Current events

I mean regurgitating BS about what Corbyn had for breakfast in 1984 is total b0ll0cks but national news media thought it was important for the elections.

A politician or anyone else can only be judged by what they do and what they say. To some extent who their friends are.

Jeremy Corbyn's positive support for terrorist organisations including the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun - is well documented. He even voted against a bill to deny returning ISIS fighters their UK citizenship: this was in just 2014

He is unrepentant in 2017 on these issues, so cannot be given the benefit of admitting having made an error of judgement.

A politician or anyone else can only be judged by what they do and what they say. To some extent who their friends are.

Jeremy Corbyn's positive support for terrorist organisations including the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun - is well documented. He even voted against a bill to deny returning ISIS fighters their UK citizenship: this was in just 2014

He is unrepentant in 2017 on these issues, so cannot be given the benefit of admitting having made an error of judgement.

Talk about lack of talent in politicians. Corbyn is a downright basket imho. Big mouths and little judgement. AAaaaaaaaaaaaah !! The terrorists would love to kill him too if he goes anywhere close.

As for his stance on war and weapons. If he was ever elected, it would be a matter of months before we were invaded, unopposed.

Mrs Poodle is under attack. Senior Tories want her best buddy advisors sacked or else !
Never heard of Nick Timothy or Fiona Hill but apparently they concocted the poor manifesto etc.

Apparently, both aides have resigned this pm. Which is just another lost opportunity for May to have shown some (belated) decisiveness. Should have sacked them both before they could resign. Should have done it yesterday after the let's get to work BS in Downing Street. She should by now have read Tony Soprano on Management.

Apparently, both aides have resigned this pm. Which is just another lost opportunity for May to have shown some (belated) decisiveness. Should have sacked them both before they could resign. Should have done it yesterday after the let's get to work BS in Downing Street. She should by now have read Tony Soprano on Management.

I'm shocked and stunned by the extent of her management style.

Forget reporting to Parliament, she even kept her cabinet in the dark.

Is this the kind of leader we want leading us into Brexit???

Thank goodness for our checks and balances. Phew :eek:

Actually Tom, "resigned" can mean they were offered the option to resign or be pushed. We have no idea weather this in fact took place. That's the modern way of doing things....apparently :LOL:

Actually Tom, "resigned" can mean they were offered the option to resign or be pushed. We have no idea weather this in fact took place. That's the modern way of doing things....apparently :LOL:

FGS, the Tory party demanded their heads on a platter and TM served it cold.

It's plastered all over daily trash ;)

Well its obvious that resign can mean asked to resign. But she should have decapitated them publicly, not given them the opening to resign. It would have shown her disgruntled MP's and maybe others here and across the Channel she means to fight. As it is, she has again let other people steer the agenda and the timing and of course got the now familiar outcome.

I really don't think she has the guts to lead.

On top of which she should have immediately sacked 2 or 3 lukewarm cabinet ministers, just to show the rest they'd better get in line or face a fight. As it is, it doesn't look like she wants to fight at all. Gutless.

Apparently she's very secretive and guarded. As for those two rottweilers they had a temper and routinely dished out abuse to civil servants.

So those characteristics may have served all three well in a government department like the home-office.

Then there is the Peter's effect. I think somebody already said she's been promoted to a position above her pay-grade.

She almost had us all fooled but thank goodness she found her self among Welsh rarebit and had the opportunity to do away with Parliament, totally underestimating the ethics and resolve of upstanding hard working people who worked out her soundbites didn't add up to a fairer society.

In my whole 50+ years I've never experienced or recall such a roller coaster ride in politics at such short space of time.

We are truly at the cusp of a new era and live in unbelievably interesting times. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(y)

Apparently she's very secretive and guarded. As for those two rottweilers they had a temper and routinely dished out abuse to civil servants.

So those characteristics may have served all three well in a government department like the home-office

Reminds me of an expression I read about in my time in the public sector - quangocrat queen.

This is a (frequently female) manager who comes in to a quango / department / agency /NHS trust at pretty senior level on the basis that she has never made a mistake (because she never made a decision) and never argued with anyone (because she didn't have a clue what was important enough to stand up for). Said to have got to the top due to a "consensual" style of "inclusive management". Which is just management-speak for letting some other idiot make the difficult decisions.

They float around for a while until a crisis has built up and then float on to the next quango manager post. They typically don't get promoted internally, they have to go to work in new places where others haven't yet seen how ineffectual they really are.

This one is way above her pay grade.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear :(

Listening to the news is quite gloomy for the prospects that lie ahead of us. We now have the fear of Left biased 'militant' Labour getting in. I hope they steer towards centre ground and do not veer too far to the left.

What is it with parties lurching right and left. No common sense, purpose or reason among some people.

I thought this article has some hope.

It's possible, in some alternative universe, to see a way forward. With power in the Commons more evenly divided, the need for cross-party consensus increases. On the biggest and most urgent issue, Brexit, cooperation between the Tories and the Labour opposition shouldn't be unthinkable: Both parties agree that Brexit should go forward, and neither wants to revisit the decision. There'd be some hope of uniting the country around the goal of a friendlier separation from Europe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-09/theresa-may-s-disastrous-failure

Some part of me thinks an optimal solution in a win/win scenario maybe just possible and another thinks it can horribly go wrong with another election called before the end of the year.

I honestly think as before LibDems have the best solution of seeing through Brexit negotiations and then passing it through a democratic vote once we know what it looks like.

Right now the Tory party, eurosceptics and UKIP have made a real pigs dinner of it all. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-40236662

Don't encourage CV old boy.

Otherwise he'll be in here telling us how he knew it all and he told us so... ;)

I thought one press coverage was on the nail. Boris is out at front but needs a stalking horse.

Like TM I once used to like Boris now I see him as somebody that can't be trusted all power consumed flip flop bungling baffoon.

fwiw - quite a few peeps on TV and Radio 4 referring to Brexit as the 40 year old tumor in the Tory party that needs removal. Treatment hasn't worked.

They are waking up to and coming round to reality.

Heseltine was on the nail as always and so was Tebit.

Don't encourage CV old boy.

Otherwise he'll be in here telling us how he knew it all and he told us so... ;)

I thought one press coverage was on the nail. Boris is out at front but needs a stalking horse.

Like TM I once used to like Boris now I see him as somebody that can't be trusted all power consumed flip flop bungling baffoon.

fwiw - quite a few peeps on TV and Radio 4 referring to Brexit as the 40 year old tumor in the Tory party that needs removal. Treatment hasn't worked.

They are waking up to and coming round to reality.

Heseltine was on the nail as always and so was Tebit.

The problem has always been that MP's on all sides have been out of step with the voting public. That's why all the MP's were ignored, the experts were ignored too and 52% voted for Brexit. :)