Current events

Crikey! You are not starting on the catholics, now, are you? As if you haven't enough problems.

Ha ha in the search for perfection ?
Let's tilt at false gods, Don Quixote style.

Glad to see you are still kicking.

Last edited:
I see our own nutty politician Boris is in Oz putting forward the 19th century idea of British Imperialism by advocating sending the British aircraft carriers to the South China sea to face up to China's expansion onto reefs etc.
He doesn't seem to realize that Britain no longer is THE dominant sea power. Two nuclear tipped missiles and they are vaporized. Then what ?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...in-south-china-sea/ar-AAoTNSP?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
Russia and China are flexing their muscles more and more on the International stage.
Both are rather hiding behind North Korea and Kim must be enjoying that position as well as having fulfilled his family's commitment to put Mainland USA under the threat of nuclear attack.

What China and Russia are perhaps over looking is the huge cost to be a major player. The US has wasted trillions of dollars with no great tangible results over the last 2 decades. But this is partly because of incompetent policies.

The Chinese economy could easily collapse if the USA and Europe were to put on large tariffs.

I was inclined, like most people, to underestimate N. Korea. Now, I am getting concerned. Both Kim and Trump are loose cannons and the rest of the world is dependent on their common sense.

What a prospect!

We may not like Putin but I, for one, wish we had some one, in charge, who had his leadership.

US arms exports are valued at about $47 billion a year. I'd call that a great tangible result.

I seem to recall the Iraqi army ( trained and armed at great expense ) turned and fled leaving all its weapons behind for Isil.
Jets to Saudi ? Yes but that could have happened anyway.

Why does everyone here think Trump is a loose cannon??
He's not the one threatening another country with hitting them using nuclear weapons.
He has certainly done good things for the US: Stock market hitting revord levels means lots of retirement accounts gaining value, Lowest recorded unemployment, more...

Peter

Why does everyone here think Trump is a loose cannon??
He's not the one threatening another country with hitting them using nuclear weapons.
He has certainly done good things for the US: Stock market hitting revord levels means lots of retirement accounts gaining value, Lowest recorded unemployment, more...

Peter

Don't sweat it Pete....we have numpties over here that can't believe we voted for Brexit. I find it's best to ignore the doom mongers, but if this is not possible, baiting is good sport atm. :)

Don't sweat it Pete....we have numpties over here that can't believe we voted for Brexit. I find it's best to ignore the doom mongers, but if this is not possible, baiting is good sport atm. :)

The fact that you'd like to ignore me means that you are worried.

So you should be.

If you did not have so many nohopers leading you---did you say that I was a sheep?
---then I may have some hope for you. :cry:

The fact that you'd like to ignore me means that you are worried.

So you should be.

If you did not have so many nohopers leading you---did you say that I was a sheep?
---then I may have some hope for you. :cry:

I'm not in the least bit worried Split. What do I have to worry about?

As for no hope leaders, including the European Ones, well they are everywhere and mostly impotent seeing that crony corporates seem to run everything these days.

So perhaps you should be worried by placing so much faith in failing systems of government.

The failing systems of government of other countries? No way. That's their business.

Anyway, I like to see a man who has the courage of his convictions. Have a good holiday, everyone in government is.

Interesting situation developing between the US v. North Korea.
Officially they are still fighting the same ole war from the 1950s.
Is it going to be a game of chicken between Dump and Fatboy as to who strikes first ?
Presumably the Russians and Chinese are having a good laugh either way !

Wonder what odds they are offering ?

Interesting situation developing between the US v. North Korea.
Officially they are still fighting the same ole war from the 1950s.

As far as the USA is concerned the war ended long ago when we left the Korean peninsula. It's the 2 Korea's that haven't stopped fighting.

Is it going to be a game of chicken between Dump and Fatboy as to who strikes first ?
Presumably the Russians and Chinese are having a good laugh either way !

Won't matter who strikes first. Russia and China will line up behind NK, even as they attempt to destroy SK.

IMHO, the US should continuously attempt to push greater penalties against NK in the UN and let China continue to vote no on them. That'll make China look bad in the UN.
NK threatening to hit the US with nuclear weapons is bad for everyone. One above ground nuclear explosion would render the Paris climate initiatives invalid.

Peter

The irony is that the US is trying to isolate various countries for various reasons and is itself becoming isolated ! Plus Trump deliberately goes out of his way to insult and annoy even the US's friends, neighbours and trading partners too.
Is that sensible ? More like insane imho. Making home made TVs etc. at twice the price. Is that sensible, rather than compete ?

For the US's sake he should step down. The nutty businessman approach will be disastrous for the US and it's allies.