Deletion of threads!

pkfryer

243 0
ChartMan... I have refered also to threads inexplicably going missing that I and dc2000 has created that didn't offend anyone. No explanation was given either. This is rude.

I am not lumping all moderators into the same basket... but I feel there may be some that are a little too over enthusiastic.

Also, in regard to recent multiple banning... that subject has been debated before and a great deal of anger is seething behind the scenes that the moderators themselves may not be privvy to, but many forum members are aware of.

Banning anyone for stating an opinion is wrong. Also, it has to be asked of yourselves... what would possibly cause an otherwise reasonable poster to start being very angry and disruptive. Do you think they just suddenly all went mad? Is it a full moon? Or perhaps there is a common reason... perhaps there is a disruptive force that is behind it all. Otherwise intelligent, decent poster being driven through frustration and exasperation to retaliate. Maybe they should not be the ones who are banned.

Anyway, I think it is the moderators duty to restore equilibrium... and that requires listening to BOTH sides of the story.

But enough of this controversial subject.

When a person is banned, a post or a thread deleted a moderator should post this fact for all to know. What are the circumstances, why were they banned (or it deleted) etc. We have a right to know why discipline is metted out or threads are culled. Some of us have friends here that suddenly disappeared, we would like to know why, and if there was really fairness dealt. Some of us devote a great deal of time posting and reading threads... we have favourite threads we follow or we are interested in. We would like to know why these threads disappear, what were the reasons? They are public property! Also, if I spend the time to write a post, I like to think that it isn't going to be deleted because I inadvertently broke some rule. It takes thought and time to write a post, and it is my property... I dont like the idea that someone can delete it without good reason. If it is deleted I have a right to know why and for it to be public knowledge.

This is the main reason for the thread.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
PKFRYER, I hear what you say. Now hear what I have said. YOU try our patience and eventually we snap, like any other human being.If you or anyone else cannot conduct themselves in a way that you yourself would wish to be treated, then you will have to suffer the consequences.
Phil Yabewts, N.Leeson, daytrade, SoupDragon, George W.Anker, Alice, take note.( And others) that if you post with multiple nicks, you run the risk of getting ALL your posts deleted. There is no other reason to have multiple nicks other that to deceive members into thinking you are two different people when in fact you are one and the same , or several the same as in the above cases. There are others that we are aware off and it is laughable the deception that some members try to get away with.....
On a slightly different topic. I CAN GUARANTEE that contrary to popular rumour, and reinforcements by members with muli aliases, that SOCRATES IS NOT GREY1/Iraj. End of story.

qaza

235 0
Chartman

Some of the traders in our office who are members of t2w feel that it would be helpful to have a "trashcan" where we can view deleted posts for a short period after the event. Is this feasible ?

neil

Legendary member
5,167 750
Bin them

qaza said:
Chartman

Some of the traders in our office who are members of t2w feel that it would be helpful to have a "trashcan" where we can view deleted posts for a short period after the event. Is this feasible ?

Then everyone else can get on with reading "on topic" posts .
Nice to see the moderators taking a reasonably firm line, albeit I feel they are remarkably tolerant.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Remember too that those using multiple nicks are actually 'conning' other T2W members, and they appear to think that it is amusing to disrupt this playground with their childish antics.

Just ask yourself *why* any vendor and/or member would be that desperate to attempt to con and deceive everyone here by employing such tactics.

They are also intentionally conning us all by recruiting other members, who are not fully aware of the deception being employed, to do their dirty work in public and through PMs.

Don't be fooled, and don't make a laughing stock of yourselves by falling for this deception.

ChartMan and I have been moderating this site since it began, and over those three and a half years we have tremendous knowledge and experience of all the tactics employed by those who attempt to deceive and disrupt, usually for their own financial gains. They are not true traders like the majority here. We use this knowledge and experience to moderate the site in the ways we know which will cause least disruption to genuine traders, and make life uncomfortable for those who attempt to deceive. You have to trust our integrity in these matters, and if you do not wish to then you are free to leave.

schoe

343 3
Skimbleshanks said:
Remember too that those using multiple nicks are actually 'conning' other T2W members, and they appear to think that it is amusing to disrupt this playground with their childish antics.

To give you an example - one vendor was banned, initially for one week, despite having three warnings. That person has subsequently registered an ADDITIONAL FIVE NICKS (at the last count) and has proceeded to deceive people by pretending, among other things, to be new and asking for help.

Just ask yourself *why* any vendor and/or member would be that desperate to attempt to con and deceive everyone here by employing such tactics.

They are intentionally conning us all by recruiting other members, who are not fully aware of the deception being employed, to do their dirty work in public and through PMs.

Don't be fooled, and don't make a laughing stock of yourselves by falling for this deception.

Thanks Skim for that explanation. Nobody wants to be deceived or made a fool of but we are not in a position to have the same amount of information you do in order to decide who is genuine or who is not. Is it not possible to give us more details of people who are doing this by naming and shaming them, this will then help us decide whether to post/offer advice/show interest in their systems etc.

Bigbusiness

Experienced member
1,408 23
I did see a post yesterday by Buddhist that was just abusive and I am pleased that the moderators banned him. He can go and do that on ADVFN, Elite etc. but I do think the moderators have no option but to ban someone when they start posting just pure abuse. Having seen that, I appreciate what the moderators are doing.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 750
schoe said:
Thanks Skim for that explanation. Nobody wants to be deceived or made a fool of but we are not in a position to have the same amount of information you do in order to decide who is genuine or who is not. Is it not possible to give us more details of people who are doing this by naming and shaming them, this will then help us decide whether to post/offer advice/show interest in their systems etc.

No point in doing that. It simply means that resources are diverted from on topic posts to debates on off topic scam artists and blowhards. If you want to look for vendor systems then try other boards.

You have to allow moderators to moderate, otherwise you might as well go elsewhere to boards that tolerate off topic bickering, and snake oil promotion.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
schoe said:
Is it not possible to give us more details of people who are doing this by naming and shaming them

Unfortunately you will just have to trust the integrity of the Mods. If someone is banned, it is because of a very good reason and usually follows one or multiple warnings, either privately or in public. The offending posts which caused the ban are removed so that life can continue here uninterrupted. That therefore means that the scenario leading up to the ban, together with the public warnings, is also removed.

We go for months and months without banning anyone (apart from serial spammers - ones who materialise during the night and make multiple spamming posts) - and then we get a bout of one or more troublemakers who generate multiple nicks, cause disruption, and deceive - almost always for their own financial gain or because they are losing in the markets and want their retribution from others, often those they view as more successful than they are.

And so we are then *forced* to take action, some of which you may see on the boards.

Threads and posts are removed for all sorts of reasons - some because of legal implications, some because of copyright infrigements, some because of abuse, some because they contain profanities, some because they contain threats to others, some because they are there to deceive others, some because they are blatent or disguised advertising, some because they are duplicate posts, some because we have been asked to by the original poster if they cannot do it themselves, some because they are in the wrong place, etc, etc.

We do not have a) the time, b) the inclination, or c) the duty, to report the reasons for each and every removal/offence - you just need to trust us.

qaza

235 0
:cheesy: If you do'nt tell us who it is then we'll have to believe the rumours ................ and you do'nt want us doing that ! :cheesy:

Last edited:

minx

328 10
Really!! I replied to the guy, cant really see what hes trying to sell and he wasn't abusive..... what was his motivation do you think???

schoe

343 3
Thanks Skim, I am not questioning the integrity of the mods or the job you do. This is the only board I read because it is the best and you all do a very good job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock