether it should be deleted.

I was mainly spurred on to create this thread because dc2000 thread was deleted that caused no offense and he was not an offensive person. If he did something like having multiple nicks... he would have been driven to it! Even if someone is permanently banned.. their threads and posts that are not abusive should stay as they may actually be of interest to some.

Also, posts of mine asking for feedback were deleted... Not even a PM, no explanation.

We are the givers of vitality and quality on this forum. We create the content... this is our forum therefore... we are the creators and authors of everything here. Let us have a say in its running and in the use of discipline, at least to the extent of reviewing the use of force and at most in the decision of the use of force.

That is reasonable isn't it?

Those false beards won't fool the site's excellent haddock stirring committee though. Aie!

and anyone who mentions cod with beards should get a warning too........very disturbing.........

see C10 and D32.......

C10 and D32?

tradesmart this isn't a darksider thread! There are some ignorant non-believers here too.. who are just not worthy.

he said looking in the mirror

pkfryer said:
C10 and D32?

tradesmart this isn't a darksider thread! There are some ignorant non-believers here too.. who are just not worthy.

You said it first :LOL:

pkfryer said:
Now lets all consider why perfectly reasonable intelligent posters felt they had to resort to multiple nicks. Isn't it possible that they might have felt that they had been banned unjustly and felt frustrated? Isn't it possible that maybe it was a lash out using the only expression left to them?

I hold in reserve whether this is the best site... it seems okay so far.

The recent spate of multiple banning for doing nothing more than having opinions and asking questions in the Socrates thread is mostly under the spot light in relation to banning. Whether they deserved it, whether banning someone for unabusive unoffensive posts is right use of power? Whether in fact a 'special thread' with special rules should be private, subscription thread.

People become frustrated that they are banned for something they feel they dont deserve... maybe this is a cause for coming in with other nicks. Maybe they wanted to come back to the website they liked but realised they would get banned for coming back under a different name and pretended to be a newbie. Not to decieve us but just to get back in without being banned again. A reasonable assumption.

I dont feel blind trust should be followed though. I feel that moderators aren't the police... they are there to serve us. Keep it safe, keep it tidy... and inform us, the users and posters of the site... the people who create the content and give life to the site... We are the ones that make the site what it is, not them! They keep it orderly... we produce the value, we produce the debate. We therefore have a right to know exactly what is done in OUR name, for our benefit. Just so we can judge for ourselves. Should this person be banned... lets see the reason for each and every one on a separate forum specifically made for it! Let us decide whether people should be reinstated/banned or whether fairness was done. A trial so to speak.

Let us know all threads deleted! Let us have a right to see all deleted posts... in a trash can of sorts. But there to see and judge whether it should be deleted.

I was mainly spurred on to create this thread because dc2000 thread was deleted that caused no offense and he was not an offensive person. If he did something like having multiple nicks... he would have been driven to it! Even if someone is permanently banned.. their threads and posts that are not abusive should stay as they may actually be of interest to some.

Also, posts of mine asking for feedback were deleted... Not even a PM, no explanation.

We are the givers of vitality and quality on this forum. We create the content... this is our forum therefore... we are the creators and authors of everything here. Let us have a say in its running and in the use of discipline, at least to the extent of reviewing the use of force and at most in the decision of the use of force.

That is reasonable isn't it?

Spot on.

Well, as I've just come back from my vacation - err banning (hahahaha) its good to see some sanity for a change!

Just to set the record straight (should anyone care) I was banned (I guess) for a comment that was made very tongue in cheek, about how the moderation (and I use that term loosely) is becoming like communist China, and for the over stressed to calm down a bit. Thats all. Of course, one person obviously took this personally as always......

Im just pointing out that that moderator must have EXTREMELY low self esteem to take such a comment personally. I actually feel sorry for that sorry individual whos only ethos seems to be making EVERYONES board a mirror on how they believe the world should be run. Truly pathetic. On the whole, I should point out that the other moderators dont seem to act in this way, especially the forum editors who I appreciate do a lot of selfless work for the site. So, who moderates the moderators?, and what do we do if we are unhappy with them?

Also interesting to note the remarks about other BB. Everyone knocks ET, but on having a look I found this -

REAL traders discussing REAL trading issues - unlike t2w
A few silly posts, but people have better things to do, so they ignore them. They dont carry on for days bitching about silly things that just dont matter (like Im doing - I accept!) - unlike t2w.

So as a result, and being sick of the over heavy handed approach I can't see my self spending much time on t2w anymore. May collect the odd PRIVATE Message (which it seems aren't too private reading the above - more paranoia from big brother!!) but thats it.

Thanks for the banning - its a real eye opener to see what a miserable place this has become - thanks!

Ta da!

PS - whats the bet that the decision to liven this place up and let the discussions run a bit more freely is more heavy handed tactics towards anyone who disagrees. DOH!

Im offski.

well said BBB... another valuable member disappearing because he thinks his own thoughts and speaks his own mind. Both are very good and worthy traits and have been responsible for our lack of belief in the world being flat!

What was that site again BBB? I think I'll have a look.

Some of the replies and 'warnings' that the moderators have issued lately (especially on the darkside thread) have been in my opinion way out of order.

But i take the point that good moderation makes a good bulletin board.

It seems there's a fine line between being a good moderator and being a bully.

Porks.

pkfryer said:
well said BBB... another valuable member disappearing because he thinks his own thoughts and speaks his own mind. Both are very good and worthy traits and have been responsible for our lack of belief in the world being flat!

pkfryer said:

Elite Trader

It too has moderators, devices to counter spamming, commerical postings etc. These things seem to me to be done pretty well. And like t2w it has some resident contributors, with highly personal styles and views, whose postings run into the thousands, and who take dissent somewhat personally.

PS - whats the bet that the decision to liven this place up and let the discussions run a bit more freely is more heavy handed tactics towards anyone who disagrees. DOH!

I'm all for livening things up..... Please please please look at what happened. We asked many times for those that were intent on screwing up the no indicators thread to stop. They didn't . You know the result. If you want to liven things up, do it on my thread. Those that want to follow Socratee's thread should be allowed to do so without interference. If you don't like what's said, or want to argue the toss, open up your own thread where any debate will be more than welcome. "The Basement" thread is NOT a place for a heated debate.
This is not directed at you, BBB, and I have no idea why you were banned, although I could find out if I were so inclined.
On the multiple nicks thing, they have appeared without anyone being banned YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Granted, there is one person that has attempted to regain access by re-registering, following a ban.There are many who just run more than one alias and are not or never have been banned. Their motive? deceit.

Whether this board has gone down hill is certainly open to everyones individual judgement.

However it's still the best UK board out there in my humble opinion so thanks to the boss and the mods.

Symmetry

Porks said:
Some of the replies and 'warnings' that the moderators have issued lately (especially on the darkside thread) have been in my opinion way out of order.

But i take the point that good moderation makes a good bulletin board.

Porks.

Clear and prompt action by moderators is indeed the way to deal with roughneck abuse (regrettably present in some recent posts) and with the other key forms of disruption (spamming, multiple avatars, commercial promotion etc).

But there is a lack of symmetry between the blanket prohibition on debate in the two "darkside" threads (backed up by threats of exclusion from the site) and the way that debates are conducted in other threads by luminaries (if that is the word) of the "darkside". The pattern is not to engage with the reasonable questions posted by the uninitiates in these other threads, but to respond by directing the uninitiated to the two protected darkside threads.

There is thus a one-way valve canalising further "discussion" into the area where censorship is promised by the moderators (see #1 of the Basement thread, where they write: "Debate and opinions can be posted on 8,000 threads on these boards but NOT on this thread nor the No Indicators Revisited thread").

The facts have a dark cast to them. And I do not refer only to the esoteric aspect of the "darkside" conversation. It is not good enough to say (or have said on your behalf) that because you are not selling anything you do not need to justify your views; entering upon an open debate creates that obligation in and of itself. I am not surprised that one recent participant finished his contribution - to my way of thinking both reasonably courteous and reasonably cogent - with the memorable phrase "Outta here".

It's a shame people feel that way. It's very easy to knock - and it seems to be a british past-time. If only people realised how much work is involved in running a site like this, and the sacrifices that have had to made over the past 3 1/2 years. I've done eveything I possibly can to give the UK a site to rival every other trading site out there, and it saddens me to hear BBB that you think that this is a miserable place. If real traders aren't discussing real trading issues, then it's only because people like you choose not to and instead prefer discussing "silly things that just dont matter ", as you say in your own words.

Skimbleshanks

Threads and posts are removed for all sorts of reasons - some because of legal implications, some because of copyright infrigements, some because of abuse, some because they contain profanities, some because they contain threats to others, some because they are there to deceive others, some because they are blatent or disguised advertising, some because they are duplicate posts, some because we have been asked to by the original poster if they cannot do it themselves, some because they are in the wrong place, etc, etc.

We do not have a) the time, b) the inclination, or c) the duty, to report the reasons for each and every removal/offence - you just need to trust us.

No problem here with any of the above, however my original comment on this thread related to the deletion of pkfryers original thread which was (at that point) simply asking what had happened to the Genesis thread. It was a polite enquiry....and one which did not fall into any of the undoubtably justifiable reasons mentioned above. For THAT thread to then be deleted without any explanation to the originator is downright rude (imho)
Also, as schoe has repeatedly said on this thread, some ppl were interested in purchasing the Genesis system and I believe pk has stated that he did send off his money...so at least two members would no doubt welcome any information which may affect them. These boards have many valuable threads highlighting possible dodji practices and/or money wasting seminars/courses/systems...as well as the very good ones. I would ask why the Genesis system should be treated any differently? It's removal has unstated an unsubstantiated detrimental implications!

Pls let me state clearly that I am in no way connected to dc2000 or pkfryer, I have not purchased or ordered Genesis (but am interested in it), and I do not have multiple personalities(nics) Therefore I have no hidden agenda here...just a desire for honesty and courtesy!

Last edited:
The Genesis thread was reinstated about 30 mins ago. The whole topic of commercial advertising on the forum is a separate issue and needs clarification, that's why I'm aiming to publish the guidelines later this week.

Speaking of multiple aliases and decieit, does anyone know if any posters who have reviewed sandy jadejas seminar are known to have used any underhand tactics?

Just so everyone knows, DC2000 was temporarily banned from the forums for a week because of comments deemed to be disruptive on the "Journey from the Basement" thread that followed an earlier warning made on the thread. This is in place for one week, and will be removed on Friday 9th July.

Clarification as to the circumstances surrounding a temporay and permanent ban, and general conduct on the boards shall be provides by an additional set of guidelines (to those mentioned in the previous post), and will be publised later this week.

Andrew, there is no such evidence that this is the case. I believe Sandy mentions the T2W website and the opportunity to post a review, and this is the reason why you see new members post reviews about it. We subsequently required 5 posts on the forums and in at least once case it appears that, that person made 5 quick posts then posted a review - which although meeting the requirements, was not done in the spirit of the guidelines (ie. reviews should be posted be active members of the site) - we'll probably change it so that you will need to have been a member for at least a week or a month. Suggestions are always welcome.

Hi Sharky,

re: the number of positive course comments by relative newcomers.

I believe there should be another box called "Relevance to Trading".

I say this for the following reasons.
( NB: I have been on the Sandy course, earlier in the year. )

I whole-heartedly agree that Sandys course was very good, but I am having difficulty applying the principles.
I wont post a review until at least 6 months have elapsed, where I give a shot, then I will give my opinion.

There is a huge difference in going on a course, and posting a review within 2 days of attending, and actually TRADING the knowledge.

I would give 5 stars for the lunch !!
But I would be struggling to give 2 stars for relevance.

Should there be a delay in allowing course attendees to review, so that they can comment on the tradeability of the course ?